+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds for parents visitor visa

kylelowry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Hi Seniors.
Apologies in advance if this was previously answered.

I am planning on applying for a visitor visa for my father. However, he has zero funds to show as liquid assets. He will be visiting for no more than 4 weeks.
All expenses, including accommodation and airfare will be taken care by myself.
I will be able to show proof of funds amounting to about 15,000 CAD. and obviously I will be showing my wife's and my proof of income as well.
Would this be sufficient?

Your advice is highly appreciated

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Seniors.
Apologies in advance if this was previously answered.

I am planning on applying for a visitor visa for my father. However, he has zero funds to show as liquid assets. He will be visiting for no more than 4 weeks.
All expenses, including accommodation and airfare will be taken care by myself.
I will be able to show proof of funds amounting to about 15,000 CAD. and obviously I will be showing my wife's and my proof of income as well.
Would this be sufficient?

Your advice is highly appreciated
This amount is fine. The fact he has no funds of his own will weaken his application. Make sure he shows ties to his home country (e.g. property ownership, employment).

kylelowry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
This amount is fine. The fact he has no funds of his own will weaken his application. Make sure he shows ties to his home country (e.g. property ownership, employment).
Thank you for your response. Yes he owns a property valued at around 200,000 CAD and a business.
The business, however, doesn't generate any cashflow due to the pandemic. He also has some unsold inventory in the business amounting to roughly 15,000 CAD.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your response. Yes he owns a property valued at around 200,000 CAD and a business.
The business, however, doesn't generate any cashflow due to the pandemic. He also has some unsold inventory in the business amounting to roughly 15,000 CAD.
what is important is loquid funds in his personal account not business account

kylelowry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
what is important is loquid funds in his personal account not business account
Thank you for your response.
So what I'm understanding is that he won't be able to get it approved unless he shows liquid funds (which he doesn't have) regardless of the fact that I will be taking care of ALL his expenses?

Do you suggest I directly apply for Super Visa?

kylelowry

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Also, I read in the following thread that their parent's visitor visa was approved without them showing proof of funds on the parent's side. Does this mean it all depends on the individual visa officer? I am confused :(

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
The take home here is to show strong ties to his country since he is applying for a TRV. Not having "any" liquid is a bit odd in my opinion but may not be the end of the world.

On the flip side you are paying for everything so if you can establish his strong ties in some other way for example, he is returning back to his job etc.. you should be ok accompanied with your solid back account.

Once again, the point here is demonstrating a strong tie to his country aka he is indeed a temporary visitor and will be living Canada soon back to his home country.

To a certain degree everything is somewhat dependent on the visa office and how well you can convince them of true intent especially when dealing with TRV.

I unfortunately cannot advice if you should apply for a super visa as against a TRV.

You need to show strong tie to his country which indirectly translate to; he does not intent to overstay because he has to leave for XYZ

Hope this helps to provide some clarification.

Goodluck!!!

Reactions: kylelowry

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your response.
So what I'm understanding is that he won't be able to get it approved unless he shows liquid funds (which he doesn't have) regardless of the fact that I will be taking care of ALL his expenses?

Do you suggest I directly apply for Super Visa?
It is hard to get approved without any liquid funds but not unheard of. If he has no liquid funds applying for a supervisa may be a better option. Supervisa is more delendent on the child in Canada’s finances where as for the TRV it is more dependent on the visitor’s finances. The fact that you only have 15k and your father has no liquid assets may make it quite challenging to get approved for a TRV. If a parent has no liquid funds it would be much better for the children in Canada to have more savings Of their own. No harm applying and see what happens.

Reactions: kylelowry

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
It is hard to get approved without any liquid funds but not unheard of. If he has no liquid funds applying for a supervisa may be a better option. Supervisa is more delendent on the child in Canada’s finances where as for the TRV it is more dependent on the visitor’s finances. The fact that you only have 15k and your father has no liquid assets may make it quite challenging to get approved for a TRV. If a parent has no liquid funds it would be much better for the children in Canada to have more savings Of their own. No harm applying and see what happens.
Do we need to show a proof of employment in Canada to invite parents for visit visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do we need to show a proof of employment in Canada to invite parents for visit visa?
No because the TRV will be based on your parents’ profile and savings. If you have only recently arrived and that’s why you are unemployed I would delay applying for the TRV until you are better established or there will be concern that your parents are trying to move to Canada with you.

OmarSarfraz

Jul 25, 2014
No because the TRV will be based on your parents’ profile and savings. If you have only recently arrived and that’s why you are unemployed I would delay applying for the TRV until you are better established or there will be concern that your parents are trying to move to Canada with you.
No actually I am doing my MBA here in Toronto and left my job. Would this be a concern?