+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds proof for spouse open work permit

sudheer.167

Jan 5, 2022
Hi All, I am working on a NOC 0 job in Canada for 1 year now. For funds proof of my wife's SOWP application, I have shown Liquid cash (1 lakh), Stocks(2.5 lakhs), Gold and Jewelry(8 lakhs) and residential property(5lakhs) in my wife's name. All of this has been evaluated through CA networth certification and I attached the last 3 months' paystubs and bank statements with ~ 25k CAD, and an employment letter from my side. I was not able to show a huge amount in the savings account of my wife Will it be any issue if the liquid cash(saving account money) amount proof for the SOWP applicant is low compared to the value of the non-movable assets? Does it have any impact on approval chances for SOWP?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi All, I am working on a NOC 0 job in Canada for 1 year now. For funds proof of my wife's SOWP application, I have shown Liquid cash (1 lakh), Stocks(2.5 lakhs), Gold and Jewelry(8 lakhs) and residential property(5lakhs) in my wife's name. All of this has been evaluated through CA networth certification and I attached the last 3 months' paystubs and bank statements with ~ 25k CAD, and an employment letter from my side. I was not able to show a huge amount in the savings account of my wife Will it be any issue if the liquid cash(saving account money) amount proof for the SOWP applicant is low compared to the value of the non-movable assets? Does it have any impact on approval chances for SOWP?
Your funds are fine if you have around $25k. Do you have any children? Ages? When does your permit expire?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have 2.5 year old kid,applied visitor visa for him.I have shown 35k cad nearly and my wp expires may 2024
You want need to apply ASAP because a SOWP will not be processed within 6 months of expiry of your permit. Don’t know where you are from but processing may take longer than May. If so, it will be refused.

sudheer.167

Jan 5, 2022
You want need to apply ASAP because a SOWP will not be processed within 6 months of expiry of your permit. Don’t know where you are from but processing may take longer than May. If so, it will be refused.
Sorry I didn't get that.my work permit is until may 2024 that's almost 1.5 years away

Nkqamar

Oct 3, 2021
Your funds are fine if you have around $25k. Do you have any children? Ages? When does your permit expire?
I have a question related to spouse open work permit “proof of funds”.
While applying through GCkey account, I can’t see any section specifically for “proof of funds”.
Does that mean I should include the proof of funds under client information (SOP)?
Need urgent reply please.