+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds for Visitor Visa

Parneet17

Dec 18, 2018
I am applying for my in laws' visitor visa. In one section, its' asked how much money you will spend for your trip?
1. Do I write the estimate amount of bank balance + properties my in laws have?
2. It also asks if someone else is supporting your trip? Can I mention me and my husband's name? or is that not considered good?

Thanks a lot.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am applying for my in laws' visitor visa. In one section, its' asked how much money you will spend for your trip?
1. Do I write the estimate amount of bank balance + properties my in laws have?
2. It also asks if someone else is supporting your trip? Can I mention me and my husband's name? or is that not considered good?

Thanks a lot.
1.indicate the amount of money on their trip. It shouldn’t be all their savings because it would be difficult to justify draining all your savings for a trip.
2. Yes you can but your in-laws are still supposed to be able to support themselves in the case of a TRV.

Parneet17

Dec 18, 2018
1.indicate the amount of money on their trip. It shouldn’t be all their savings because it would be difficult to justify draining all your savings for a trip.
2. Yes you can but your in-laws are still supposed to be able to support themselves in the case of a TRV.
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Will $1000 a month be enough to write?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot for your reply.
Will $1000 a month be enough to write?
No it will unlikely to be enough. That wouldn’t allow people to purchase 2 flights to most countries tries. Have you considered supervisas of the parents don’t have a lot of funds? Supervisas are primarily dependent on the children’s funds in Canada. TRV are usually dependent on the parents funds.

Parneet17

Dec 18, 2018
No it will unlikely to be enough. That wouldn’t allow people to purchase 2 flights to most countries tries. Have you considered supervisas of the parents don’t have a lot of funds? Supervisas are primarily dependent on the children’s funds in Canada. TRV are usually dependent on the parents funds.
Oh sorry, I wrote it not properly. I meant outside the tickets. So, about 10,000 for 6 months.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oh sorry, I wrote it not properly. I meant outside the tickets. So, about 10,000 for 6 months.
10k may be enough. Approval has to do with their whole profile not just funds. You should still purchase travel medical insurance if they arrive on a TRV. If their finances are an issue I would apply for a supervisa if you qualify.

Reactions: Parneet17