Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Even after getting an ITA, I have always been worried that I'd not pass eligibility. Go check the description for 2148 ("Other Engineers"). It's a bunch of different occupations that don't exactly match my work, but I made it work. While other NOCs have long lists of bullet points to match the job descriptions, I had 3 lines which don't exactly match anything. This NOC code isn't ever getting picked by a PNP, and I've had to accept that I have no choice but to roll the dice and hope I pass eligibility. NOC specific draws or a new NOC system sounds pretty bad to me (for my situation specifically. I can see why it's better for Canada as a whole though).
Passing Eligibility is not that big of a deal if you're not worried about the waiting time. It's very rare that the eligibility is failed.

CannyTheCunny

Sep 15, 2021
just watched that part.... it is extremely specific for mere speculation on her part. So they will create another NOC skill level which will affect mostly people inside NOC B, is that it? also that Training Education and Experience Responsibilities system... but still, she mentions this would be implemented from now till may 2022
The TEER seems interesting. Feels like they are about to go the Australian way where job experience has to match education. Crazy times looming.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Completion of a university degree (bachelor's, master's or doctorate);
or
Previous experience and expertise in subject matter knowledge from a related occupation found in TEER 2 (when applicable). This means your education has to match your job profile.

upon

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2020
Winnipeg
just watched that part.... it is extremely specific for mere speculation on her part. So they will create another NOC skill level which will affect mostly people inside NOC B, is that it? also that Training Education and Experience Responsibilities system... but still, she mentions this would be implemented from now till may 2022
It will be implemented this year according g to official source
https://www.statcan.gc.ca/eng/subjects/standard/noc/notice/nor-2021

D

Deleted member 1050918

not at all, education has to match jobs i think.
I am an engineer and haven't met a single engineer who didn't have an engineering degree. You cannot be employed anywhere in STEM without a (matching) STEM degree. And STEM does not include software or IT; I'm aware that software and IT people come from various backgrounds but it is not the case in STEM occupations.

So I'm saying that, for STEM people, their education already match their jobs.

Reactions: RSub

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I am an engineer and haven't met a single engineer who didn't have an engineering degree. You cannot be employed anywhere in STEM without a (matching) STEM degree. And STEM does not include software or IT; I'm aware that software and IT people come from various backgrounds but it is not the case in STEM occupations.

So I'm saying that, for STEM people, their education already match their jobs.
But if you are claiming points as a software engineer but your highest degree is an MBA that would be an issue here.