LANDED..........
24-02-2022
  • Haha
Reactions: Lulu69 and dankboi

Hokage

Feb 27, 2020
Category........
FSW
Britain showing Covid the zap sign. No more working from home , no more mandating of masks and and and...about damn time. Now watch JT do the same

D

Deleted member 1050918

Let me be honest. ALL FSW folks are eligible for Mandemus. ALL of them. ALL of them have been waiting for an unreasonable amount of time. The fact that IRCC says that their processing times for FSW will go to 36 months as more backlogged applications are processed is the proof of it.
I think if ALL FSW folks decide to go for Mandemus, their writs will get backlogged (LOL!) at the court. Unfortunately, there is nothing like a class-action Mandemus as each JR is decided on its own merit (in theory, each petitioner has to tell WHY this delay has been bad for them ).

So yeah, very likely if enough FSW folks go for mandemus, you will end-up in another backlog at the court. Another point : IRCC will argue and courts most likely will grant a 60 days of time to finish. Also, before mandemus, you will have to raise a web-query and ASK specifically to finish processing of your application (demand for performance) with 30 days deadline (standard). So in all you will see 90 days of further time without considering any processing or queing time at the court. I guess, in that much time, your application is likely to be decided in normal course of things.

IRCC is typically processing at a rate of 18K FHS persons per month. If majority of that go to FSW, all 54K should be done by march/april end or so. From what I have seen, the current PPRs are dominated by FSW (as it used to be before pandemic).

So yeah, go ahead with Mandemus. It will make you feel good. Not necessarily speeding up the process of landing but surely keeping you sane.
It's clear that a person who has been waiting for 18+ months now wasted the last 6+ months of that wait by not filing mandamus. Considering an average FSW waits 21 months, mandamus is a great weapon they were just not aware of. To say that it won't speed up their landing is plain wrong dude. Also if there are so many mandamus files that courts now also crash, this will mean IRCC ignored so many of those files that they ended up in court (very unlikely scenario) and this would get media coverage which is what people (should) want. If IRCC received that many mandamus files then they'd just quietly prioritize and finish those apps.

M

MayorGrom

Let me be honest. ALL FSW folks are eligible for Mandemus. ALL of them. ALL of them have been waiting for an unreasonable amount of time. The fact that IRCC says that their processing times for FSW will go to 36 months as more backlogged applications are processed is the proof of it.
I think if ALL FSW folks decide to go for Mandemus, their writs will get backlogged (LOL!) at the court. Unfortunately, there is nothing like a class-action Mandemus as each JR is decided on its own merit (in theory, each petitioner has to tell WHY this delay has been bad for them ).

So yeah, very likely if enough FSW folks go for mandemus, you will end-up in another backlog at the court. Another point : IRCC will argue and courts most likely will grant a 60 days of time to finish. Also, before mandemus, you will have to raise a web-query and ASK specifically to finish processing of your application (demand for performance) with 30 days deadline (standard). So in all you will see 90 days of further time without considering any processing or queing time at the court. I guess, in that much time, your application is likely to be decided in normal course of things.

IRCC is typically processing at a rate of 18K FHS persons per month. If majority of that go to FSW, all 54K should be done by march/april end or so. From what I have seen, the current PPRs are dominated by FSW (as it used to be before pandemic).

So yeah, go ahead with Mandemus. It will make you feel good. Not necessarily speeding up the process of landing but surely keeping you sane.
The question is more about those 36 months processing timeline. In other words, do they plan to shift their resources and thus, end up with 36 months processing timeline?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
It's clear that a person who has been waiting for 18+ months now wasted the last 6+ months of that wait by not filing mandamus. Considering an average FSW waits 21 months, mandamus is a great weapon they were just not aware of.
Its not just that. There are MANY FSW with expired CoPRs. So yeah, if a FSW had filed Mandamus say in 2021, he would have got CoPR ... BUT due to travelling restrictions, it is possible he might not have landed in Canada and had to wait seeing their CoPR expire. You cann't do mandemus to prevent that.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
The question is more about those 36 months processing timeline. In other words, do they plan to shift their resources and thus, end up with 36 months processing timeline?
You should know how IRCC calculates its performance time. 36 months is NOT average, its 80th percentile. 80% of cases are decided in 36 months. Its called 80P or 80th ranked metric. So it means in past, 80% of applications were decided in say 36 months or less.

M

MayorGrom

You should know how IRCC calculates its performance time. 36 months is NOT average, its 80th percentile. 80% of cases are decided in 36 months. Its called 80P or 80th ranked metric. So it means in past, 80% of applications were decided in say 36 months or less.
Regardless of how you put it, 36 months is unjustified at all.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Regardless of how you put it, 36 months is unjustified at all.
I am not justifying it. Look at my past posts. There has NEVER been any justification. Its important to know what these memos etc meanw when they throw the terms around.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
They can land in 2022, no more restrictions.
Indeed they can.

If they had expired CoPR, they would have been in bigger trouble. I am not sure how you will find a reasonable time to renew CoPR. IRCC can drag its feet their till the end of hte world.

M

MayorGrom

There is a reason yesterday I had locked out my account (though the MemoGate made me come back).
Smart man. Me, on other hand, decided to log in for the first time since 2021 January. Won’t lie; it’s not as lonely to go through this when you have someone to discuss it with (even if its online only)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OneStepAtATime

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
So ircc has been extending the work permits for everyone who applies for 1year.
Not true. there's no such extension. CECs were betting on BOWP which was supposed to extend for 1 year, but the requirement if that is eAPR is obtained. Now with no CEC draws a bunch of employers will need to seek LMIA (expensive and will take for months) or they can go home.

• Sad
Reactions: OneStepAtATime