+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds (proof) problem IRCC NEW PORTAL

eminemwww

Sep 27, 2022
hi guys

After finish the forms from IRCC NEW PORTAL online,the next step is Documents to support your application

And i got this from website.

Funds (proof)

A copy of a letter from the person that you will depend on financially during your stay in Canada.
The letter must include the amount of money this person will be providing, plus proof that this person has sufficient
funds. This can be one or more of the following:
proof of a Canadian bank account in the name of the person providing you with money if funds have been
transferred to Canada
proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
bank statements for the past 4 months
a bank draft in convertible currency
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
a letter from the person or institution providing you with money
proof of a student's education loan from a financial institution
proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational
program
The person must also provide evidence of their relationship with you. Depending on the type of relationship, this co
mean a copy of a marriage certificate, phone records, birth registration, family documents or photos.

1.What is this meaning?A letter from the person i depend on? But i will cover the whole travel bymyself,my wife(canadian cititzen)will come with me to visit my -mother-in-law in canada,she should shows the proof of bank statements?? this is so confusing

look forward to your kind reply,thank you!

Puneet scholar

Jul 2, 2018
hi guys

After finish the forms from IRCC NEW PORTAL online,the next step is Documents to support your application

And i got this from website.

Funds (proof)

A copy of a letter from the person that you will depend on financially during your stay in Canada.
The letter must include the amount of money this person will be providing, plus proof that this person has sufficient
funds. This can be one or more of the following:
proof of a Canadian bank account in the name of the person providing you with money if funds have been
transferred to Canada
proof of a student/education loan from a financial institution
bank statements for the past 4 months
a bank draft in convertible currency
proof of payment of tuition and accommodation fees
proof of a student's education loan from a financial institution
proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational
program
The person must also provide evidence of their relationship with you. Depending on the type of relationship, this co
mean a copy of a marriage certificate, phone records, birth registration, family documents or photos.

1.What is this meaning?A letter from the person i depend on? But i will cover the whole travel bymyself,my wife(canadian cititzen)will come with me to visit my -mother-in-law in canada,she should shows the proof of bank statements?? this is so confusing

look forward to your kind reply,thank you!
hi, if you have funds in your account and if it is your application then go to the funds section of the application. Then where it asks about if anyone else is paying for your stay in canada, select no. if anyone else is paying you for the trip , like your wife or a person in canada then you need to provide the details.

eminemwww

Sep 27, 2022
hi, if you have funds in your account and if it is your application then go to the funds section of the application. Then where it asks about if anyone else is paying for your stay in canada, select no. if anyone else is paying you for the trip , like your wife or a person in canada then you need to provide the details.
hi ,thank you for replying.I did select no about the question if anyone else is paying for your stay in canada,but still application asked the funds i need depend on,so weird

Puneet scholar

Jul 2, 2018
may be there is another option where it asked if it is a sponsored visit/trip. kindly check all the pages as i didnt get this option. the minimum funds for 1 month stay in canada is 2000cad per person. so if it is 2 person u need 4000 cad of minimum.

eminemwww

Sep 27, 2022
may be there is another option where it asked if it is a sponsored visit/trip. kindly check all the pages as i didnt get this option. the minimum funds for 1 month stay in canada is 2000cad per person. so if it is 2 person u need 4000 cad of minimum.
Thank you so much,

Kornet

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
Hi , I applied for my mom and provided her with a Bank draft in her name for 4500$ as she's staying with me for 13 days. Is the 2000 a month an actual minimum requirement?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi , I applied for my mom and provided her with a Bank draft in her name for 4500$ as she's staying with me for 13 days. Is the 2000 a month an actual minimum requirement?
It's better her own funds than you gave her.

Reactions: Kornet