+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fund Transfer - Gift Deed

jj_1990

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hi All,

I am planning to show a gift deed from my father as Proof of Funds. In this case, is it okay to have the amount transferred to my account after receiving ITA, or does it have to be done before submitting my Express Entry profile?

Thanks in Advance!

FAIZAFAISAL

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
You can receive the amount from your dad after ITA also but you have to put the amount as fixed deposit in your account itself. Then you need to tell your dad to make a gift deed and affidavit saying that he has gifted the amount as there has been fluctuations in the exchange value.
Hope this helps:)

jj_1990

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
You can receive the amount from your dad after ITA also but you have to put the amount as fixed deposit in your account itself. Then you need to tell your dad to make a gift deed and affidavit saying that he has gifted the amount as there has been fluctuations in the exchange value.
Hope this helps:)
Thank you so much for the reply!

Just to clarify, is it mandatory to put the amount as fixed deposit?

FAIZAFAISAL

Oct 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
Thank you so much for the reply!

Just to clarify, is it mandatory to put the amount as fixed deposit?
I think it would be a better option if you put in FD because then you need not show that the amount has been stable in your current or savings account for 6 months.

Buraira

May 3, 2017
I think it would be a better option if you put in FD because then you need not show that the amount has been stable in your current or savings account for 6 months.

Dear Faiza,

I have the following queries on Proof of Funds and would be grateful, if I can get your expert advice on this:

1. Should the gift deed be made before or after receiving ITA.

2. When should be the funds transferred as a gift from my father, after making the gift deed or before making the gift deed? My father had already transferred the funds in August.

3. Do I need to show the bank statement of this account?
If yes, then how much old months statement do we require in case of Gift deed.