+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSWP-Selection Factor Points explanation

vigneshmd

Sep 25, 2019
I am trying to create Express Entry profile, but its found ineligible because i do not have 67 points out of 100.

I have two questions here:
1. I have 3 years and 6 months of foreign work experience. how many points do i get here out of 15 points for work experience?
i could not see a point assigned for 3-4 yrs experience. how much will my points be here?
2. I have a 4 year bachelor degree(ECA by WES- done) and 1 year post graduate diploma in Canada. how many points will i get out of 25 points for education?
4 year bachelors has 21 points and 1 year diploma has 15 points. but i have done both, is there an option which covers both of this?

Thanks in advance

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I am trying to create Express Entry profile, but its found ineligible because i do not have 67 points out of 100.

1. I have 3 years and 6 months of foreign work experience. how many points do i get here out of 15 points for work experience?
i could not see a point assigned for 3-4 yrs experience. how much will my points be here?
2. I have a 4 year bachelor degree(ECA by WES- done) and 1 year post graduate diploma in Canada. how many points will i get out of 25 points for education?
4 year bachelors has 21 points and 1 year diploma has 15 points. but i have done both, is there an option which covers both of this?

Thanks in advance
Why not use the eligibility tool to see how many points you will get?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Reactions: vigneshmd

eiden03

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019

Thanks in advance
1) 11 points.
2) 22 points.

If you scored CLB 9 in the language exam and you are not in your late 30s, you should be eligible.

CLB 9 (24 points) + two diplomas (22 points) + work experience (11 points) + age, if 35 or younger (12 points) = 69 points.

Did you fail to get CLB 9?

vigneshmd

Sep 25, 2019
1) 11 points.
2) 22 points.

If you scored CLB 9 in the language exam and you are not in your late 30s, you should be eligible.

CLB 9 (24 points) + two diplomas (22 points) + work experience (11 points) + age, if 35 or younger (12 points) = 69 points.

Did you fail to get CLB 9?
Thanks for the response.
So even if i had 3 years and 11 months, will get 11 points or 13 points?

I am under 35, and i dont have CLB 9. i just assumed i might get 12 points for work experience. But its weird that they dont have points assigned for 3-4 yrs.
so if i had 12 or 13 points for work exp and 22 points for education, i should have 67 points. thats what i am trying to find out

eiden03

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Thanks for the response.
So even if i had 3 years and 11 months, will get 11 points or 13 points?

I am under 35, and i dont have CLB 9. i just assumed i might get 12 points for work experience. But its weird that they dont have points assigned for 3-4 yrs.
so if i had 12 or 13 points for work exp and 22 points for education, i should have 67 points. thats what i am trying to find out
No, still only 11 points. There is no points increase until you hit 4 years. Still, you are not far off from 4 years, so I would say just keep trying to get CLB 9 in the next 6 months; and even if you don't, in half a year you will be eligible.

Nevertheless, unless you plan to go with a nomination, it would be impossible to get an ITA without CLB 9, as your score would be too low. So, I'd still recommend you focus your all on this task.

vigneshmd

Sep 25, 2019
No, still only 11 points. There is no points increase until you hit 4 years. Still, you are not far off from 4 years, so I would say just keep trying to get CLB 9 in the next 6 months; and even if you don't, in half a year you will be eligible.

Nevertheless, unless you plan to go with a nomination, it would be impossible to get an ITA without CLB 9, as your score would be too low. So, I'd still recommend you focus your all on this task.
thanks for understanding my issue. you are exactly right, i would have good crs if i get CLB 9.
so do you mean that i can add foreign work exp(3 years 6 months) + canada work exp (when i get to 6 months) to get points for 4 years?
should it not be in a single job? i mean i am working in a similar role here (NOC is same for both the jobs) .

eiden03

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
thanks for understanding my issue. you are exactly right, i would have good crs if i get CLB 9.
so do you mean that i can add foreign work exp(3 years 6 months) + canada work exp (when i get to 6 months) to get points for 4 years?
should it not be in a single job? i mean i am working in a similar role here (NOC is same for both the jobs) .
oh, I thought you were still working at the same company for 3+ years. Well, for FSW eligibility purposes, I'm not 100% sure if it's ought to be in the same job and/or company, but it definitely gotta be continuous and in your primary NOC, otherwise it doesn't count.

So, if your job in Canada is in a different NOC or there was a break between your previous job and that one, then I believe it doesn't count, but I'm going a bit out of my area of expertise here. Don't take my word for it.

Still, since you need CLB 9 for CRS purposes anyways, focus on that and that'll take care of your 67 points as well. Worst case scenario you complete 1 year canadian work experience and go for CEC.