+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
NO! A lot of "world" is working hard to keep its manufacturing capacity. With all its fault EU and even India were able to roll out their vaccine programs and Canada had to depend upon others to supply its vaccines. You know why? Because Canadian government was stupid enough to close Connaught Laboratories in 1980s. Manufacturing is a guarantee of national security.

BTW, Just 10%? And you don't see a problem in it? Manufacturing is the prime source of employment. The reason why people like you can never buy a house is because you don't have a job and; no, mooching off your mom and crying about immigrants on internet is not counted as a job, if ever. A factory job in Manitoba would have allowed even a failure like you to afford a house!
Canada doesn't even have the capacity to manufacture PR cards, how can anyone expect Canada to manufacture anything else.

• Sad
Reactions: RSub

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
NO! A lot of "world" is working hard to keep its manufacturing capacity. With all its fault EU and even India were able to roll out their vaccine programs and Canada had to depend upon others to supply its vaccines. You know why? Because Canadian government was stupid enough to close Connaught Laboratories in 1980s. Manufacturing is a guarantee of national security.

BTW, Just 10%? And you don't see a problem in it? Manufacturing is the prime source of employment. The reason why people like you can never buy a house is because you don't have a job and; no, mooching off your mom and crying about immigrants on internet is not counted as a job, if ever. A factory job in Manitoba would have allowed even a failure like you to afford a house!
Canada cannot compete in cheap/low-end manufacturing against the like of China/India for obvious reasons: Low population (high labor cost), high min. wage, high regulation or workers right, unions.
Canada has yet to establish industries for high-end manufacturing to compete with the likes of Germany, USA. It's trying to establish EV vehicle manufacturing for the future. Gotta wait and see how that plays out.

I like how DKAB referred to Bombadier as high-end aviation. These guys have been given billions in government bailout since forever just because they are a Quebec company and the Lib government has its balls held by Quebec. See SNC-Lavalin scandal as another example

https://globalnews.ca/news/3354398/bombardier-trudeau-hammered/ - Bombadier
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-wilson-raybould-attorney-general-snc-lavalin-1.5014271- SNC Lavalin

Last edited:

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Forget sending a useless webform ...Just email the Canadian Embassy (Migration Section) in your country directly and ask them whatever you want to ask. Received a decent response about my application in less than 24 hours. Ok love you guys, Bye!!
I really like Pretoria VO office. I always received timely response from them. At some point during my SP application, I had back and forth email correspondence with them in a day - about 8 email exchanges in total, all responded to in less that 30 minutes after I emailed.

• Wow
Reactions: dankboi

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Saw that but I don't know the answer. People working on PGWP aren't required to show funds so if he's on a work permit he probably doesn't need to show funds. But if IRCC is asking for documents I believe you can't just come up and say "look at this link, it says I don't need to show proof". You just need to do what they say.
He is a FSW applicant, though inland. Only CECs don't need to show funds.

D

Deleted member 1050918

He is a FSW applicant, though inland. Only CECs don't need to show funds.
Nah:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Who does not need proof of funds
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if

• you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Nah:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

Who does not need proof of funds
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if

• you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program
Nah. This person did not apply with a job offer apparently (cos they didn't even have a job at that time). This seems to be a vanilla outland FSW application which required POF at the time of submission.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Nah. This person did not apply with a job offer apparently (cos they didn't even have a job at that time). This seems to be a vanilla outland FSW application which required POF at the time of submission.
That's probably why they got a POF request. Otherwise, FSW + valid job offer = no need to show POF

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
John Ivison: Liberals thwart badly needed skilled immigrants with mendacious political meddling

In a recent article in Foreign Policy, Parag Khanna of globalization experts FutureMap predicted that the Great Lockdown will be followed by the Great Migration, as the best and brightest move to exploit opportunities and fill labour shortages. It would seem an inopportune time for the government of Canada to stop accepting applications from highly skilled workers from overseas. Yet that is exactly what the Liberals have done.
As my colleague Ryan Tumilty reported on Saturday, the high-skilled worker stream is backlogged, so despite nationwide labour shortages, the government is pausing new invitations because the department can’t process them.

The reason why Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is so backed up are entirely political.

For a variety of reasons, not least of which is that more immigration means more economic growth, the Liberals have committed to bringing in more than 400,000 permanent residents a year for the next three years.
Canada’s growth rate has been tepid in recent years, even with high levels of immigration. Absent the new arrivals, we’d be going backwards, as is clear from real GDP per capita data (in 2015, it was $51,158 per person; in 2020, it was $50,510, in constant 2012 dollars).

High levels of immigration are integral to the Liberal economic plan. Yet those targets looked untenable during the pandemic, as international travel was suspended. Ottawa worked around the problem by granting permanent residency to thousands of temporary residents who were already employed or studying in Canada – the so-called Canada Experience Class.

The subsequent torrent of applications from students and temporary workers in Canada, coupled with the commitment to double the number of refugees coming from Afghanistan to 40,000, has resulted in bureaucratic resources becoming swamped. IRCC now has around 1.8 million applicants in a queue which is growing by about 20,000 every couple of months.

Part of the solution, according to an internal memo, is to cut the 110,500 skilled workers in the government’s target for next year by about half. The government says that there are still 76,000 skilled workers in the queue, so 2022 numbers won’t be affected. “The pause is temporary,” said a spokesperson for new immigration minister, Sean Fraser, who added that the government provided $85 million in new money to increase processing capacity.

But with around half of all businesses claiming to be experiencing labour shortages, the government has decided to meet its numerical targets, rather than focus where the needs are most pressing.

This is political meddling at its most mendacious. The government was able to boast about breaking the all-time immigration record in 2021, yet a quarter of those people were already here.

On refugees, no-one disagrees that Canada owes a duty of care to many people in Afghanistan but doubling the number of refugees from 20,000 to 40,000 will take two years to honour.

Andrew Griffith, a former director general at IRCC and author of a book on citizenship and immigration policy, said that the political choice to meet numerical targets, by allowing temporary residents to become permanent residents, meant that all other classes of immigrants became a lower priority. “It was a trade-off and, personally, I’m not convinced it was the right trade-off to make,” he said.
Griffith said the department would have warned the minister about the consequences of “bringing in the bodies” on the capacity constraints of other immigration streams. That advice appears to have been ignored.

The Liberals have so far stuck within the bounds that have traditionally governed Canada’s immigration policy, and which have ensured it has support in virtually all parties.

Immigration programs that are fair and economically-driven will continue to have widespread public support. People appreciate that we need new taxpayers to spread the burden of paying for an aging population.

In 2021, 58 percent of new immigrants were drawn from economic class programs; 26 percent from family class; and 16 percent from refugee and humanitarian class.
But the 2023 numbers may look quite different, if the number of high-skilled workers drops off dramatically and the number of refugees rises.

It has been a hallmark of this government that it has not been very effective at implementing policies, often because it is too focused on communications, and not enough on making things happen after they’ve been announced. This reflects a prime minister, who, in the words of one of his own senior members of staff, it “much more about: ‘what’s new?’”.

“He’s good at getting people super-excited, setting bold visions. But it creates real challenges in execution,” the staffer said.

This is a classic example. The “1 percent of population” immigration target probably got the inner circle “super-excited”, as, no doubt, did the 40,000 Afghan refugee promise.

But it may well be that there are consequences to those decisions which will see Canada miss out on tens of thousands of the globe’s most able engineers, heavy duty mechanics, plumbers, computer programmers, carpenters and database analysts.

Last edited:

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Guys, is there any way I can link my EE application to my personal GCKEY account? My previous organization's legal team submitted EE profile on my behalf, now I want it linked to my profile.

wierdaf

Jan 23, 2022
Reactions: Ryucnd

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes

Ryucnd

Star Member
Jan 21, 2022
Cornwall
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Thanks, I am gonna try. I can still do this if it's not paper-based, right? I mean, the previous application too, was online.
Change or cancel your representative
You can change or cancel your representative at any time.
To do this:
Beware of fraud
Beware of representatives who:
  • advertise their services as free and later ask you to pay a fee
  • encourage you to lie on your application
It’s against the law to give false or misleading information in your application. You’re responsible for all the information in your application even if your representative completes it for you.
Learn more about:

I found it, thanks! @wierdaf rdaf

Reactions: wierdaf