Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
There was a webinar by IRCC for Hong Kong just now. I asked in the Q&A session, if all program draw will resume soon. The host answered quite confidently: "Yes, hopefully very soon. But that's dependent on Covid."

No other info is given...and yes, they are still using covid as the reason/excuse whatever you call it. But i guess this is still a good news. ;)
But that's dependent on Covid.

• Haha
Reactions: shank15

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
To all those people who claim the Canadian immigration does not owe us anything: For sure they do not owe us anything, but I have spent a considerable amount of money and energy for getting into the pool due to one clear statement made by IRCC on their website: We pick up highest scored candidates through rounds of invitations.

I have calculated my point and realized I am eligible to receive an ITA based on that. But since the last 9 months, without a single word of explanation, they have been inviting those with a CRS score of 350-400 while there were people waiting in the pool with scores above 470-480. Therefore their actions were completely in contrary to the words mentioned on their website.

If I have been told that hey, we decided that the FSW pathway is a stupid immigration option that does not benefit our country, I had absolutely no problem and would simply continue investing in other options. Yes, this is their country and they set the rules. But why not tell people that rules are chnaged before they waste loads of money and energy???
IRCC hasn’t released any statement becoz they haven’t stopped FSW, not yet at least. It’s all speculative stuff.

D

Deleted member 1050918

Hasn't done me any good whatsoever. But yeah I agree, it can't be bad to learn french. Just keep expectations realistic and understand that eventually it could be all for nothing.
Trust me dude you saved your skin when you aced that French test. Worst that might happen is the wait gets longer and it gets even more annoying than it already is but you're pretty much safe from anything CRS related. Like you can afford to lose age points (since this bullshit won't last longer than a year), and you're still safe in a case where Canadian degrees they sell get CRS buff along with Canadian experience. What you're not safe from is the annoyance of the wait but rest assured you will immigrate to Canada in 2022. All must sit down and start studying French right about now.

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
People like to bash on IRCC here. But I couldn’t find any country in the world that has a more rational, transparent and streamlined immigration process.
Australia is currently taking 2-3 years to process PR applications at the moment and have stopped the invitation rounds without any statement and no one is complaining.
People involved in Australian immigration PR process have already reached the stage 5 of grief - Acceptance.

We people following Canadian immigration are still on stage 2 of grief - Anger.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Trust me dude you saved your skin when you aced that French test. Worst that might happen is the wait gets longer and it gets even more annoying than it already is but you're pretty much safe from anything CRS related. Like you can afford to lose age points (since this bullshit won't last longer than a year), and you're still safe in a case where Canadian degrees they sell get CRS buff along with Canadian experience. What you're not safe from is the annoyance of the wait but rest assured you will immigrate to Canada in 2022. All must sit down and start studying French right about now.
I honestly think I will have to retake the french exam by the time I actually get an ITA, whether it be through the study route or otherwise. But yeah, French still is the quickest way to boost your CRS score. The only issue currently is that CRS scores don't actually matter anymore.

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah.. and if somehow covid magically disappears from the world or something they can still say "But that's dependent on Afghanistan situation".

I don't know, I'd expect them to be more creative at least. Can't they think of a more bullshit excuse to not to work? "Due to global warming we can't process FSW-O files" , "we can't process those files without discussing the immigration system with each and every indigenous tribe in Canada", "we need to get the approval of lgbt, blm, visible minoritys' approval before we continue finalizing outland files"... I don't know man.. they can try to be more creative at least. :mad:

Reactions: Lc4life and RSub

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
I honestly think I will have to retake the french exam by the time I actually get an ITA, whether it be through the study route or otherwise. But yeah, French still is the quickest way to boost your CRS score. The only issue currently is that CRS scores don't actually matter anymore.
You're trying to add French language into your currrent skillset to get close to 500 CRS while you already highly likely have at least 3 years of professional experience, a master's degree, a mindblowing IELTS result, but sorry Canada is busy issuing PPRs for 75 CRS unqualified grandpas via CEC program.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lc4life

arbutuscult

Star Member
Sep 16, 2021
You're trying to add French language into your currrent skillset to get close to 500 CRS, while you already highly likely have at least 3 years of professional experience, a master's degree, a mindblowing IELTS result, Canada is busy issuing PPRs for 75 CRS unqualified grandpas via CEC program.
Lol that 75 cutoff draw was quite something. I had no idea it was mathematically possible to have 75 crs while being eligible for express entry.

• Haha
Reactions: Glaber

OneStepAtATime

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
SEA
Category........
FSW
Received my TEF results today, went from 455 to 523. Now I truly feel like I belong to the waiting for ITA crowd lol. If for some reason that proves to be insufficient, I'll be at 542 in June upon reaching 3 years of skilled work experience, and in August I'll be able to use a new NOC of 2175. Fingers crossed!

D

Deleted member 1050918

Easier said lol. The impatientKangaroo I knew a month back would never say this hahaha.
Because folk here don't wanna consider Germany lol. I'd much rather study German and go to Germany but if one insists on Canada (given no FSW) and is so stressed about these events then it's good to start now than later mate. And like I said it won't even come to French, 475+ will always be safe, I mean probably.

Reactions: Jaycejay
D

Deleted member 1006777

Received my TEF results today, went from 455 to 523. Now I truly feel like I belong to the waiting for ITA crowd lol. If for some reason that proves to be insufficient, I'll be at 542 in June upon reaching 3 years of skilled work experience, and in August I'll be able to use a new NOC of 2175. Fingers crossed!
You did better than me in TEF it looks like xD
I went from 456-521. Where you got those 3 extra points huh?

Reactions: OneStepAtATime