+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

full name not written on passport counterfoil

sam9666

Aug 1, 2021
I have an unusual long name on my passport ,its 7 words long, so i got my passport back and copr yesterday , on my copr my full name is written but on my passport counterfoil there are only first 5 words are written and also the last letter of 5th name is missing(i think they just didn't had enough space on the counterfoil sticker)
should i raise a webform inquiring about this or it is totally fine and normal and i amjust overworrying about it?

for eg if My full name on passport is Ali Ahmed omar awais Abdullah mirza adil, the name on the counterfoil visa sticker is "Ali Ahmed omar awais Abdulla"

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have an unusual long name on my passport ,its 7 words long, so i got my passport back and copr yesterday , on my copr my full name is written but on my passport counterfoil there are only first 5 words are written and also the last letter of 5th name is missing(i think they just didn't had enough space on the counterfoil sticker)
should i raise a webform inquiring about this or it is totally fine and normal and i amjust overworrying about it?

for eg if My full name on passport is Ali Ahmed omar awais Abdullah mirza adil, the name on the counterfoil visa sticker is "Ali Ahmed omar awais Abdulla"
For the worldwide standards for passports and visas there is a limit on number of characters, the machine reading machines aren't programmed for it.

Up to you what to do but is probably normal.