FSW WORLDWIDE

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hi guys, I am a FSW outlander. I found this in

my notes. Anyone knows what does it mean?

Pages were withheld according to section 16(2)(c)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yx1n68p0cgsehsl/1636293345649.jpg?dl=0
Nothing to be bothered about. i think it's something related to the security / procedures. Someone else who knows this well will respond to you.

you may see that some sections or even entire pages of the file are blank. When this happens it means that certain information has been redacted from your file. In such cases you will see s15, s16 or s19 in the top right hand corner of the file. The following explains what it means and if you should be concerned about it.

Section 16 Law enforcement and investigations
  • 16 (1)The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Part that contains
    • (a)information obtained or prepared by any government institution, or part of any government institution, that is an investigative body specified in the regulations in the course of lawful investigations pertaining to
      • (i) the detection, prevention or suppression of crime,
      • (ii) the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province, or
      • (iii) activities suspected of constituting threats to the security of Canada within the meaning of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act,if the record came into existence less than twenty years prior to the request;
    • (b) information relating to investigative techniques or plans for specific lawful investigations;
    • (c)information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information
      • (i) relating to the existence or nature of a particular investigation,
      • (ii) that would reveal the identity of a confidential source of information, or
      • (iii) that was obtained or prepared in the course of an investigation; or
    • (d) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the security of penal institutions.
  • Security (2)The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Part that contains information that could reasonably be expected to facilitate the commission of an offence, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information
    • (a) on criminal methods or techniques;
    • (b) that is technical information relating to weapons or potential weapons; or
    • (c) on the vulnerability of particular buildings or other structures or systems, including computer or communication systems, or methods employed to protect such buildings or other structures or systems.
  • Policing services for provinces or municipalities (3) The head of a government institution shall refuse to disclose any record requested under this Part that contains information that was obtained or prepared by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police while performing policing services for a province or municipality pursuant to an arrangement made under section 20 of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act, where the Government of Canada has, on the request of the province or municipality agreed not to disclose such information.

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
I ain't briish. and yes a british passport is better than the us and ca, the only reason i came to the pool is that i just want a change in the location for a while, maybe 3-5 years.

.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. .
I think for 3-5 years Canada will be good. US is a great option but the problem is if you fall in love with US and if you really want to stay here, it might not work,Canada you don't have to worry about that.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I think for 3-5 years Canada will be good. US is a great option but the problem is if you fall in love with US and if you really want to stay here, it might not work,Canada you don't have to worry about that.
I will only be a tourist in the US, never will i consider living there. It's nice and peaceful in canada and england.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Just curious, have you been to Canada before?

Omarhafez89m

Jan 1, 2020
Nothing to be bothered about. i think it's something related to the security / procedures. Someone else who knows this well will respond to you.

you may see that some sections or even entire pages of the file are blank. When this happens it means that certain information has been redacted from your file. In such cases you will see s15, s16 or s19 in the top right hand corner of the file. The following explains what it means and if you should be concerned about it.

Section 16 Law enforcement and investigations
  • 16 (1)The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Part that contains
    • (a)information obtained or prepared by any government institution, or part of any government institution, that is an investigative body specified in the regulations in the course of lawful investigations pertaining to
      • (i) the detection, prevention or suppression of crime,
      • (ii) the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province, or
      • (iii) activities suspected of constituting threats to the security of Canada within the meaning of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act,if the record came into existence less than twenty years prior to the request;
    • (b) information relating to investigative techniques or plans for specific lawful investigations;
    • (c)information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information
      • (i) relating to the existence or nature of a particular investigation,
      • (ii) that would reveal the identity of a confidential source of information, or
      • (iii) that was obtained or prepared in the course of an investigation; or
    • (d) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the security of penal institutions.
  • Security (2)The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Part that contains information that could reasonably be expected to facilitate the commission of an offence, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information
    • (a) on criminal methods or techniques;
    • (b) that is technical information relating to weapons or potential weapons; or
    • (c) on the vulnerability of particular buildings or other structures or systems, including computer or communication systems, or methods employed to protect such buildings or other structures or systems.
  • Policing services for provinces or municipalities (3) The head of a government institution shall refuse to disclose any record requested under this Part that contains information that was obtained or prepared by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police while performing policing services for a province or municipality pursuant to an arrangement made under section 20 of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act, where the Government of Canada has, on the request of the province or municipality agreed not to disclose such information.
Thank you man appreciate it. But reading the description of these laws makes me even more concerned lol. Thanks anyway

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It's not only about money. They get other benefits from immigration, otherwise they wouldn't take immigrants. But money is part of the equation. At the end of the day, they take our money and our time in exchange for a service that is not what's advertised.
BTW, I didn't call it a scam, at least not in any recent post. I called it false advertising.

I didn't say it should be a guarantee for each applicant. If you tell me that the pass rate for an exam is 90% after taking your awesome online course, you don't guarantee me that I will pass the exam, but if the actual pass rate is not as advertised, you're just lying to lure more students or to avoid losing credibility.
IRCC's estimate is a bad estimate and they know it.
That's true, i won't argue with that. It's not a real estimate.

Everyone knows most people are not getting their applications approved in 6 months.

What's worse is, the 6 month timeline could be for new applicants whereas the old ones are still stuck in the system.

This is where i agree that the targets become part of the issue, they're trying to get so many people through the door, they're not focusing enough on quality of service to existing applicants. This is a fair criticism that i don't really have a rebuttal for.

Because most countries reduced immigration during the pandemic, i'm not sure why the target went up for Canada. It's clear the service reductions and delays were foreseeable.

TR to PR only compounded that, and most of the people who were invited even through ITAs in the pool had rock bottom scores. Why not wait to make it fair for everyone in the pool?

Logically, they should have accepted reducing their targets over this period, then started ramping up slowly as things got better.

Last edited:
Reactions: wonderbly