+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time work for full time PR student

amir_kabir

Sep 14, 2018
Hello,

I'm just curious if a PR student may work full-time and study at the same time. I've heard that if a student receives a provincial loan, their employment hours will be limited to 20 hours a week.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If you are a PR, you can work whatever hours you want and can handle.
For any provincial loan, check with the specific insitute that you plan to obtain the loan. I dont' think it's a blanket requirement. It's likely specific to the loan that you are getting. They may want to make sure that you are using the loan to help your study full time. Or may be it's a special loan for people with limited income and a full time job may exeed the income requirement. (I am guessing here because you didn't give any specific on what "provincial loan" you are referring to.)

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Some loans have requirements to limit work hours to try to ensure the student has enough hours to study and passes the courses. The lender wants to ensure they get repaid and if you are working full-time without enough time to study there are higher chances of failing and either abandoning school or repeating classes and requiring more funds.