Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 9,2013
AOR Received.
December 21, 2013
File Transfer...
January 22, 2014
Med's Request
Re-med request June 25, 2014 ,remed done July 10,2014, forwarded to CEM July 22,2014
Med's Done....
May 9, 2013
Passport Req..
June 25, 2014 (Sent June 26, 2014 and Representative Beronia received it June 27 2014
VISA ISSUED...
In process August 7, 2014 DM Sept. 1, 2014.
LANDED..........
October 2, 2014
Hi there.. Am applying my mother online but i dont know how much funds should I put on the label " Funds available for my stay (CAD).. Pls help me guys.. Pls note that i will be supporting her here in Canada, as she is going to take care of my baby while i am working

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should ask your mother and yourself how much money she has for her stay.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Depends on how long she is planning to stay.

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
rainshine said:
Hi there.. Am applying my mother online but i dont know how much funds should I put on the label " Funds available for my stay (CAD).. Pls help me guys.. Pls note that i will be supporting her here in Canada, as she is going to take care of my baby while i am working
Hi there! based on my experience, I applied a TRV for my aunt and I only put $1000 for her stay. That is for 6 months. Then I applied for my mom and asked for 2 months stay and just put $1000 as well. I provided my T4, Payslips etc.

I think the KEY is a good letter of invitation, though some say that it's just secondary. Since you are applying to Manila office I would suggest a paper application than the online application. I also think that VO in Manila has more heart than in other countries. I read so many threads that people should show $10,000 for the trip and still gets denied. So just a piece of advise, make a heartwarming invitation letter cause we don't know, maybe VOs in Manila are also watching telenovelas. haha! :)

Also, do not mention that she will be taking care of your baby..that is a BIG NO NO!

Reactions: Elmi85 and IcarusZN

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As per previous post strange as it may seem indicating someones primary purpose of visiting is to look after a baby even if the applicant happens to be the grandmother could be seen as being work so for sure do not put that as the reason for the visit. Visiting family is fine but stating looking after baby whilst parent is working not fine and should not even be mentioned to CBSA on landing. Once visa has been granted and applicant is in country then is up to you all what you do or do not do family wise just dont add complications to the application.

rainshine

Mar 21, 2014
Cavite
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 9,2013
AOR Received.
December 21, 2013
File Transfer...
January 22, 2014
Med's Request
Re-med request June 25, 2014 ,remed done July 10,2014, forwarded to CEM July 22,2014
Med's Done....
May 9, 2013
Passport Req..
June 25, 2014 (Sent June 26, 2014 and Representative Beronia received it June 27 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 2, 2014
charmainefrances said:
Hi there! based on my experience, I applied a TRV for my aunt and I only put $1000 for her stay. That is for 6 months. Then I applied for my mom and asked for 2 months stay and just put $1000 as well. I provided my T4, Payslips etc.

I think the KEY is a good letter of invitation, though some say that it's just secondary. Since you are applying to Manila office I would suggest a paper application than the online application. I also think that VO in Manila has more heart than in other countries. I read so many threads that people should show $10,000 for the trip and still gets denied. So just a piece of advise, make a heartwarming invitation letter cause we don't know, maybe VOs in Manila are also watching telenovelas. haha! :)

Also, do not mention that she will be taking care of your baby..that is a BIG NO NO!

Hi there, thank you so much for rhe advise..That's a big help for me..

rainshine

Mar 21, 2014
Cavite
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 9,2013
AOR Received.
December 21, 2013
File Transfer...
January 22, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May 9, 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 2, 2014
Bs65 said:
As per previous post strange as it may seem indicating someones primary purpose of visiting is to look after a baby even if the applicant happens to be the grandmother could be seen as being work so for sure do not put that as the reason for the visit. Visiting family is fine but stating looking after baby whilst parent is working not fine and should not even be mentioned to CBSA on landing. Once visa has been granted and applicant is in country then is up to you all what you do or do not do family wise just dont add complications to the application.

Thank you so much for the advise.

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
charmainefrances said:

Did they all get approved? What were your reasons for the invite?

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Yes, all APPROVED.

Reason for Visit: TOURISM

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
Lashen said:
Which country? Were they all working or older? Pls any tips. Thanks
Philippines.

My aunt was 62 years old when I applied for her in 2014. She is still working. We submitted her payslips, COE and her Tax infos. We received her passport with the VIsa after a week of submitting it to VFS Manila.

This is the letter I submitted for my mom's application. Received the passport with visa after a week as well. I hope it helps!

DATE:
VISA OFFICER
Embassy of Canada in Manila
Levels 6-8, Tower 2
RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200

Dear Visa Officer:

My name is ____________, a Permanent Resident of Canada with client ID number ______. I live with my husband _______, a Canadian and my son _________ at #________________________

I humbly ask that you accept this letter of invitation for my mother,_________, living at ___________________________. She is a retired University Professor and now receiving a monthly pension.

My mother _______, who is now 70 years old, is the one who worked so hard to provide for our family for many years. She is the one who made sure that there will be food on the table everyday. She is the one who sent not only me to school but also some of my cousins. I owe a lot from her and this trip is just one way of saying thank you for all her love, help and sacrifices.

One of my dreams for her is to travel and enjoy the beauty of Canada while she can. I want to show her the amazing places in Alberta. Places that she had only seen in postcards. I would like to take her to Jasper to see the breathtaking Athabasca Falls or experience the Columbia Icefield Glacier. It would really be awesome to take her to Banff for her to see the magnificent Lake Louise. It would also be nice if she can see the spectacular hoodoos in Drumheller. Making this possible for her through your help would really mean a lot.

My husband and I will be taking full responsibility for all the expenses such as her airfare ticket to/from Canada, accommodation (she will be staying with us), travel within Canada, food and any other necessities for the duration of her stay with us. We are aware and respect the temporary resident visa status and we offer our personal guarantee that my mother's visit to Canada will not exceed six months from the time of her arrival. Please see attached support documents for this application.

PERSONAL INFORMATION:
Complete name: ________
Contact numbers: ____________
Date of Birth: ________________
Job Title: ______________________
SPOUSE INFORMATION:
Complete name: _________________
Contact number: ________________
Date of birth:________________
Job Title: _______________________

Thank you very much and I look forward for the approval of my mother's application.
God bless you and your family.

Sincerely yours,

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
charmainefrances said:
My aunt was 62 years old when I applied for her in 2014. She is still working. We submitted her payslips, COE and her Tax infos. We received her passport with the VIsa after a week of submitting it to VFS Manila.

This is the letter I submitted for my mom's application. I hope it helps!

DATE:
VISA OFFICER
Levels 6-8, Tower 2
RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200

Dear Visa Officer:

My name is ____________, a Permanent Resident of Canada with client ID number ______. I live with my husband _______, a Canadian and my son _________ at #________________________

I humbly ask that you accept this letter of invitation for my mother,_________, living at ___________________________. She is a retired University Professor and now receiving a monthly pension.

My mother _______, who is now 70 years old, is the one who worked so hard to provide for our family for many years. She is the one who made sure that there will be food on the table everyday. She is the one who sent not only me to school but also some of my cousins. I owe a lot from her and this trip is just one way of saying thank you for all her love, help and sacrifices.

One of my dreams for her is to travel and enjoy the beauty of Canada while she can. I want to show her the amazing places in Alberta. Places that she had only seen in postcards. I would like to take her to Jasper to see the breathtaking Athabasca Falls or experience the Columbia Icefield Glacier. It would really be awesome to take her to Banff for her to see the magnificent Lake Louise. It would also be nice if she can see the spectacular hoodoos in Drumheller. Making this possible for her through your help would really mean a lot.

My husband and I will be taking full responsibility for all the expenses such as her airfare ticket to/from Canada, accommodation (she will be staying with us), travel within Canada, food and any other necessities for the duration of her stay with us. We are aware and respect the temporary resident visa status and we offer our personal guarantee that my mother's visit to Canada will not exceed six months from the time of her arrival. Please see attached support documents for this application.

PERSONAL INFORMATION:
SPOUSE INFORMATION:

Thank you very much and I look forward for the approval of my mother's application.

Sincerely yours,

rainshine

Mar 21, 2014
Cavite
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 9,2013
AOR Received.
December 21, 2013
File Transfer...
January 22, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May 9, 2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
October 2, 2014
charmainefrances said:
Philippines.

This is the letter I submitted for my mom's application. Received the passport with visa after a week as well. I hope it helps!

DATE:
VISA OFFICER
Levels 6-8, Tower 2
RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200

Dear Visa Officer:

PERSONAL INFORMATION:
SPOUSE INFORMATION:

Sincerely yours,

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
rainshine said:
Was you invitation letter notarized?
NO. Both letters I submitted for my aunt and mom were not notarized. I just signed it and that's it. :)