+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Full time job for one year with same employer then job converted to part time due to coronavirus

jagdeep22

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
My friend had Full time job for one year with same employer then job converted to part time due to coronavirus. Now applying for express entry should I mention current employer in work experience and what should I mention in average hours as It was 40 during one year and changed to 20 during COVID.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
I imagine that your current employment is the basis for your Express Entry eligibility. If you completed a full year of full time employment so you could the start and end dates of that year (once you get to 52 weeks and at least 30 hours/week). If you need your current part-time employment to qualify for your year you have to mention it. If you have to enter average number of hours somewhere . . . calculate the average number of hours.

jagdeep22

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
I imagine that your current employment is the basis for your Express Entry eligibility. If you completed a full year of full time employment so you could the start and end dates of that year (once you get to 52 weeks and at least 30 hours/week). If you need your current part-time employment to qualify for your year you have to mention it. If you have to enter average number of hours somewhere . . . calculate the average number of hours.
thanks for the help but still confused as Part time experience doesn’t require to qualify 52 weeks and 30 hours per week. So should I make two jobs In profile or one job and mention everything on job letter. Moreover, should I attach full time pay stubs Only or part time too. Thanks in advance