Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-04-2013
I got 2000$ CAD in my account to ask a tourist visa for 2 weeks, invited by my boyfriend, he will pay for me during my trip.

But once I get my visa accepted , I will use these 2000$ to buy my 2 tickets for travel, to go and return. After I buy my flights tickets, I'll only have around 500$ in my pocket at the moment to be in the airport in Canada...

1.- Does the agent at the airport would make me troubles because I dont bring 2000$?
2.- Does the agent ask the founds proof in this moment??

oraywatt

Jul 2, 2012
No, they usually would not. I was in Calgary a few weeks ago, and I did not have to show any funds. Basically, I havent been asked to show funds at any country immigration point, and i have been to over 10 countries. You should not have any problems.

miuyeah

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-04-2013
Oh ok, thank you!

I was reading some old questions about people who got problems at airport because of money in pocket, that's why Im wondering

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is possible that at the port of entry you will be asked to show the amount of funds available for your stay. At that point, if you aren't able to show how your trip will be covered, then you might be refused entry under the suspicion you are seeking entry to work in Canada. Best to show a sufficient amount to cover your expenses. This does not have to be cash in your pocket. It could be a combination of things, such as cash, credit cards, bank statements, a letter from your boyfriend saying that he will cover your expenses (with a phone number to contact him to verify when you enter), and probably best to include a copy of his bank statement showing sufficient funds attached to the letter.

miuyeah

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-04-2013
Thanks for your answer!

Does they make a research of the account if my bank statement paper it says that I have 2000$ but in the moment to be at aiport I only have 500$ cuz the rest I spent it on my travel tickets?

Because, like I explained, I will have to spend around 1500$ for my tickets after recieve my visa :p Of course I will have with me the letter of my boyfriend plus his statement money.

larryUK

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
When I landed for a 3 month stay they asked how much money I had available and I showed them my bank debit card along with a travel money card and couple of credit cards I've got and gave them an approx amount I had available to me on each card but they never actually asked for any physical proof (i.e paper statements), there could of been next to no money available on the cards for all they knew, guess there just happy to see the plastic.

They were more concerned about making sure I had a return ticket.

miuyeah

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-04-2013
Ok thank you for your help!

larryUK

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
miuyeah said:
Ok thank you for your help!
I should add I'm not advocating you should lie or anything, I was honest, they just aren't likely to want too much proof of funds. I'm not even sure a 2 week stay would trigger you be sent off to immigration for further questioning anyway (though may depend on what country you're from? I'm from a visa exempt country so they may treat some nations differently), the border police (or whatever they're called) will just stamp your passport and send you on your way. I've had 4 week visits to my girlfriend in the past and never been sent to immigration, was only when I was staying longer (3 months initially...as it happens I stayed 7) that the border police said I had to go to immigration.

miuyeah

May 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2013
File Transfer...
10-07-2013
Med's Done....
23-04-2013
Yes dont worry I understand your point.

I am from Chile southamerica, my bofriend will send me an invitation letter, anyways my only big problem would be my ties to my country becuz i have no job at the moment, I am fashion designer and I work by my own. That's why I am worry about the reactions they can have at airport with my money stuff or any other information of tie they can ask.

larryUK

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
miuyeah said:
Yes dont worry I understand your point.

I am from Chile southamerica, my bofriend will send me an invitation letter, anyways my only big problem would be my ties to my country becuz i have no job at the moment, I am fashion designer and I work by my own. That's why I am worry about the reactions they can have at airport with my money stuff or any other information of tie they can ask.
If they grant you the visa and you have a return ticket booked then don't think you will have much problems on landing, would be harder if you had a longer trip planned and not much funds.

I'm wondering myself what reaction I will get when I return later in the year as I stayed a long time last time, in my favour I have a good travel history over the past couple of years of visiting Canada and returning home and always maintained a legal status over there.