+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds in dependent’s account

tulipz

Apr 4, 2016
hi all,
Just got my ITA. The funds are in my account. My husband is the main applicant. The bank kindly offered to make it a joint account - shall I get that done? Or shall I let it be and just add a letter?

Pls confirm. Thanks!

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
hi all,
Just got my ITA. The funds are in my account. My husband is the main applicant. The bank kindly offered to make it a joint account - shall I get that done? Or shall I let it be and just add a letter?

Pls confirm. Thanks!
Ircc accepts proof of funds in either of the applicants accounts so getting a joint account is not really necessary. Just a letter stating that your husband has complete access to funds in your account is enough. You could notarize the letter if you want.

shuiguo

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
The letter must be written by the spouse and that's it?

bmr

Jan 30, 2015
hi all,

Pls confirm. Thanks!
Try to produce 6 months bank statements, Funds Receipts ( if any) , a letter stating from the bank that you are maintaining sufficient funds.. Please do not forget to get sign in all the documents from Bank authority.

tulipz

Apr 4, 2016
Try to produce 6 months bank statements, Funds Receipts ( if any) , a letter stating from the bank that you are maintaining sufficient funds.. Please do not forget to get sign in all the documents from Bank authority.
Yeah, I have them in a separate savings account since 1yr. I also have documentation for the source of funds (savings from my salary). I will get the bank to sign and stamp all the statements.