+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSWP - 2013 - Financial & Investment Analysts - connect here

smileycoral

Jul 2, 2013
Hello everyone!

I am new to the board. I am a financial analyst having 9 years experience. I am in the process of getting educational certificates certified from Mumbai University where I have completed my B.Com. However, unitiverysity is declining to sign the WES form. However, it says it can sign and certify B.Com certificate and Marksheet. In such a situation, how to go about it. 1st & 2nd year B.com mark sheets and certificates alongwith WES form is already signed by affiliated college.. Do I need to get WES form signed even for 3rd Year B.com.. Please suggest the way out?

Regards

sri5529

Sep 3, 2012
Hi,
Don't bother about signing on WES form by university. But pls. ensure that they sign on all the transcripts of your mark sheets & certificates & ask them to put in a sealed envolope and they need to sign & stamp on it. That will suffice. Signing by College wont serve the purpose. It needs to be signed by University (mostly controller of exams or Registrar will do) only.

Hope this gives clarity. Good luck.

smileycoral said:
Hello everyone!

I am new to the board. I am a financial analyst having 9 years experience. I am in the process of getting educational certificates certified from Mumbai University where I have completed my B.Com. However, unitiverysity is declining to sign the WES form. However, it says it can sign and certify B.Com certificate and Marksheet. In such a situation, how to go about it. 1st & 2nd year B.com mark sheets and certificates alongwith WES form is already signed by affiliated college.. Do I need to get WES form signed even for 3rd Year B.com.. Please suggest the way out?

Regards

tiger88

Jul 10, 2013
coolguy2010 said:
I have never heard about education linked to work experience

You Bachelors in economics and ACCA will be sufficient
I have a Bachelor in Economics and Finance and an MBA. Also one year full time, paid internship doing financial analyisis on a Bank. Does an internship counts as job experience?

In case I get the Visa, am I restricted just to work on the Financial & Investment sector or can I apply for a sales position for example?

The second option of applying for a Visa, is having an arrenged job, so on the application process of the companies always ask if you have a Visa. Do you know if they check that by asking you for a photocopy of the visa or any visa number?

Thanks a lot.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Yes, internship is considered in work experience.
After getting visa, u can do any job for survival. It is not resricted to visa profession

tiger88 said:
I have a Bachelor in Economics and Finance and an MBA. Also one year full time, paid internship doing financial analyisis on a Bank. Does an internship counts as job experience?

In case I get the Visa, am I restricted just to work on the Financial & Investment sector or can I apply for a sales position for example?

The second option of applying for a Visa, is having an arrenged job, so on the application process of the companies always ask if you have a Visa. Do you know if they check that by asking you for a photocopy of the visa or any visa number?

Thanks a lot.

tiger88

Jul 10, 2013
coolguy2010 said:
Yes, internship is considered in work experience.
After getting visa, u can do any job for survival. It is not resricted to visa profession
Thanks for the answer Coolguy! Im going to apply for the visa then under Financial & Investment Analysts elegilibility then.

Regarding the points system, as the maximum I can get in my case is 68 points (if I do well on the English and French tests) it would be very interesting to have and arranged employment so I get 10 extra points and much higher chances of geting the Visa. So what do you think if I apply now to jobs and select I have a Visa on the companies applying processes?. If the company asks for any proof of it I can say that is being processed so it will take a couple of months and in those months as I will have 10 more points I will have a 99% of receiving it. My question then is if you know if companies normally require of a proof of Visa before the company signs any contract or after.

Regards,

Alberto

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Without visa, its not possible. Even people who have PR visa and planning to land in future are looking for jobs.

Main point here is that u need to be available in Canada with canada mobile and SIN card.

If u know any company who can process ur visa thru LMO (earlier AEO), then possible. That also u need to wait nearly 6 to 8 months. Will company be waiting for so much time that's the other question.

NOC 1112 is in high demand and CAP can filled anytime.

tiger88 said:
Thanks for the answer Coolguy! Im going to apply for the visa then under Financial & Investment Analysts elegilibility then.

Regarding the points system, as the maximum I can get in my case is 68 points (if I do well on the English and French tests) it would be very interesting to have and arranged employment so I get 10 extra points and much higher chances of geting the Visa. So what do you think if I apply now to jobs and select I have a Visa on the companies applying processes?. If the company asks for any proof of it I can say that is being processed so it will take a couple of months and in those months as I will have 10 more points I will have a 99% of receiving it. My question then is if you know if companies normally require of a proof of Visa before the company signs any contract or after.

Regards,

Alberto

tiger88

Jul 10, 2013
coolguy2010 said:
Without visa, its not possible. Even people who have PR visa and planning to land in future are looking for jobs.

Main point here is that u need to be available in Canada with canada mobile and SIN card.

If u know any company who can process ur visa thru LMO (earlier AEO), then possible. That also u need to wait nearly 6 to 8 months. Will company be waiting for so much time that's the other question.

NOC 1112 is in high demand and CAP can filled anytime.
As I dont have any contact, I will apply through the eligibility job. As NOC 1112 is in high demand is there more chances to getting a Visa if I apply on a specific date? Like on the first weeks for the next year period.

I have the Cambridge Advanced exam, dont they convalidate for the IELTS? Same with DELFT in French.

In case I have a contract with a company from Quebec but once im in Canada I find a better job, do I have any restriction on the Visa where it says I have to work for that company or im free to work anywhere in Canada?

What is the total estimated cost for applying for the visa? With two idiom tests and one education convalidation certificate.

Thanks a lot!

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
If u r planning to apply, then keep ready ur IELTS and education credential assessment with CIC listed agents such WES,ICA,etc. There will be NOC list next year and NOC 1112 can be continued or not

If u r on work permit visa, u need to work with specific company. If u r in quebec, u cannot work in Toronto or other provincial. Quebec has different requirements. If u have FSW category visa, u can work anywhere except quebec.

IELTS is mandatory and there is no substitute for that.

For applying thru FSW, it will cost 550CA$ per person as application fees.

tiger88 said:
As I dont have any contact, I will apply through the eligibility job. As NOC 1112 is in high demand is there more chances to getting a Visa if I apply on a specific date? Like on the first weeks for the next year period.

I have the Cambridge Advanced exam, dont they convalidate for the IELTS? Same with DELFT in French.

In case I have a contract with a company from Quebec but once im in Canada I find a better job, do I have any restriction on the Visa where it says I have to work for that company or im free to work anywhere in Canada?

What is the total estimated cost for applying for the visa? With two idiom tests and one education convalidation certificate.

Thanks a lot!

tiger88

Jul 10, 2013
I read that they only give around 300 visas for every elegibility position, so 5.000 total a year. Is there any way to know if they are already filled out?

In case I sent my Visa package and those 300 Visas are already given, will they keep my application request for next year in case the same elegibility stays?

Last question, which Designated organizations for Educational Credential Assessments work the best? WES, ICA or CES? I habe an MBA ,I graduated three months ago and my univeristy takes two years in giving me the official title, but i read they want the original one plus a translation of it any suggestions?? With my records signed and a graduation verification form signed by my university is enough?

Thanks a lot!

brijesh0008

Jun 28, 2013
Pripan said:
It is not just designation it is important to have your educational qualification, You need to have
-A bachelor's degree in commerce, business administration or economics
and
On-the-job training and industry courses and programs are usually required.

-A master's degree in business administration
(MBA) (concentration in finance) or in finance may be required

-The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, available through a program conducted by the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts in the United States, may be required by some employers.

If you have any of the above and can adjust your job description you can make it
Hi
I am bachelor. I have four yr experience as finance anslyst. Is it compulsory to have on the job training or course related it? Plz reply .

shealvi

Jul 22, 2011
Hi LIBYMIGUEL,

I got my degree of BS Accountancy 8 years ago but dont have the license. Have you already submitted your educational credentials for assessment yet (ECA)? If so, can you share to me the process, I am planning to submit our application first week of January 2014 since I believe ECA takes about 2-3 months right. Please advsie.

By the way, currently, I'm a Financial Data Analyst for two years now, you think I'm qualified under the FSW program?

libymiguel said:
thanks gwynemalazarte! sure, no problem. :)

well, still hoping for the best. better take my chances now than to regret in the end.

wishing us both a goodluck! whew!

shealvi

Jul 22, 2011
@LIBYMIGUEL

I saw your name in the timeline (google docs) your ECA equivalence is 'diploma 2 years', does that mean you are still qualified to apply under the FSW program, please advise.

Thanks.

tiger88

Jul 10, 2013
Thanks again Coolguy. I read that they only give around 300 visas for every elegibility position, so 5.000 total a year. Is there any way to know if they are already filled out?

In case I sent my Visa package and those 300 Visas are already given, will they keep my application request for next year in case the same elegibility stays?

Last question, which Designated organizations for Educational Credential Assessments work the best? WES, ICA or CES? I habe an MBA ,I graduated three months ago and my univeristy takes two years in giving me the official title, but i read they want the original one plus a translation of it any suggestions?? With my records signed and a graduation verification form signed by my university is enough?

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
The below link shows number of application received by CIC (seems not updated on website)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

They will return your application once the limit is reached. It will not carry forward to next year. Next year u need to apply again.

For education assessment, WES is selected by many people

tiger88 said:
Thanks again Coolguy. I read that they only give around 300 visas for every elegibility position, so 5.000 total a year. Is there any way to know if they are already filled out?