+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time student want to sponsor wife????

vbsask1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Hello everyone,
i am starting the process to sponsor my wife but before start i have some doubts in my mind which i want to clarify or if some one is in same situation as mine.
I am full time student last year and this year also and didnt make much money as i worked every less last year and this year due to regular university classes. I was not on any social assistance and neither did i declared any bankruptcy.
My question is will it be alright if i sponsor my wife and still be student working part time or do i need to quit school work full time for some months and then apply for her sponsorship :-\ :-\ :-\
Please if any one out there have any idea please let me know.
Thanks

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can sponsor your wife without quitting the school.
But if she is going to stay in Canada (either inland/outland), you might wanna explain how you are going to support her.
- your parents would help you and your wife financially or she would have some saving so she will manage to support you and herself in Canada etc.
also your plan after your school how you and your wife would live after PR etc.

FYI: if you would apply for inland, she can apply for open work permit, still you would need to explain how you would financially support her till she get her OWP etc.

binny1985

Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for your reply it cleared my whole doubt but she is not in canada right now so how can i apply for her OWP ?? as per my understanding your spouse need to be in canada to be eligible for OWP please clarify if i am wrong and once again thanks :) :) :)

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
binny1985 said:
Thanks for your reply it cleared my whole doubt but she is not in canada right now so how can i apply for her OWP ?? as per my understanding your spouse need to be in canada to be eligible for OWP please clarify if i am wrong and once again thanks :) :) :)
If she is not in Canada, you cannot apply inland and get the OWP. You can only apply outland, but outland is generally recommended because of the faster processing times. Is she going to come to Canada while the application processes, or will she remain in her own country until she is granted PR?

binny1985

Apr 29, 2015
hi KelseyTVS
Thats right i am going for outland application cuz its the only option i have as you said. right now there is no such plans to apply for visitor visa for my wife as i read on many posts that chances of refusal are way much higher so i guess i will skip that and wait for Whole PR process as for now

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KelseyTVS is right.

not sure where your spouse is from, so you should find out where her visa office would be if she would apply for outland.
normally, outland is much faster so everyone in the forum would recommend it.

just clarify for you.

pro and cons

Inland:eek:wp (can work in canada, but might be expired before get PR )
cannot/better not leave Canada ( should look it up for more details)
long processing time.

Outland: can wait in/outside Canada, cannot work /study (without proper permit)
shorter processing time than inland app.

hope it helps

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If she is going to wait outside of Canada then your application should be pretty straightforward. All you have to do is apply outland and wait! The application will be sent to the New Delhi Visa Office, and from what I know, they've been processing applications pretty quickly (though you should check the New Delhi thread to confirm wait times). Good luck!

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Hey,

Straight forward New Delhi applications are taking an avg 8-9 months from the time it reached them (AOR2) and some taking the full 17 months, which is still faster than an inland application.

surajabe

Aug 6, 2012
Hi,

I am in the same position as vbsask.

I am also a full-time student for this year and I wanted to sponsor my spouse.I haven't made much earnings.

Can anyone advise me too.