+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
"He also said that the traditional immigration streams will pick up, once the pandemic improves and restrictions ease on international borders. Government will not abandon pre-pandemic immigration streams. We (INC) believe that this could be in reference to Express Entry FSW as there hasn’t been a draw since December 2020." 25 December 2021
https://immigrationnewscanada.ca/fraser-indicated-temporary-programs-may-stay-in-new-year/

I think we have our answer on why the f/ck is IRCC not finalizing outland files since early December. It is 'Omicron'. If it doesn't create complete chaos in Canada, they'll restart finalizing files and issuing PPRs. Otherwise we'll wait an even longer time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1050918

"He also said that the traditional immigration streams will pick up, once the pandemic improves and restrictions ease on international borders. Government will not abandon pre-pandemic immigration streams. We (INC) believe that this could be in reference to Express Entry FSW as there hasn’t been a draw since December 2020." 25 December 2021
https://immigrationnewscanada.ca/fraser-indicated-temporary-programs-may-stay-in-new-year/

I think we have our answer on why the f/ck is IRCC not finalizing outland files since early December. It is 'Omicron'. If it doesn't creates complete chaos in Canada, they'll restart finalizing files and issuing PPRs. Otherwise we'll wait an even longer time.
He's bullshitting though. There are no restrictions to ease in the first place.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Wow, I’m from MVO too. I can’t believe they’re finally awake after sleeping for so long.
I think there was one PNP applicant a few weeks / months back that was given PPR from a Manila VO. This was during the time when the first PPR rain started to trickle; I think that was the first time I heard that this VO was back. My cousin also managed to get a study permit, he plans to do the study route and he left just a few days ago. Let's just hope that the current immigration in 2022 won't be like 2020 too.

Last edited:

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Congratulations and all the best.
I got a re-medical request a few days back as well, my primary VO was Ottawa. I am curious to know what are the processing timelines like from remedicals getting passed to PPR these past months. Anyone have any stats to share?

Thanks.
From what I've heard probably 1-2 months, but do take this with a grain of salt. Because frankly, I'm not sure either, and am curious myself. Hopefully not too long.

Last edited:
Reactions: JNAIR1529

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
I have worked with both Chinese who are in the US, and those who are in China since the company I'm in is multinational. This statement is quite true to those who are in the US, but for those who are in China; they tend to be less arrogant, still a bit introvert, but they are generally helpful, and quite knowlegable.
Several immigrants who are in the US are arrogant in general. I tend to not involve myself with Brazilians that are in the US when I visit. Just my family. Won’t generalize because haven’t met all immigrants living there, but really dislike Brazilians in the US.

Last edited:

heydaydreamer

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
I think there was one PNP applicant a few weeks / months back that was given PPR from a Manila VO. This was during the time when the first PPR rain started to trickle; I think that was the first time I heard that this VO was back. My cousin also managed to get a study permit, he plans to do the study route and he left just a few days ago. Let's just hope that the current immigration in 2022 won't be like 2020 too.
Question, did you get an email for the remedical request? Or did you see it upon login at the portal?

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Question, did you get an email for the remedical request? Or did you see it upon login at the portal?
The Canadian Embassy called my mobile this morning, and I'm 100% sure they were local, since they were speaking Filipino; then they told me that the everything was good and close to completion, but I need to redo my medicals since it has already expired. They asked me if I have access to the CIC portal, I said yes, and they said that they were sending the re-medical request right now, just few moments later I received an e-mail notification. I logged in to the CIC portal and true enough, I saw the Medical request form in my application. The status also changed from "In Progress" to "An action required from you", not word for word, but something in the lines of that.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
The Canadian Embassy called my mobile this morning, and I'm 100% sure they were local, since they were speaking Filipino; then they told me that the everything was good and close to completion, but I need to redo my medicals since it has already expired. They asked me if I have access to the CIC portal, I said yes, and they said that they were sending the re-medical request right now, just few moments later I received an e-mail notification. I logged in to the CIC portal and true enough, I saw the Medical request form in my application. The status also changed from "In Progress" to "An action required from you", not word for word, but something in the lines of that.
Wow the embassy reached out to you on your file status? That's pretty amazing. I wish my embassy did that.

Reactions: ita_drgen

heydaydreamer

Star Member
Jul 10, 2020
Thanks for this! It's my first time to hear MVO calling applicants via mobile. Hope you get your approval soon after remeds!

Reactions: ita_drgen
D

Deleted member 1050918

PPR soon but you're not allowed to post here after you get PPR.

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Wow the embassy reached out to you on your file status? That's pretty amazing. I wish my embassy did that.
Thanks for this! It's my first time to hear MVO calling applicants via mobile. Hope you get your approval soon after remeds!
I know right? I was quite hesitant at first, you know how scams work these days. I'm not sure if it's because I asked an update on my file a few weeks backs via webform, nothing special just asking IRCC what's going on with my App, and to be honest I wasn't expecting a reply from them, or maybe (but less likely) because the company who wants to hire me in Vancouver is pulling some strings, not sure about the latter given that they're also in a holiday mood.

By the way @heydaydreamer, I'm not sure where are you getting your medicals at, but SLEC Ermita, and BGC is pretty much booked until early to mid February. I pre-emptively sent IRCC a webform that my medicals might be late, since my first booking was beyond the 30-day limit. I tried booking a second time, and I managed to get a reasonable medical exam within the 30-day limit, but just barely. I had to refresh the page like every 5 mins to check if a slot has opened up. I did check other provincial clinics, Cebu and Baguio's earliest dates are January 24th, but traveling to the provinces would definitely be a chore. What I'm saying is better get ready, and patient in the internet if the IRCC asked for your medicals right now, since you'd be pretty challenged to meet that 30-day requirement.

Last edited:

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Got my upfront remedicals updated to my cic portal.. remedicals done in September.. AOR April ‘20.. Fingers Crossed
Wow 3 months before it gets updated in the portal o_O I pray it won't be that long for me. Or is that 3 months because of the sputum test?