+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fully vaccinated quarantine exemptions

student390

Nov 10, 2020
Hi all,

I'm an international student who is a fully vaccinated with all the necessary proof. I'm traveling to Canada next month where I will first land in Toronto and from there, take a connecting flight to Nova Scotia.

I believe that I'm exempt from quarantining but I also read that I need to provide proof of a quarantine plan incase a border officer decides that I'm ineligible even after submitting details on ArriveCAN. My question is do I also need to book the 3 day government hotel in Toronto even though my layover is only about 4 hours there? I have a 14 day quarantine plan ready for when I arrive in NS incase it's necessary but nothing in Toronto. If I book the hotel, I will also have to change my connecting flight which is a hassle and totally nerve-racking.

I also understand that I'm going to have to do an arrival covid test but where should I wait for the results? Does it come out instantly or can I get them when I arrive in Nova Scotia?

Has anyone gone through or heard of the same situation? Please provide any advice if possible as I'm finding the information a little vague on their website.

Thanks

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
This is causing a lot of confusion, but already answered in the forum. Regrdless of a connecting flight or not, if fully vaccinated you do not need to book the 3-day quarantine hotel. As far as the covid test at the airport, again there is no quarantine requirement whilst you wait for the result, it will be delivered by email within 24hours. Therefore, there is no need to change your connecting flight.

inkpot

Star Member
May 22, 2019
This is causing a lot of confusion, but already answered in the forum. Regrdless of a connecting flight or not, if fully vaccinated you do not need to book the 3-day quarantine hotel. As far as the covid test at the airport, again there is no quarantine requirement whilst you wait for the result, it will be delivered by email within 24hours. Therefore, there is no need to change your connecting flight.
I am still confused about what should be written in the quarantine plan (I'm fully vaccinated). My relatives have a house in Brampton. Can I describe that in the quarantine plan or does it have to be a hotel?

maricelpba

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
May I know if the 14-day quarantine, if required, should be in the port of entry or in your province of destination?

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020
Yes you can, but on Arrivecan it will ask for information about the requirements of the property, for example, there is no elderly or health workers etc, as long as you can satisfy those criteria then it should be no problem. You could also book a hotel for 1-2 days until your covid test result arrives. Remember they require a quarantine PLAN, not booked accommodation.

Reactions: inkpot

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am still confused about what should be written in the quarantine plan (I'm fully vaccinated). My relatives have a house in Brampton. Can I describe that in the quarantine plan or does it have to be a hotel?
If they have a basement with a bathroom you can use and isolate there that would be a proper quarantine plan.

Reactions: inkpot