Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
if i am right i think i came across the term - "degree mills" from a news media pointing out the low quality education in Canadian colleges. Probably in a report by Marketplace YT or globalnews.ca
Dude the term “degree mill” was coined by me

D

Deleted member 1006777

@mushymush I totally get what you mean by degree mills handing out useless degrees. It’s evident from this guy’s response who is educated in Canada but can’t even use correct grammar to articulate his point.
Haha he also doesn't know what the word 'entail' means or how to use it in a sentence xD

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Then it's diploma mill. I heard / read this word in a news video and also from a news report =/ probably 2 years ago
lol I was kidding about it having been coined by me.

Yeah probably.

• Haha
Reactions: dankboi
D

Deleted member 1006777

I really like the new Immigration Minister Sean Fraser.

Hoping for the best now !
Based on what? I've see nothing to indicate anything in the realm of transparency or FSW draws. He does look less slimy than mendi, but I wouldn't base my judgement on that haha

• Haha
Reactions: dankboi

ElvisRamaj

Apr 26, 2021
Tirana, AL
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Based on what? I've see nothing to indicate anything in the realm of transparency or FSW draws. He does look less slimy than mendi, but I wouldn't base my judgement on that haha
Well, you know the appearance tells a lot for someone, plus the fact that he is 37 years old, gives me the impression that he will better understand immigration.

Almost the whole immigration system of canada is based at attracting young, talented individuals that are basically in the process of creating a family or just started, so being a young man plays a great role in that department. Especially with the waiting times, being in the dark for whats happening to files, how the immigration process will go on, etc.

So, as I said, hoping for the best :)

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Looking at the mandate letters for immigration for Mendicino in 2019 and then the supplemental letter in Jan 2021(due to covid), the actions taken by IRCC were pretty spelled out. While in 2019 their focus was skilled immigrants and reducing backlog, in Jan their focus became TR, essential workers, and following health minister’s wishes. In both cases, the yearly goal was important. I guess we’ll have some idea what’s in store once the new mandate comes in. If there is nothing on backlog or skilled workers, then it’s best to move on. Mandate letters usually come in after throne speech, which will happen Nov 22. So I imagine nothing will change until then.
Yes. Let this be the final thing to look forward to. I’m sick and tired of tying hope to each event and the goalposts always keep moving!

Reactions: mnukkiral

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Yes. Let this be the final thing to look forward to. I’m sick and tired of tying hope to each event and the goalposts always keep moving!
https://pm.gc.ca/en/mandate-letters

then they're published here. everyone should check here quite often so we get the updates. Now I'm checking this page every time i wake up.
time check 8.45am

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Yes, JT and MM should’ve been examples of never to go by the faces. Only time can tell how the new minister will be

travelloverz

Feb 1, 2021
Some of you here have written to mendishite during his time in office when you were frustrated. While that did hardly anything, who’s to say the new cabinet will have the same indifference. The new minister would look to make some positive changes after all. Let’s shoot our shot. I encourage everyone who can to write to them explaining our situation and worries and hope this issue gets pushed to some action
Agree, drafting an email to his office now.

I feel with IRCC it’s like this: if you don’t make a bit of noise you don’t matter. It was obv not his mandate, but Fraser needs to know we are not happy with the status quo. Otherwise I’m affraid we’re gonna be the very last on the priority list for years to come.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Agree, drafting an email to his office now.

I feel with IRCC it’s like this: if you don’t make a bit of noise you don’t matter. It was obv not his mandate, but Fraser needs to know we are not happy with the status quo. Otherwise I’m affraid we’re gonna be the very last on the priority list for years to come.
The status quo never changes: Meet the annual targets. The ever incompetent MM wanted to claim the "I met the annual goals despite the pandemic" trophy like @Jaycejay said so he fucked us all over for 2 years. The new minister will most likely have to prioritize meeting the annual goals too, but there's no pandemic now so we can only hope 2022 is better.