+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

D

Deleted member 1050918

bro ded cec

Time to think about study route perhaps, it's so tiring to even think about all of these craps. Give these a-holes some money as my ticket to find my peace. I wonder how happy IRCC officer jerks are now, they be like great 2022 holiday continues where should I spend my holidays in?
I was hoping all this progress (vaccines etc) would remain so 2022+ would be kinda normal which would again make the study route an absolute waste of money and time but since we're going back to Dec 2020, I'm afraid study route now becomes viable for those with $100,000 in cash.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: dankboi

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Canada bans flights from South Africa and neighbouring countries
Health officials halt travel to south African nations to prevent the spread of a new COVID-19 variant.

The Canadian government announced that it will limit travel to southern Africa, a region which has reported cases of a new COVID-19 variant of concern.

As of November 26, all foreign nationals who have travelled through the seven affected countries in the last 14 days will not be allowed to enter Canada. The affected nations include: South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Lesotho, Eswatini, and Mozambique .

Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be allowed to return home, but they will have to fly home indirectly, passing through a third country where they will also need to take a molecular COVID-19 test.

Canada’s health minister, Jean-Yves Duclos said people already in Canada who travelled in the region over the past two weeks should get a COVID-19 test and stay in isolation until they receive a negative test result.

Transport Minister Omar Alghabra said the new measures will be in affect until at least Jan. 31, 2022.

The announcement comes after the World Health Organization (WHO) dubbed the new COVID-19 strain, also known as Omicron or B.1.1.529, as a variant of concern. So far, the Omicron variant has been detected in South Africa, Botswana, as well as in Israel, Belgium, and Hong Kong. It has not been found in Canada, according to Chief Public Health Officer, Theresa Tam.

The transport minister encouraged Canadians who are unable to get home due to the restrictions to contact the emergency watch centre.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Ontario case numbers going up even though Ford asked them nicely not to

TORONTO – Ontario Premier Doug Ford is facing blame for the recent rise in COVID-19 case numbers, despite his valiant effort telling the new cases to “tone it down a bit, if you don’t mind.”

“When we decided to lift capacity limits, I said to Covid, I said, ‘Please don’t let the numbers go up! You don’t have to go lower, people are used to hundreds a day – but don’t go any higher.’” Ford shook his head sadly, continuing, “And then, it did the opposite! Even though it knew that would make me sad!”

“They say Covid is highly contagious – you know what else should be contagious? Courtesy,” he added with a sniff.

Ford has reportedly had it up to here with the rising cases, especially after he was generous enough to not make vaccines mandatory for health care workers. Staffers confirmed the Premier was at the top of his diplomatic game while speaking to the virus, offering it not only a very pretty please but an additional 10-15 cherries on top. Sources close to Ford say this is the first time anyone has resisted his legendary charm, so he’s a bit shaken.

“I was extra firm when I opened the schools,” Ford said. “I looked Covid in the eye and I pointed at those kids running around without masks and I said, ‘Pleeeeease staaaahp infecting them! Those aren’t for you, those are for the workforce!’ I couldn’t have been more of a gentleman.”

As the 7-day average continues to rise, Ford has reportedly been heard referring to the pandemic as a “party pooper.”. The Ontario science advisory table provided Ford with a number of concrete suggestions for how to lower cases in other ways, but he instead offered the pandemic full ownership of the green belt in exchange for a nice, level plateau.

Images have begun circulating of Ford pinky-swearing with Covid, prompting criticism that he is going too easy on the pandemic and that he negotiates like a meek home-schooled child.

“People are saying Doug is soft on Covid, but he set firm boundaries! Unlike the firm borders the feds failed to maintain,” lamented Toronto resident and self-proclaimed Fordhead Mitchell Eachmen. “If setting expectations and then taking no further action when those expectations aren’t met doesn’t count as ‘sufficient medical precautions,’ well then maybe I don’t believe in medicine or caution.”

With case numbers still refusing to lower, Ford has announced he will be attempting a different tactic. “I recently learned from Reddit about this thing called Negging. Now, I’m starting my negotiations by telling Covid it looks tired and asking if it ‘had its boyfriend’s help’ starting a global pandemic.”

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
I think only flight ban and travel restrictions will happen.
Other than that IRCC will keep progressing with its goal to clear backlog.
They cannot afford to go back all the way at this point.
*Not they. We. We cannot afford to go back all the way at this point. They'll happily continue with inland only. I really hope they just continue with the processing of applications. Force the $3000 dollar mandatory quarantine on all incoming travelers if need be, but please continue processing. Surely 2 years of Covid have taught people that we're going to have to live with it, it's not going anywhere.

Marco Mendicino

Star Member
Nov 25, 2021
Ottawa
NOC Code......
MBS and Frankfurt SFM are no way lesser than any Canadian MBA, might be a shade better.

Actually, now you spoke of it : https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/mba-rankings/global/2021

MBS is at 39 and FSFM at 42.

UoT is only Canadian univ in top 50 MBA at 45.
Buddy, I'm speaking from common sense. If someone hears, UofT, British columbia or Mcgill, the associated reputation is a lot higher than whatever German institution you are mentioning. That is how the world is

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Asking for a sub. Can you copy the text here?
# **The pandemic exposed Canada’s inefficient immigration system. It needs to be scrapped and rebuilt **

by: DOUG SAUNDERS
via The Globe and Mail | November 26, 2021

#Opinion

For a surgeon who had been risking his life in pandemic-hit Canadian hospitals performing organ transplants, the April 14 invitation was a welcome gift. Despite his highly sought-after, life-saving skills and the risks he was taking to do his job, he’d so far had no pathway to becoming Canadian.

Then Marco Mendicino, the immigration minister at the time, announced that Canada would give permanent residency, and thus eventually citizenship, to 90,000 immigrants, refugees and foreign students currently living here on temporary visas and mostly doing in-person jobs deemed “essential.”

It was one part of a broad goal, announced earlier this year, to meet an ambitious target of 401,000 new Canadians in 2021, despite then-closed borders, mainly by drawing on the huge number of people already living and working here.

It sounds good – but the pandemic months have taught us that Canada does not have the immigration system to deliver it.

Almost immediately after that announcement, those invitations collided with a bureaucracy – including a Byzantine and outdated set of federal and provincial immigration rules – that all but prevented those worthy goals from becoming realities.

The transplant doctor soon noticed. He had been slowly accumulating points under Canada’s main immigration system, known as Express Entry, which grants points for things such as education and language fluency and requires full-time work experience in Canada. (Surgeons are classified as self-employed, so have a harder time earning those points.)

While the invitation was a gift, the rules all but prevented him from accepting it. His application – which had to be begun afresh, with no relationship to the existing paper trail of his Express Entry application – had to be personally submitted at a specific time on a weekday. This hours-long procedure on a newly created and deeply dysfunctional and crash-prone web portal was nearly impossible for a working surgeon. For some reason it forbade lawyers and immigration agents from helping, and reportedly barred applicants from working during the application process, which could drag on for months.

The long-standing rules also required him to submit the results of a fluency test in English or French. His language skills weren’t in doubt – you can’t be a high-level surgeon without them – but the testing centres had weeks-long delays, and the minister’s invitation had an hours-long application window.

Many people filed applications without the language test, hoping it could be added informally later. Months later, they found their claims were rejected without any communication from the department, and the whole system had to start again. It was an ordeal for a privileged surgeon; for the nurses and home-care workers for whom the program was intended, it was far worse.

“In 25 years of practice I have never seen the client service as poor as it is now,” says Barbara Jo Caruso, the surgeon’s immigration lawyer. “I think there is a fundamental disconnect right now. … The department needs to change the way front-line workers work, so they can be facilitative and solve problems by making a call. Otherwise they’re wasting enormous amounts of human resources doing the same things over and over.”

The major problem, says Andrew Griffith, a former director-general of Canada’s immigration department, is “not understanding the service needs of the target population.”

In essence, Ottawa is trying to force a growth-oriented policy through a haphazard, enormously complex and often uncommunicative set of provincial and federal bureaucracies that were constructed over the last five decades to restrict immigration and control numbers, and to administer a range of often contradictory immigration programs.

The result has been chaotic. Even though experienced front-line health workers ought to be the most desirable new Canadians, Ottawa was not able to come close to its target of 20,000 of them – after the deadline passed this summer, only 7,155 had reportedly been able to get their names on the list. Tens of thousands more simply could not manage to apply.

Other invitations suffered the opposite problem: The target of 40,000 student-visa holders who’ve completed their degrees was met in fewer than two days. Then a computer failure reportedly caused thousands more to be let into the system in a mess of false messaging and panicked confusion, so Ottawa had to give another 7,300 applicants admission.

Despite its high annual immigration targets (which will continue to rise), Canada has become notorious for its inability to turn people into immigrants and citizens without years of unnecessary delay and reams of procedures that can’t be navigated without a lawyer – even if you’re a nanny earning less than minimum wage. Ottawa currently says it has 1.8 million immigration applications stuck in the queue, many lost on the desks of an understaffed and overburdened public service.

A new Immigration Minister, Sean Fraser, was appointed by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau a few weeks ago. He ought to have one job: to scrap and rebuild the entire system, reducing the off-putting hodgepodge of outda ted programs and procedures with a single, understandable and sensible immigration pathway for all applicants that actually serves the country’s needs. If nothing else, the pandemic months have taught us that we need to start afresh.

D

Deleted member 1050918

# **The pandemic exposed Canada’s inefficient immigration system. It needs to be scrapped and rebuilt **

by: DOUG SAUNDERS
via The Globe and Mail | November 26, 2021

#Opinion

For a surgeon who had been risking his life in pandemic-hit Canadian hospitals performing organ transplants, the April 14 invitation was a welcome gift. Despite his highly sought-after, life-saving skills and the risks he was taking to do his job, he’d so far had no pathway to becoming Canadian.

Then Marco Mendicino, the immigration minister at the time, announced that Canada would give permanent residency, and thus eventually citizenship, to 90,000 immigrants, refugees and foreign students currently living here on temporary visas and mostly doing in-person jobs deemed “essential.”

It was one part of a broad goal, announced earlier this year, to meet an ambitious target of 401,000 new Canadians in 2021, despite then-closed borders, mainly by drawing on the huge number of people already living and working here.

It sounds good – but the pandemic months have taught us that Canada does not have the immigration system to deliver it.

Almost immediately after that announcement, those invitations collided with a bureaucracy – including a Byzantine and outdated set of federal and provincial immigration rules – that all but prevented those worthy goals from becoming realities.

The transplant doctor soon noticed. He had been slowly accumulating points under Canada’s main immigration system, known as Express Entry, which grants points for things such as education and language fluency and requires full-time work experience in Canada. (Surgeons are classified as self-employed, so have a harder time earning those points.)

While the invitation was a gift, the rules all but prevented him from accepting it. His application – which had to be begun afresh, with no relationship to the existing paper trail of his Express Entry application – had to be personally submitted at a specific time on a weekday. This hours-long procedure on a newly created and deeply dysfunctional and crash-prone web portal was nearly impossible for a working surgeon. For some reason it forbade lawyers and immigration agents from helping, and reportedly barred applicants from working during the application process, which could drag on for months.

The long-standing rules also required him to submit the results of a fluency test in English or French. His language skills weren’t in doubt – you can’t be a high-level surgeon without them – but the testing centres had weeks-long delays, and the minister’s invitation had an hours-long application window.

Many people filed applications without the language test, hoping it could be added informally later. Months later, they found their claims were rejected without any communication from the department, and the whole system had to start again. It was an ordeal for a privileged surgeon; for the nurses and home-care workers for whom the program was intended, it was far worse.

“In 25 years of practice I have never seen the client service as poor as it is now,” says Barbara Jo Caruso, the surgeon’s immigration lawyer. “I think there is a fundamental disconnect right now. … The department needs to change the way front-line workers work, so they can be facilitative and solve problems by making a call. Otherwise they’re wasting enormous amounts of human resources doing the same things over and over.”

The major problem, says Andrew Griffith, a former director-general of Canada’s immigration department, is “not understanding the service needs of the target population.”

In essence, Ottawa is trying to force a growth-oriented policy through a haphazard, enormously complex and often uncommunicative set of provincial and federal bureaucracies that were constructed over the last five decades to restrict immigration and control numbers, and to administer a range of often contradictory immigration programs.

The result has been chaotic. Even though experienced front-line health workers ought to be the most desirable new Canadians, Ottawa was not able to come close to its target of 20,000 of them – after the deadline passed this summer, only 7,155 had reportedly been able to get their names on the list. Tens of thousands more simply could not manage to apply.

Other invitations suffered the opposite problem: The target of 40,000 student-visa holders who’ve completed their degrees was met in fewer than two days. Then a computer failure reportedly caused thousands more to be let into the system in a mess of false messaging and panicked confusion, so Ottawa had to give another 7,300 applicants admission.

Despite its high annual immigration targets (which will continue to rise), Canada has become notorious for its inability to turn people into immigrants and citizens without years of unnecessary delay and reams of procedures that can’t be navigated without a lawyer – even if you’re a nanny earning less than minimum wage. Ottawa currently says it has 1.8 million immigration applications stuck in the queue, many lost on the desks of an understaffed and overburdened public service.

A new Immigration Minister, Sean Fraser, was appointed by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau a few weeks ago. He ought to have one job: to scrap and rebuild the entire system, reducing the off-putting hodgepodge of outda ted programs and procedures with a single, understandable and sensible immigration pathway for all applicants that actually serves the country’s needs. If nothing else, the pandemic months have taught us that we need to start afresh.
Thanks. I've read the comments in the meantime, very good comments too. Canada completely repelled skilled immigrants in 2020 and 2021 and is becoming a total low skill shithole now.