+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
That's going to take years to be spent and make meaning full impact.
For now wouldn't they just move some officers over to outland applicants. Thats all we ask.lol
They hired administrative assistants from august till end of november and now they are hiring more until Feb 2022. Most likely those are to deal with temporary large backlog. They will most likely be doing grunt work like organizing files, stamping passports, and getting officers coffee, to leave analysts and officers available for reviewing and deciding on cases. The remaining hiring are until end of 2022 and early 2023. Those are most likely targeted for their future plans to immigration, relevant to increasing numbers of applications and changes to their IT.

Reactions: immicow

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
In all seriousness, what is the likelihood of having FSW calls next year? I am done with this, really, I lost hope.
Realistically I think you can expect a draw within March 2022 for FSW.
Because the plan is to reduce backlog by half before issuing any new ITAs. I suspect backlog to be reduced half with the tiny amount of PPRs being issued.

But they may continue with same capacity of processing from outland applicants and continue with inland draws and process inland with full capacity. I really fear this may happen. They may think about outland post June.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
They hired administrative assistants from august till end of november and now they are hiring more until Feb 2022. Most likely those are to deal with temporary large backlog. They will most likely be doing grunt work like organizing files, stamping passports, and getting officers coffee, to leave analysts and officers available for reviewing and deciding on cases. The remaining hiring are until end of 2022 and early 2023. Those are most likely targeted for their future plans to immigration, relevant to increasing numbers of applications and changes to their IT.
So these are all temporarily contracted workers?

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
In all seriousness, what is the likelihood of having FSW calls next year? I am done with this, really, I lost hope.
Despite all the uncertainty, I really think the chances are high for next year. If it doesn’t happen then it will never happen again. So it just has to resume

swedentälje

May 17, 2021
Stockholm / Södertälje, Sweden
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Outland
NOC Code......
Realistically I think you can expect a draw within March 2022 for FSW.
Because the plan is to reduce backlog by half before issuing any new ITAs. I suspect backlog to be reduced half with the tiny amount of PPRs being issued.

But they may continue with same capacity of processing from outland applicants and continue with inland draws and process inland with full capacity. I really fear this may happen. They may think about outland post June.
We can only hope, but if they cannot get the backlog handled according to their plan and if the COVID situation changes for worse, I believe post June is the only option.
There was a comment that if they do not resume FSW draws in 2022 they might never resume it, but I believe 2022 might be out of the picture for FSW even if they decide to maintain the category for 2023 and beyond.