+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

purohitab

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Oh please brother..... I have no interest in whatever life you had in the US or currently have. I and several others, came to Canada for its quality of life. We are now pissed that very "quality of life" is dropping quickly because of mass immigration from opportunist H1Bs like you. Some of us have worked our butts off in Canada for years in order to buy a house and then one fine day, a newly arrived sweatshop H1B from across the border, comes in with his/her savings and outbids all of us. This is the recent trend in Canada. Express entry is overrepresented with your kind. Their main objective is to work for a few years in the US for amassing a huge amount and then move to Canada. If housing becomes unaffordable, how the hell are we supposed to raise families over here? Unlike you, we have no interest in raising a family in the US. The scumbag Trudeau and his love for mass immigration, will turn Canada into a third world country soon. This will be his last term.
"The Canadian housing crisis is being caused by overflow of H1B immigrant savings"
-DKAB
Someone give this guy an honorary PhD in economics(atleast could help him get a worthwhile job to save and buy a house)

purohitab

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Oh please brother..... I have no interest in whatever life you had in the US or currently have. I and several others, came to Canada for its quality of life. We are now pissed that very "quality of life" is dropping quickly because of mass immigration from opportunist H1Bs like you. Some of us have worked our butts off in Canada for years in order to buy a house and then one fine day, a newly arrived sweatshop H1B from across the border, comes in with his/her savings and outbids all of us. This is the recent trend in Canada. Express entry is overrepresented with your kind. Their main objective is to work for a few years in the US for amassing a huge amount and then move to Canada. If housing becomes unaffordable, how the hell are we supposed to raise families over here? Unlike you, we have no interest in raising a family in the US. The scumbag Trudeau and his love for mass immigration, will turn Canada into a third world country soon. This will be his last term.
Bro again and as reiterated by many forum members before, if your saving pennies every month that is not enough to buy a house. Either get a good job,upskill and make something of ur useless life rather than shitting on people who are competing to get where they are.

Reactions: RSub

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
FSWs, just like any other newcomers (including students), do drive up the housing prices though. More people coming in = more people needing housing = more demand = increased rent
Agreed with the rent, not with house prices. That being said, purpose built rental properties are gaining popularity in BC atleast.

I have seen it go other way as well. In 2008-09 during the real estate crash, the prices of properties in New York was not climbing at least but rent still kept on going up. There was simply not enough supply in that place.

Canada would've still had a housing crisis even with zero immigrants coming in though. They simply don't have enough houses (terribly insufficient supply, can't cut it by reducing demand)
House prices (ie to own) is more a function of money available from banks and national and international investment and then there is massive elephant in the room : Provinces and Federal government are not ready to let the prices correct. They have MASSIVE amount of land lockup as Crown Land. Those provinces like alberta that release land have a very very rational house market.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
"The Canadian housing crisis is being caused by overflow of H1B immigrant savings"
-DKAB
Someone give this guy an honorary PhD in economics(atleast could help him get a worthwhile job to save and buy a house)
They say that one doesn't need to make sense to justify their hate.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Same status here, what does your additional document section says, is it 'Not Applicable'
My ADR is "Not Applicable" as well. Once I uploaded my docs that is.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
FSWs, just like any other newcomers (including students), do drive up the housing prices though. More people coming in = more people needing housing = more demand = increased rent

Canada would've still had a housing crisis even with zero immigrants coming in though. They simply don't have enough houses (terribly insufficient supply, can't cut it by reducing demand)
You know what happened in Ireland back in 2007/2008 when there was a huge crisis? They were building houses like crazy, left and right. House prices were high, not as high as of now. They were thinking that all immigrants will buy houses etc and what happened? Boom, everything collapsed. We had a lot of so called "Ghost Estates" where they were partially finished sitting on the side. Also people had huge issues to sell their properties as the property prices plumbed down. One of my dad's friend had a house that he bought near Dublin for about 360k EUR, after that crash he could sell it for maybe 140k which would not even repay his mortgage. So you have to be careful of building houses like crazy but yea, this would definitely help to lower the prices of the houses and rent. The question is why they are afraid if they want and they expect to have a steady flow of new immigrants into the country. This would even make Canada more appealing to the new comers.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
I think you are only eligible for OWP if you applied inland, no?
In theory yes. However we have a direct contact with an immigration in in the province that picked us. One of the officers that was looking after us told us that they are working on making possible for their PNPs to get the Open Work Permit. They told us they will follow up with us after the new eyar once we will submit the application for Permanent Residency. I will be sending an email today :)

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
All you need is a bachelors degree. I've seen people with CS degrees from garbage colleges in India, getting H1Bs all because of the fact that their employer, an outsourcing company, was able to game the system and not because they possessed superior coding skills. I agree with the fact that those H1Bs who work for the FANG companies in the US, are highly skilled. If you want one example of a guy with a garbage education from the US, look no further than PRANIT01. He can barely form a sentence.
Hahaha this actually remind me of something. When I was working in one of the biggest companies in the world - IT Infrastructure Site - we had a new hire in US. He had some sort of Work Visa or whatever. Something was wrong with the guy as he went through really difficult interview but he could not do any basic tasks that were assigned to him like: make some simple terraform deployments, configure linux servers etc. (I did not conduct the interview - it was some guy in US). On a few calls some times I had a feeling like there is someone else at his desk or on a second computer on another call. My other colleague had exactly same feeling. Guess what. This guys hired some other ass in India and that guy was doing most of the work for him.

Last edited:

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
Hahaha this actually remind me of something. When I was working in on of the biggest companies in the world - IT Infrastructure Site - we had a new hire in US. He had some sort of Work Visa or whatever. Something was wrong with the guy as he went through really difficult interview but he could not do any basic tasks that were assigned to him like: make some simple terraform deployments, configure linux servers etc. ON few calls some times I had a feeling like there is someone else at his desk or on a second computer on another call. My other colleague had exactly same feeling. Guess what. This guys hired some other ass in India and that guy was doing most of the work for him.
Well, that person wasn't alone.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-21043693

• Haha
Reactions: Pasha1 and dxdroid
D

Deleted member 1050918

They have MASSIVE amount of land lockup as Crown Land. Those provinces like alberta that release land have a very very rational house market.
Absolutely. I've discussed why there is a "land lockup" in Canada (especially BC and ON) and FSWs or any other immigrants have nothing to do with it. The govt should simply stop selling land to the Chinese. Yeah AB is good for now since there's not much Chinese invasion there yet.

Reactions: dxdroid

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Absolutely. I've discussed why there is a "land lockup" in Canada (especially BC and ON) and FSWs or any other immigrants have nothing to do with it. The govt should simply stop selling land to the Chinese. Yeah AB is good for now since there's not much Chinese invasion there yet.
I would say it is a matter of time when foreign investors will start buying land in other parts of Canada. Canadian government should really put a proper legislations to stop this. I am not sayign that foreigners should be fully blocked to buy a land but it should be a lot more difficult. Exactly same thing is happening in Ireland but investors instead of buying land (most the land is blocked to buy as a foreigner) they are buying the whole estates of new homes, then they are renting them for crazy money. Government is not doing much to stop this s***.

Last edited:

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Just to add, when there was a housing crash in Ireland. You were able to buy the whole estate with the houses that were not finished inside for about 500k EUR - roughly about 50 houses. I was living on one of those estates. The company bought the whole site for 480K EUR, they have finished houses inside and they ahve rented each house for about 1k a month. This was 50k a month just of rent. They had their own maintenance supplied for the houses at the same time so their cost were reduced to bear minimum.

• Wow
Reactions: OneStepAtATime