+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time student , Extended Stay Refused

obiwankenobi

Sep 8, 2017
hello, i have a question, a friend who has been living in Canada for 3 years now as a visitor , got his stay resufed this time,( he used to send his documents every 6 months to extend his stay), im gonna be a full time student in june, is there a way he can stay longer? if we "marry" or become couple/fiance, can he stay longer or get a work permit that allows him to work or stay longer?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello, i have a question, a friend who has been living in Canada for 3 years now as a visitor , got his stay resufed this time,( he used to send his documents every 6 months to extend his stay), im gonna be a full time student in june, is there a way he can stay longer? if we "marry" or become couple/fiance, can he stay longer or get a work permit that allows him to work or stay longer?
You mean, can he stay if you commit immigration fraud?

This forum is not the place to ask how to get away with fraud.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
but im not even canadian, how can he obtain that status
I would think CIC will still refuse your friend's Visa application regardless whether he's married or not. Evidence has shown that he will do anything to remain in Canada which violates the intentions of a visiting Visa. So him getting married will definitely raise some questions from CIC which you will have to provide answers and proof of documents too.

obiwankenobi

Sep 8, 2017
I would think CIC will still refuse your friend's Visa application regardless whether he's married or not. Evidence has shown that he will do anything to remain in Canada which violates the intentions of a visiting Visa. So him getting married will definitely raise some questions from CIC which you will have to provide answers and proof of documents too.
but he hasnt work in all that time , he just live with his uncle and aunt, but well, i get your point, so, even if i live alone and my parents support me from other country , when my ETa( or visa ) expires, i cant renew it ? i have to leave country, renew it and entry again to canada?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
but he hasnt work in all that time , he just live with his uncle and aunt, but well, i get your point, so, even if i live alone and my parents support me from other country , when my ETa( or visa ) expires, i cant renew it ? i have to leave country, renew it and entry again to canada?
You cannot renew a Visiting Visa. You will have to apply a new Visa which CIC will consider whether approving it based on financial and home ties and travel history. If you asking about the validity of stay for a multiple entry Visa which is 6 months usually, CBSA officers will decide how long you can stay based on the history of traveling to Canada and how long did you stay in Canada.

Anmol Kohar

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
U
you cannot marry anyone in ur study permit