+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FTA Countries can Apply for Business Visa?

rdmedranoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Hello Dear Friends,

I am from Honduras and I will like to immigrate to Canada with my family ( Wife, 6 year old boy and 3 year old girl), I have been searching and reading which is the best way to follow a immigration process.

Some time ago, a lawyer told me that it was possible to immigrate to Canada if my country has a FTA with Canada, and that the amount to invest was not that high as other investment programs, and that I will be able to start the process if I invest CAD$ 60,000 approx.

Is that true? Is that possible to immigrate taking advantage of the Free Trade Agreement? I will rather prefer to run a business in Canada than get a Job.

By the way, I hire a lawyers firm that will help me get a job offer so I can get into Canada through a Work Permit, nevertheless, its taking a little bit long and I know it is not an easy task to get a job offer from a Canadian employer.

This is one of my options, the other one is through study option, but I will be posting my inquiry in the correct section

Thank you in advance for any comments or advices

Regards,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The Free Trade Agreement itself doesn't allow you to immigrate. If you want to immigrate, you have to apply through one of Canada's immigration programs which are outlined here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

If you want to immigrate through starting a business in Canada, look into the Start Up Visa immigration program.

rdmedranoo

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
scylla said:
The Free Trade Agreement itself doesn't allow you to immigrate. If you want to immigrate, you have to apply through one of Canada's immigration programs which are outlined here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

If you want to immigrate through starting a business in Canada, look into the Start Up Visa immigration program.
Thank you scylla for your answer, I can see it is no that easy to start up a business in Canada, is there any other way that doesn't involves investing $400,000??

Regards,

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Look at the provincial entrepreneur programs. Requirements are usually lower than the federal program.

Max Metrault

Nov 12, 2021
My employer made a non LMIA job offer under an FTA, paid the compliance fee, but has had no reply or confirmation. Do you whom she should contact? Global Affairsd? Immigration?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My employer made a non LMIA job offer under an FTA, paid the compliance fee, but has had no reply or confirmation. Do you whom she should contact? Global Affairsd? Immigration?
Under what FTA and NOC? Paying the compliance fee allows for the review of whether the offer is genuine and meets wage standards etc. Your employer would have have contact info through IRCC.

Max Metrault

Nov 12, 2021
Yes, she should have, but there is actually no information there. It's vanished.
So what I need to know is, which is the responsible department/unit and how do I reach them to ask about the problem?