+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds must be show in cash

Tareek008

May 24, 2018
Hello,

For those who has already immigrate to Canada, at airport immigration, did you have to show your proof of funds in cash?

How does it this part work when you have your funds but and you landed in Canada?

Thank you.

Regards,

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Hello,

For those who has already immigrate to Canada, at airport immigration, did you have to show your proof of funds in cash?

How does it this part work when you have your funds but and you landed in Canada?

Thank you.

Regards,
You can carry cash or get a demand draft. Also you can show your bank statement (from residing country) if you are not planning on taking all of the POF amount with you.

Tareek008

May 24, 2018
You can carry cash or get a demand draft. Also you can show your bank statement (from residing country) if you are not planning on taking all of the POF amount with you.

Thank you.

If my account is in an international bank (for example HSBC), and i open an HSBC account in Canada, will i be able to exchange the currencies directly?

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Thank you.

If my account is in an international bank (for example HSBC), and i open an HSBC account in Canada, will i be able to exchange the currencies directly?
You will have to make a Telegraphic transfer (TT). Bank charges may apply and the currency conversion as per the day's rate. Check with your bank they will be able explain you clearly.

Reactions: Tareek008

Tareek008

May 24, 2018
You will have to make a Telegraphic transfer (TT). Bank charges may apply and the currency conversion as per the day's rate. Check with your bank they will be able explain you clearly.

Thanks for the info.
At bank level, they said it's possible.

But i wanted to know if at immigration level (once landed in Canada), will they accept an official document from my local bank to say that i have the funds?

OR it is mandatory that we show it in cash?

By the way, do they check the funds at immigration?

Thanks.

Regards,

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Thanks for the info.
At bank level, they said it's possible.

But i wanted to know if at immigration level (once landed in Canada), will they accept an official document from my local bank to say that i have the funds?

OR it is mandatory that we show it in cash?

By the way, do they check the funds at immigration?

Thanks.

Regards,
1. Yes, they will accept an official document from your local bank (if its under your name) for funds.
2. It is not mandatory to show Cash at the time of landing. However you will have to show a POF (check point no 1). Many immigrants do not carry such a huge amount in cash and prefer to get it transferred once they open a bank account in Canada.
3. Yes they can ask you about POF at immigration.