+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

full time job

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Hi guys,

I have submitted my thesis last month. The defense is not scheduled yet.
I have job offer where the contract will start before the defense.

i don't have any remaining work and I completed all the requirements except the defense.
can I sign the contract and is a letter from my supervisor enough to give it as proof to the employer that I can work as a full time.

Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Not sure what you're asking. Do you have the right to work in Canada? (PGWP?) Or are you applying for one of the Express Entry programs?

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
Not sure what you're asking. Do you have the right to work in Canada? (PGWP?) Or are you applying for one of the Express Entry programs?
No I am a full time student. My study permit is still valid. However, due to Christmas holiday, my defense will be January

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
No I am a full time student. My study permit is still valid. However, due to Christmas holiday, my defense will be January
If you are a full time student, then you don't yet have the right to work full time. You can work 20 hours a week. You only get to work full time after you have applied for a PGWP - which can only happen after you've graduated/completed all the requirements of your degree.

Just wait a few weeks. If you start working full time before you apply for a PGWP, you will be working illegally.

Reactions: Taweda

Taweda

Nov 25, 2016
If you are a full time student, then you don't yet have the right to work full time. You can work 20 hours a week. You only get to work full time after you have applied for a PGWP - which can only happen after you've graduated/completed all the requirements of your degree.

Just wait a few weeks. If you start working full time before you apply for a PGWP, you will be working illegally.
Thanks. Hope the job will be still available