Sent with app
File Transfer...
Fairness Letter: 25-April-2016
Med's Request
Fairness Letter Responded: 16-May-2016
Med's Done....
Refusal Letter Received: 07-July-2016
Hi Everybody,

i am little confused with the NOC 0015 Senior managers – trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c. first I don't know what "other services" means, as I can't seems to find a reference to it.

Now my job responsibilities are pretty much same to what 0015 describes but my title is "Senior Manager" for editorial department within an organization that deals with Online and Print publication of science journals. Now I know that Publishing managers are classified under 0512 but its not in current 50 list.

Can someone please comment on if I can apply under 0015.

JOB DESCRIPTION –SENIOR MANAGER

DEPARTMENT: Editorial Director

REPORTS TO: Higher Management

Purpose: The position will provide leadership and direction and coordinate/manage/monitor all activities of the department in accordance with the goals and objectives of the organization to safeguard and grow the assets of the organization for future generations while providing sound returns to the owners.

JOB DUTIES:
v Develop a strategic plan to advance the department's mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization.
v To guide the business into the future with planned growth ensuring that all stated objectives, aims and targets are met and lead to the overall Company Goal.

v Ensuring that the publications that are being made meet the standard of International market in term of good quality science.

v Set schedules for deadlines that assure publications will be issued on time and convey these schedules to the top management.
v Make final decisions about what material to include or not include in publications.

v Evaluate the performance of staff.

v Present company report at Board meetings of the managing partners.

v Be aware about all the currently working system procedures and related formats of the organization.
v Conduct training sessions or awareness sessions for newly hired and existing staff (where necessary).
v Make contingency plans, work plan of departmental objective.
v Initial assessment of potential candidates for the various vacancies and shortlist them for final appointment by the higher management.

v Edit various company policies as well as web content.

v Generate weekly, monthly and annual reports reflecting the efficiency of staff on monthly and weekly basis.

v Prepare press release and conference reports at the end of conference (s).