+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds in personal account

Shama001

May 22, 2019
Hi guys,
Since my wife's first Student Permit application has been refused we are planing to reapply.
I've got a question about funds,in her personal account.
When we applied first total funds shown by her cousin ( LKR 5 million which is approximately C$ 38158) and my self (LKR 2 million which is approximately C$ 15263) but nothing in my wife's account as money. We only submitted her property valuation report.

Now I'm going to transfer LKR 2 million and her cousin also willing to transfer another LKR 2 million in to her personal account which is LKR 4 million which is approximately C$ 30546 will be ion her personal account. Her cousin who is the e main sponsor Will be also having LKR 3 million which approximately C$ 22385 in his saving account and will be giving required documents for her sponsorship.

Can anyone tell me the amount which will be in her personal account is enough when reapplying?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
IRCC generally doesn't accept cousins as sponsors. The money should be in your account or your wife's account. If there is a sudden transfer of a large amount of funds, IRCC may ask you to explain this.

Shama001

May 22, 2019
@scylla

Yes but he was the main sponsor when we submitted at first time. At that time the money 5 million was in his account.
Yes we can explain the source of funds. But is that amount 4 million (C$ 30546) is enough?

TracyAT

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Hi guys,
Since my wife's first Student Permit application has been refused we are planing to reapply.
I've got a question about funds,in her personal account.
When we applied first total funds shown by her cousin ( LKR 5 million which is approximately C$ 38158) and my self (LKR 2 million which is approximately C$ 15263) but nothing in my wife's account as money. We only submitted her property valuation report.

Now I'm going to transfer LKR 2 million and her cousin also willing to transfer another LKR 2 million in to her personal account which is LKR 4 million which is approximately C$ 30546 will be ion her personal account. Her cousin who is the e main sponsor Will be also having LKR 3 million which approximately C$ 22385 in his saving account and will be giving required documents for her sponsorship.

Can anyone tell me the amount which will be in her personal account is enough when reapplying?

Only you can determine if you have enough money to show. Calculate the cost of her program for a year plus living expenses as required by IRCC, Add a little more for miscellaneous expenses and she should be fine. however if you will be accompanying her and ensure to have enough to cover your expenses as well.

Parklamson

Feb 14, 2019
Hello sir, I'm a first time refusal due to lack of asset and financial support because I didn't use my bank statement I used my sister bank statement with about 15million naira c$51,725 in it yet refused. I'm planning to reapply with about 6.5million c$22,415 already in my account, do I need to still add my sister statement of account because she has more funds in her account than me and what other document do I need to add to validate that I've more than enough?