+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Funds available and Employment in imm5709e.

Sheikh Abdullah

Sep 30, 2018
Hello. So I recently got accepted into a University in Canada in a 4-year undergraduate program and needed to fill out my student visa extension form to extend my current student visa. I am kind of getting confused with the funds available for my stay in Canada section. There were a lot of threads about this on the forums but I am still a bit confused about this. Basically, my annual tuition will be 17,300 CAD and the University accommodation fees are estimated to be around 11,000 CAD. So by that logic, would I need to show 17,300 + 11,000 CAD under the funds available section?

The second question I had was about the employment section on the same form. I have not been employed at any company or anything in the last 10 years but I saw online on a lot of places that you need to include your academic history in there as well? For example what high school you were at and for how long. I was not sure about this so wanted to confirm this as well.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello. So I recently got accepted into a University in Canada in a 4-year undergraduate program and needed to fill out my student visa extension form to extend my current student visa. I am kind of getting confused with the funds available for my stay in Canada section. There were a lot of threads about this on the forums but I am still a bit confused about this. Basically, my annual tuition will be 17,300 CAD and the University accommodation fees are estimated to be around 11,000 CAD. So by that logic, would I need to show 17,300 + 11,000 CAD under the funds available section?

The second question I had was about the employment section on the same form. I have not been employed at any company or anything in the last 10 years but I saw online on a lot of places that you need to include your academic history in there as well? For example what high school you were at and for how long. I was not sure about this so wanted to confirm this as well.
First question, that is correct you need to show proof of tuition paid and housing fees. that will be 17,300+11,000 plus minimum fund required to support yourself, 10,000 for (You), thats make a total of 17,300+11,000+10,000.

Second question: This requirement can be expanded to include any activities beyond employment, if you were not employed but engaged in other activities like studies, then specify "student", mention School under employer and provide any additional detail and time frame as per the table. Make sure you do not miss any period within. If you were not studying, nor employed write "unemployed", Home etc. Hope this clarify

below is the link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html#doc3

Sheikh Abdullah

Sep 30, 2018
First question, that is correct you need to show proof of tuition paid and housing fees. that will be 17,300+11,000 plus minimum fund required to support yourself, 10,000 for (You), thats make a total of 17,300+11,000+10,000.

Second question: This requirement can be expanded to include any activities beyond employment, if you were not employed but engaged in other activities like studies, then specify "student", mention School under employer and provide any additional detail and time frame as per the table. Make sure you do not miss any period within. If you were not studying, nor employed write "unemployed", Home etc. Hope this clarify

below is the link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html#doc3
Hello, alright thanks for the info that helps a lot. Another quick question though, would the living cost (11,000) not count as the fund required to support me? So you mentioned that as 10,000 additional CAD but doesn't the living cost mean the same thing?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello, alright thanks for the info that helps a lot. Another quick question though, would the living cost (11,000) not count as the fund required to support me? So you mentioned that as 10,000 additional CAD but doesn't the living cost mean the same thing?
No. Its not the same thing. living expenses is fixed estimate amount while housing can vary from place to place

anushav

Jul 27, 2023

below is the link

Hi, I did a mistake while entering this amount, rather than entering the total I entered the ampunt separately, in funds available to stay column I just entered the amount that is available in my bank account. I submitted the application for study visa extension within Canada. Will my visa gets refused for this, I am really worried