+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021
The assumption (or the scenario assumed in that memo) is -- 78000 people will be enough to meet ALL the quota of this year. So, most likely in June they will start with rounds but with small number of invites... like 1000 at a time or so inorder to NOT create a backlog for next year.
I am fu*ked then. I am starting to lose points at the end of this year from 478 to 473..

D

Deleted member 1006777

I am fu*ked then. I am starting to lose points at the end of this year from 478 to 473..
Not to be a downer, but yes, unfortunately you are. Your options are to:
1. somehow increase your score above 510 (to be safe), and hope for FSW to resume. Personally I do not believe FSW is coming back, so based on your opinion and understanding, be aware that any steps you take to increase your CRS score could eventually be completely meaningless.

2. Get a degree in Canada, preferably in IT. There is still a risk here, but at least if you get an IT related advanced degree and get a year of experience, 400+ CECs have a much better shot at an ITA than FSWs ever will regardless of the score.

There are no good options, but ultimately it does make sense to do something, since doing nothing all but guarantees you will never get an ITA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 5, 2021
guys, I'm trying to lower my CRS for OINP. I don't want to claim any points for my spouse's education and language test result. Can I put her education info into personal history and not submit any of her language test result? Could this be misrepresentation?

D

Deleted member 1006777

so the CRS stays high
I don;t think this really matters to them. If it did, TR to PR wouldn't be a thing. I think they only mentioned CRS in the memo to use it as an additional excuse to justify halting draws (CRS too low, we should stop draws). And even with that, they referred to high CRS scores as being a negative thing, and showed a preference for low CRS scores.

only if the fsw draw resume
This is the important part. I don't think they will. At least not this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
guys, I'm trying to lower my CRS for OINP. I don't want to claim any points for my spouse's education and language test result. Can I put her education info into personal history and not submit any of her language test result? Could this be misrepresentation?
i believe you can do it, keep it in personal history, do something to reach between 456-467 and keep that noc in your profile.
@seadrag0n what you say?

Last edited:

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021
Not to be a downer, but yes, unfortunately you are. Your options are to:
1. somehow increase your score above 510 (to be safe), and hope for FSW to resume. Personally I do not believe FSW is coming back, so based on your opinion and understanding, be aware that any steps you take to increase your CRS score could eventually be completely meaningless.

2. Get a degree in Canada, preferably in IT. There is still a risk here, but at least if you get an IT related advanced degree and get a year of experience, 400+ CECs have a much better shot at an ITA than FSWs ever will regardless of the score.

There are no good options, but ultimately it does make sense to do something, since doing nothing all but guarantees you will never get an ITA.
Really don't understand why 30 is the first age when points decrease. 30 is still young, best years are ahead financially.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Really don't understand why 30 is the first age when points decrease. 30 is still young, best years are ahead financially.
Considering people become eligible to apply at the age of 23 (22 or younger with TR to PR), it does make sense, as much as it sucks. If they moved the age to 35, 35 y/os would complain saying the exact same thing. They've decided 22 to 29 gets the most points for age, and that's just how it is. FYI I also lost points for age a few months ago.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Considering people become eligible to apply at the age of 23 (22 or younger with TR to PR), it does make sense, as much as it sucks. If they moved the age to 35, 35 y/os would complain saying the exact same thing. They've decided 22 to 29 gets the most points for age, and that's just how it is. FYI I also lost points for age a few months ago.
it is when i lost some points i got noi. i didn't know of pnp's until then, apart from the oinp's cutoff which we used to discuss here.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I'll get the OINP nomination when I'm 55!
in fact they don't really need the fsw foreigners to fill the quota for any years to come, there's enough and more TRV holders inside as students, ICT, IEC and misc work permits.
abolishing fsw is better for everyone. because it's becoming more pain at the applicant's end than ircc who is supposed to not give a damn, cause canada owes muffins.

D

Deleted member 1006777

in fact they don't really need the fsw foreigners to fill the quota for any years to come, there's enough and more TRV holders inside as students, ICT, IEC and misc work permits.
abolishing fsw is better for everyone. because it's becoming more pain at the applicant's end than ircc who is supposed to not give a damn, cause canada owes muffins.
As much as it sucks, this is true. FSW is 100% dead. My hope is that they bring it back for a few draws, you know, for old times' sake. But FSW is dead, and I've said this since April or May of last year, go check my post history if you don't believe me.

And cancelling the FSW program is 100% good for everyone. This shitty middle ground where they don't have any clear direction so the dumbass provinces cap their PNP invite scores is illogical. (No hate towards anyone who got their ITAs because of this though.)

Reactions: dankboi

slavicgirl

Oct 27, 2021
As much as it sucks, this is true. FSW is 100% dead. My hope is that they bring it back for a few draws, you know, for old times' sake. But FSW is dead, and I've said this since April or May of last year, go check my post history if you don't believe me.

And cancelling the FSW program is 100% good for everyone. This shitty middle ground where they don't have any clear direction so the dumbass provinces cap their PNP invite scores is illogical. (No hate towards anyone who got their ITAs because of this though.)
but why to allow FSW people entering the pool? If I had known this I wouldn't have spent money on ECA.

D

Deleted member 1006777

but why to allow FSW people entering the pool? If I had known this I wouldn't have spent money on ECA.
No logical reason for it. This is why i said it's a good thing for them to officially cancel it, which they refuse to do. It makes a little more sense now becasue the way they've done it, they can halt draws until they implement the TEER system and gradually start to phase out FSW. For any FSWs who haven't gotten an ITA, it's going to be a slow and painful bleed until the program is killed officially maybe by the end of this year.