+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full Tuition fee as Proof of fund

alkali

Dec 16, 2020
Hello everyone, I have recently received my letter of admission from a Canadian college, so I will be applying for a study permit.
I have paid my full tuition fee for the 1st year (it's a 3-year program) and housing fees for 1 year at the college residence.
On my newly created bank account, I deposited 60,000 CAD at four different periods in the same month.
the funds come from the 3 Bitcoin I bought in March 2020 when Bitcoin was worth about 4900usd.
I sold half recently when Bitcoin was around 19600usd .
So:
1- how can I prove to the immigration officer this large amount of money in my newly opened account?
2- Is this explanation enough to prove that the money belongs to me?
3- can the payment of the full year's tuition and accommodation fees be used as proof of funds without a bank statement? Or do I have to present both?
Thank you in advance for your responses

Last edited:

jackie9493

Jul 27, 2019
Hello everyone, I have recently received my letter of admission from a Canadian college, so I will be applying for a study permit.
I have paid my full tuition fee for the 1st year (it's a 3-year program) and housing fees for 1 year at the college residence.
On my newly created bank account, I deposited 60,000 CAD at four different periods in the same month.
the funds come from the 3 Bitcoin I bought in March 2020 when Bitcoin was worth about 4900usd.
I sold half recently when Bitcoin was around 19600usd .
So:
1- how can I prove to the immigration officer this large amount of money in my newly opened account?
2- Is this explanation enough to prove that the money belongs to me?
3- can the payment of the full year's tuition and accommodation fees be used as proof of funds without a bank statement? Or do I have to present both?
Thank you in advance for your responses
For question 3, you have to provide both bank statement and tuition & accommodation fees, it is much better to strengthen your case with these. For the other questions, I don't think opening a new account and depositing money in one month would help you, it will look suspicious that you borrowed the money from someone. Try to provide an older bank account with at least 6 months of statement that has back and forth deposits.

alkali

Dec 16, 2020
For question 3, you have to provide both bank statement and tuition & accommodation fees, it is much better to strengthen your case with these. For the other questions, I don't think opening a new account and depositing money in one month would help you, it will look suspicious that you borrowed the money from someone. Try to provide an older bank account with at least 6 months of statement that has back and forth deposits.
ok thank you for your response