+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

fund declaration

Cbsuthar

Jun 13, 2012
hi - We are planning to apply under skilled worker where my wife is a primary applicant.
We have FD -fixed deposit which created very recently, before 1 week on my name for july 2012 quota.

Is that ok (i.e FD on my name ,and recent FD ) to show it in application?

please advice.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Sounds fine. The money can be in either name as long as you are accompanying your wife. Near the end of the application process they can ask for proof of funds in the form of a number of months of bank statements. The money must be yours and not borrowed. A Fixed Deposit opened now will be a good place to "keep the money" as long as it can be cashed before leaving for Canada and keep documentation to show where the money came from to put into the FD, just in case you are asked. It will be interesting to see what happens with FSW this July. I have just read PMM's posting from The Vancouver Province which states there could be a temporary hold FSW applications. We might hear something tomorrow. Cross your fingers and good luck.

Cbsuthar

Jun 13, 2012
Pippin said:
Sounds fine. The money can be in either name as long as you are accompanying your wife. Near the end of the application process they can ask for proof of funds in the form of a number of months of bank statements. The money must be yours and not borrowed. A Fixed Deposit opened now will be a good place to "keep the money" as long as it can be cashed before leaving for Canada and keep documentation to show where the money came from to put into the FD, just in case you are asked. It will be interesting to see what happens with FSW this July. I have just read PMM's posting from The Vancouver Province which states there could be a temporary hold FSW applications. We might hear something tomorrow. Cross your fingers and good luck.
Thanks for clarification - its really helps :D

Cbsuthar

Jun 13, 2012
Could you please share website link or URL where I can check Latest status on the FSW news apart from cic.gc.ca ? (i.e hold and any announcements )

RAKESH415

Jun 23, 2012
HI ALL
PLEASE CAN ANYBODY TELL ME ABOUT POF . CAN I SHOW PROPERTY EVALUATION AS POF. I MEET ONE OF CANADA IMMIGRATION CONSULTANT AND HE SAID TO HAVE CASH IN THE BANK OF FD NOT THE PROPERTY EVALUATION . PLEASE HELP ME . THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.