Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Didn't know EU is even more shit. That is why I compared it to US which is closer. Forget Credit Cards banking services in general sucks here. Lookup any bank branch and their google reviews and you will see people complaining to wait hours to get most basic services. And it is because big 5 control the market and are equally good/bad and have no incentive to actually improve.
I hate to say this. Many Indian banks have better infra and products than Canadian banks. Only if Indian money was better.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Sounds very much like India of 1980s. Everything Government regulated, restricted and sub-standard. Only North American standards are good enough.
Not quite as bad but yes I agree the amount of government regulation and in general rigid attitude is hindering Canada. Else, they could have benefited much more when things were going haywire in US with Trump. They did attract talent but most people I know who moved from US actually want to move back to US after spending time here. Yes, there are exceptions and someone may say that most people they know want to stay here and not move back to US. It is anecdotal and I don't claim to be accurate. It is more a sentiment thing.

Reactions: novascotia27

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Does Canada have anything equivalent to UPI to pay for pretty much everything.
Closest is Interac. And that is paid unless you hold a higher deposit account.

Reactions: seadrag0n

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Not quite as bad but yes I agree the amount of government regulation and in general rigid attitude is hindering Canada. Else, they could have benefited much more when things were going haywire in US with Trump. They did attract talent but most people I know who moved from US actually want to move back to US after spending time here. Yes, there are exceptions and someone may say that most people they know want to stay here and not move back to US. It is anecdotal and I don't claim to be accurate. It is more a sentiment thing.
Well, there are too many restrictions. The only thing going for them is this low population and vast natural resources. I mean, it is unthinkable that Canada can have a land resources crisis but here we are. Its real-estate should have been cheapest in the world but no. We will mark arbitrary pieces of land as "Crown Property" and will not allow bylaw reforms at ALL.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Well, there are too many restrictions. The only thing going for them is this low population and vast natural resources. I mean, it is unthinkable that Canada can have a land resources crisis but here we are. Its real-estate should have been cheapest in the world but no. We will mark arbitrary pieces of land as "Crown Property" and will not allow bylaw reforms at ALL.
Real estate does need a lot of reforms. It boggled my mind when I looked at RE prices here in Canada. I naively thought prices will be lower here for the same reasons you quoted .. lower population and lots of land. Right now one can buy a much bigger house in a much lower price in a suburb of Chicago than one can buy in Kitchener. But I don't see it changing and people need to plan around that.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Does Canada have anything equivalent to UPI to pay for pretty much everything?
nope don't. Interac is shit compared to UPI. I find tap and pay at stores to be awesome. However, some stores like certain No Frills, Costco refuse to accept Visa Credit Cards. Backward AF.

Having said all that, the bitchiness on this group for those looking to move to Canada is next level. It's better than India/Nigeria/<insert any other third-world country name here> as far as general quality of life is concerned. Family, for those who are close, is a huge factor that many discount.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I hate to say this. Many Indian banks have better infra and products than Canadian banks. Only if Indian money was better.
One advantage is that we have more people in the banking sector. Also, Bank jobs used to be the Tech job of '60s, 70's,and '80s. So we had a strong banking sector for a very long time and Indian govs continued to support it. These western countries lack manpower and technology.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Now it is officialy raining!
Bro. What do you see that we don't?? It's the same shit these few weeks. Old AOR's being processed. Nothing new in the trend. In fact, this is one of the oldest AOR's. Real shit happens when we see July 2020, Aug 2020, Oct 2020, and so on.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
One advantage is that we have more people in the banking sector. Also, Bank jobs used to be the Tech job of '60s, 70's,and '80s. So we had a strong banking sector for a very long time and Indian govs continued to support it. These western countries lack manpower and technology.
Manpower I can understand but why technology? Doesn't Canada have top universities like University of Toronto, UBC, McGill?

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
nope don't. Interac is shit compared to UPI. I find tap and pay at stores to be awesome. However, some stores like certain No Frills, Costco refuse to accept Visa Credit Cards. Backward AF.

Having said all that, the bitchiness on this group for those looking to move to Canada is next level. It's better than India/Nigeria/<insert any other third-world country name here> as far as general quality of life is concerned. Family, for those who are close, is a huge factor that many discount.
Costco saves a lot of money by not allowing its customers to use Credit cards. This is why Costco is an exclusive store and I wanted it to stay the same.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
i guess the banking here in UK is hassle free, apart from getting the bank letter signed and sealed i never wanted to visit the bank, maybe an year or so. Payments to whole world is swift and easy. With credit card anything is possible here, now i don't use credit cards, been using until 2019, now it's all full upfront. It's a bit troublesome in some parts of europe.
even illegals hold bank accounts hehe