USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Guys need some help, I have a question.

In a few months I am leaving US to my home country between that I am planning to travel for 2 months, so that means if they ask me to submit my passport in 30 days that is not possible, Similarly now my medical is expired, If they ask me to do remedial what am I supposed to do ,do I have to ask for extension of dead line or can I do it in any country. Next one is about PCC ,do I have to collect pcc now from us and from india so that it has a validity of 6 months so when ever they ask me I can send it or do I have to wait till they ask?
Please give your feedback thank you
If I were you, I would do the following:
1. Get the US PCC before I leave. It takes few minutes to get the report after giving finger prints at an participating USPS location. Hope you know the process.
2. Update IRCC of my change of residence immediately after I leave the US.
3. Be flexible with travel plans and I would be able to travel back to my residence to submit my passports.
4. There are chances that IRCC may give you extension if you are on a vacation and unable to sumbit your passports. Having gone through hell since 2020, it up to you to decide if you wanna another pace of uncertainty.

Answers to other questions:
You can re medicals anywhere in the world but make sure there is IRCC approved physician and call them if they are providing an appointment or walk in.
Get US PCC. I cannot stress more. Its a pain if you apply PCC from outside US. PCC don’t have validity. You need to get an PCC if you stating in a new country for more than 180 days. Your new PCC will work just fine once you leave the US. IRCC crackpots may ask you to produce a new PCC from your new COR even if its under 180 days. So just be sure about the PCC process in your COR.

Reactions: PRANIT01

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
You can look up i539 change of status to visitor visa I.e. B2 if you want to buy more time or take a break go on a trip etc Now it takes a long time to process (1y+; possibly longer than the time it takes for you to get PPR but this part I'm not certain). As long as you get it submitted and receive confirmation before actual expiry date of your status you're pretty much golden. Though you'd have to care about expenses this way.
Expenses are the issue ,it will be like I can't even apply for a job and my travel is outside US.I thought about it 6 months in US without job that is really expensive and drain me financially.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
If I were you, I would do the following:
1. Get the US PCC before I leave. It takes few minutes to get the report after giving finger prints at an participating USPS location. Hope you know the process.
2. Update IRCC of my change of residence immediately after I leave the US.
3. Be flexible with travel plans and I would be able to travel back to my residence to submit my passports.
4. There are chances that IRCC may give you extension if you are on a vacation and unable to sumbit your passports. Having gone through hell since 2020, it up to you to decide if you wanna another pace of uncertainty.

Answers to other questions:
You can re medicals anywhere in the world but make sure there is IRCC approved physician and call them if they are providing an appointment or walk in.
Get US PCC. I cannot stress more. Its a pain if you apply PCC from outside US. PCC don’t have validity. You need to get an PCC if you stating in a new country for more than 180 days. Your new PCC will work just fine once you leave the US. IRCC crackpots may ask you to produce a new PCC from your new COR even if its under 180 days. So just be sure about the PCC process in your COR.
Thank you @RSub but the thing that bothers me is ,suppose if I apply for US pcc lets say tomorrow and I get it by the end of jan and I am leaving on march ,if IRcc is asking me to submit pcc can I use that or do I have to wait till march to apply for US PCC just before leaving US.

Do I have to notify ircc just when I leave US because technically I am not staying anywhere not even 30 days continuously and more over atleast in papers us processing is fast even though it is a lie and more than that my file will be going to NDVo which is the worst that can happen, so can I notify them once I reach india or is it wise to let them know before that,once application is approved can we notify ircc about residence change?
Trip actually I am trying to tweak.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
If you are expecting a PPR that soon, planning to travel at this time is probably harmful to your process. Do you really have to travel this year?

You give your medical exam in whatever country you are at that moment. This again is why you should not travel at this time because you may have travelled to a country where there are no IRCC panel physicians available or you might only find very shitty ones.

Don't wait. Get whatever PCC you can now and keep them just in case. If you get asked for PCC later submit the ones you already have and explain you're trying to get new ones and see if you can also get new ones.

Yeah I was afraid the forum got reported for people typing stuff like fuck justin trudeau. It would've been such a shame. The risks would be even higher if it was typed in all caps...

FUCK JUSTIN TRUDEAU
oh man lmao really... reported because people typing fuck justin trudeau... what.. Canada is another China?

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Yep my opt is expiring, I was too confident on Canada when I got ITa and don't want to be a slave for another 30 years so didn't even try for h1.will try middle east or something with my experience I should get a job under normal circumstances but for last 2 years things are not normal lol
I never had plan to stay in US if I get Canada pr I don't have any regrets in leaving US not because US is bad but because of USICS rules.I had a chance between US and Sweden before 5 years ,I even got an admit from KTH royal institute of technology, I threw that and I came her now when I think about that yeah I have some regret,but I don't know for what ever reason I don't like EU may be because of language barrier.
Mandamus and you will get PPR before March 30. Use it now before mandamus is totally abused next year, when IRCC will hire some attorney to specifically respond to mandamus.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Mandamus and you will get PPR before March 30. Use it now before mandamus is totally abused next year, when IRCC will hire some attorney to specifically respond to mandamus.
Mandamus ? It is something legal isn't it can you please explain it more?

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
There are people from 2019 still not using mandamus. Its expensive and doesn't make sense yet.
Time vs. money you choose. The wait can continue forever. It doesn't make sense to me that 2019 people keep on waiting. IMO each of them should file Mandamus if they can afford it.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Guys need some help, I have a question.

In a few months I am leaving US to my home country between that I am planning to travel for 2 months, so that means if they ask me to submit my passport in 30 days that is not possible, Similarly now my medical is expired, If they ask me to do remedial what am I supposed to do ,do I have to ask for extension of dead line or can I do it in any country. Next one is about PCC ,do I have to collect pcc now from us and from india so that it has a validity of 6 months so when ever they ask me I can send it or do I have to wait till they ask?
Please give your feedback thank you
You need to collect it after you've left the US. Getting it before you leave means you will need to get another one after 6months if your file hasn't been finalised then.

Best to get out of the US then get the PCC. Go to IRCC's website to read more about PCC, they prefer that you get it after you've already left the country you're getting it from.