+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
That was cold, even though I agree with you dip after masters don't look good in 99% of the case.
Didn't mean to be cold, just wanted them to be aware of the harsh reality. They have a good opportunity here, with their employer willing to sponsor their studies. A university admission for a Masters will greatly improve their chance. We've discussed this already here a few times.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I am not in Canada bro. My current local employer - in my country - is willing to sponsor me to study in Canada. By Graduate Degree, do you mean a university degree? So you mean going for a diploma at a college for me who already own an MBA is not a good option? In my country we do not have a specialized marketing management degree tho, we have only business administration with marketing major/minor
Dude, there is no MBA in Marketing Management in any country. I have MBA in Marketing not Marketing Management. There is MBA and there are many concentrations under MBA. Even in my diploma, all I have is Master of Business Administration and no word about Marketing. Also, VO will reject your Student Permit if you are going for PGDM.

suzanne456

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
My brother recently got married to a Canadian citizen, he already has an application in process for PR since 2020 and had 478 points at that time.

1) Is there any scope to expedite his PR or the possibility of a work permit, because he needs to start supporting his wife? (His application wasn't converted to spousal sponsorship, but is still the same FSWP application from 2020)

2) He also has another problem where his visitor status is running out in march, can he stay back in Canada for awhile till his PR comes through citing family unification?

anybody care to weigh in with some options?

DrDre023

Jun 25, 2020
Finally PPR today guys.

AOR March 2020
COR Trinidad
GCMS notes stated final approved Sep2020 but was placed in COVID pace gp
Medicals extended 9th Dec 2021

PPR 13Th Jan 2022

Was nice guys all the best everyone. Especially ImpatientKangaroo
Hey Ranger91,Congrats on your PPR. I’m from Trinidad as well with similar timeline, AOR May 2020, Medical extended 9th Dec, just got my PPR on 7th February. Wanted to know the timeline for how long it took for you to get back your stamped passport? Just so I have an idea about my wait time. Also if you don’t mind me asking how long did they give you to be in Canada by?
Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My brother recently got married to a Canadian citizen, he already has an application in process for PR since 2020 and had 478 points at that time.

1) Is there any scope to expedite his PR or the possibility of a work permit, because he needs to start supporting his wife? (His application wasn't converted to spousal sponsorship, but is still the same FSWP application from 2020)

2) He also has another problem where his visitor status is running out in march, can he stay back in Canada for awhile till his PR comes through citing family unification?

anybody care to weigh in with some options?
1) I assume he applied under FSW / Express Entry? He would need to secure a job offer and his employer would need to get an approved LMIA in order to qualify for a work permit. FYI - you cannot "convert" an economic immigration application into a spousal sponsorship application.

2) He needs to apply to extend his status in Canada.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
1) I assume he applied under FSW / Express Entry? He would need to secure a job offer and his employer would need to get an approved LMIA in order to qualify for a work permit. FYI - you cannot "convert" an economic immigration application into a spousal sponsorship application.

2) He needs to apply to extend his status in Canada.
Scylla commenting on FSW thread :O

• Haha
Reactions: Yodm and wonderbly

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgd547/whatsapp-group-abandoned-indian-punjab-men-wives-in-canada?utm_source=viceinstain

Inside a WhatsApp Group for Indian Men Whose Wives Left Them for New Lives in Canada

They paid a fortune to send their wives ahead to a future in Canada, hoping they’d follow on a spouse visa. But with the women finding solace from dreary lives back home, these husbands say they’re now left lonely and bankrupt.

Jhujar Singh’s marriage was straight out of a dream.
Three years ago, the resident of Punjab in northern India was 24 when he was introduced to his wife who was 18 then, just about the marriageable age according to the Indian law. And though the arranged marriage set-up meant the two had met just a couple of times before their wedding, he had gradually fallen in love with her.
So, one day, when his wife spoke with him about her dream of relocating to Canada – the far-off country which immigration-obsessed Punjab looks at as almost their home base – he gave it serious thought.

Jhujar knew that his wife had excelled at academics, getting far better grades at school than he ever had, and had already started preparing for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exams – an English language proficiency test widely regarded as an important tool for global migration.

So, he happily funded her Canadian voyage with the hope that once she was settled there, it would pave the way for his move too. He told VICE that he spent nearly Rs 1.8 million ($24,000) on her tuition for IELTS, clothes, tickets, visa fees and rent.

“For the first two months, we were constantly in touch,” Jhujar told VICE. “We would chat on video call almost every day.”
And then, she ghosted him, blocking his number and changing her address in Canada.
Jhujar’s situation is not unique. And now, he and around 80 other men have come together to form a WhatsApp group named “Thugiya de Peedit” (Victims of Fraud). They all share a similar story: The husband and his family fund the woman’s education in Canada with the hope that she will get residency there, and then, be able to take her partner along. But within a few months, the wife goes off the grid, which sometimes also culminates in the discovery that she has a new partner in Canada.
The state of Punjab traditionally records a high efflux of its citizens to Canada. The Punjabi population in Canada is both statistically and socially strong, their influence reflecting in everything, from road signs being displayed in Punjabi (it’s Canada’s third most spoken language) to a record number of members in the parliament (even more than in the Indian parliament).

But life in Canada for the women who might’ve “abandoned” their Indian husbands would look vastly different from the one they left in India.
“For Punjabi women in the villages, there is absolutely no freedom,” said Satwinder Kaur, the founder of the non-profit Abandoned Brides by NRI Husbands Internationally (ABBNHI), which helps women — and now, even men — who’ve been abandoned by spouses living abroad. “No parent can claim to give their daughter absolute freedom in Punjab. So, when these smart women – often in their early 20s – go to Canada, what are the chances they will want to fall back into a life they never wanted to begin with?”
Sometimes, couples expressly marry so that they could realise their individual goals of migrating to Canada. This is often referred to as a “contract marriage” even though Ravinder Kaur, a professor of sociology at the Indian Institute of Technology in Delhi, does not agree with the term. “For the longest time, men have been abandoning their wives. So, the newfound sympathy that men seem to be eliciting seems misplaced.”

The Ministry of External Affairs recently informed the parliament that it received 4,698 complaints from wives abandoned by their husbands between January 2016 and May 2019. There is no official data on the number of men abandoned by their wives. VICE tried reaching out to some of the women accused by their husbands of abandonment but did not receive a response from any of them.

How did this trend emerge though, we ask. Ravinder said that this can be traced to the fact that most Punjabi men end up becoming complacent in the way they approach employment.
“The fruits of the green revolution (the agricultural surplus boom in the 1960s) have petered out. These men usually have some land but they waste time loitering around. Also, we have all heard about the drug and alcohol crisis in Punjab.”

Punjab’s drug crisis has reached deep within its cities and villages, making users out of every imaginable demographic: policemen, teachers, school kids, housewives, sex workers, farmers and domestic workers. Punjab’s rate of drug-related crime towers over other states, with reports stating that at least half of inmates in its jails are either convicted or facing trial under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985 (NDPS). The recent Punjab Opioid Dependence Survey (PODS) found that there were more than 200,000 opioid dependents in Punjab. Additionally, deaths due to drug abuse in Punjab have only increased after the pandemic.

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
https://www.vice.com/en/article/xgd547/whatsapp-group-abandoned-indian-punjab-men-wives-in-canada?utm_source=viceinstain

Inside a WhatsApp Group for Indian Men Whose Wives Left Them for New Lives in Canada

They paid a fortune to send their wives ahead to a future in Canada, hoping they’d follow on a spouse visa. But with the women finding solace from dreary lives back home, these husbands say they’re now left lonely and bankrupt.

Jhujar Singh’s marriage was straight out of a dream.
Three years ago, the resident of Punjab in northern India was 24 when he was introduced to his wife who was 18 then, just about the marriageable age according to the Indian law. And though the arranged marriage set-up meant the two had met just a couple of times before their wedding, he had gradually fallen in love with her.
So, one day, when his wife spoke with him about her dream of relocating to Canada – the far-off country which immigration-obsessed Punjab looks at as almost their home base – he gave it serious thought.

Jhujar knew that his wife had excelled at academics, getting far better grades at school than he ever had, and had already started preparing for the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exams – an English language proficiency test widely regarded as an important tool for global migration.

So, he happily funded her Canadian voyage with the hope that once she was settled there, it would pave the way for his move too. He told VICE that he spent nearly Rs 1.8 million ($24,000) on her tuition for IELTS, clothes, tickets, visa fees and rent.

“For the first two months, we were constantly in touch,” Jhujar told VICE. “We would chat on video call almost every day.”
And then, she ghosted him, blocking his number and changing her address in Canada.
Jhujar’s situation is not unique. And now, he and around 80 other men have come together to form a WhatsApp group named “Thugiya de Peedit” (Victims of Fraud). They all share a similar story: The husband and his family fund the woman’s education in Canada with the hope that she will get residency there, and then, be able to take her partner along. But within a few months, the wife goes off the grid, which sometimes also culminates in the discovery that she has a new partner in Canada.
The state of Punjab traditionally records a high efflux of its citizens to Canada. The Punjabi population in Canada is both statistically and socially strong, their influence reflecting in everything, from road signs being displayed in Punjabi (it’s Canada’s third most spoken language) to a record number of members in the parliament (even more than in the Indian parliament).

But life in Canada for the women who might’ve “abandoned” their Indian husbands would look vastly different from the one they left in India.
“For Punjabi women in the villages, there is absolutely no freedom,” said Satwinder Kaur, the founder of the non-profit Abandoned Brides by NRI Husbands Internationally (ABBNHI), which helps women — and now, even men — who’ve been abandoned by spouses living abroad. “No parent can claim to give their daughter absolute freedom in Punjab. So, when these smart women – often in their early 20s – go to Canada, what are the chances they will want to fall back into a life they never wanted to begin with?”
Sometimes, couples expressly marry so that they could realise their individual goals of migrating to Canada. This is often referred to as a “contract marriage” even though Ravinder Kaur, a professor of sociology at the Indian Institute of Technology in Delhi, does not agree with the term. “For the longest time, men have been abandoning their wives. So, the newfound sympathy that men seem to be eliciting seems misplaced.”

The Ministry of External Affairs recently informed the parliament that it received 4,698 complaints from wives abandoned by their husbands between January 2016 and May 2019. There is no official data on the number of men abandoned by their wives. VICE tried reaching out to some of the women accused by their husbands of abandonment but did not receive a response from any of them.

How did this trend emerge though, we ask. Ravinder said that this can be traced to the fact that most Punjabi men end up becoming complacent in the way they approach employment.
“The fruits of the green revolution (the agricultural surplus boom in the 1960s) have petered out. These men usually have some land but they waste time loitering around. Also, we have all heard about the drug and alcohol crisis in Punjab.”

Punjab’s drug crisis has reached deep within its cities and villages, making users out of every imaginable demographic: policemen, teachers, school kids, housewives, sex workers, farmers and domestic workers. Punjab’s rate of drug-related crime towers over other states, with reports stating that at least half of inmates in its jails are either convicted or facing trial under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985 (NDPS). The recent Punjab Opioid Dependence Survey (PODS) found that there were more than 200,000 opioid dependents in Punjab. Additionally, deaths due to drug abuse in Punjab have only increased after the pandemic.
CUCKS

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
Logic and IRCC is just so not relatable.

No offense against recent PNP applications being processed within 6 months.

But i just don't understand why aren't they processing or finalizing FSWs?

First it was all about CEC now its all about PNP. This wait is just so excruciating.