+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
IRCC has nearly doubled the number of Invitations to Apply (ITAs) issued year-over-year. So far in 2021, IRCC has sent out 106,414 ITAs. With more invitations comes a higher chance that IRCC will admit its target of 108,500 newcomers through the Express Entry system in 2021.

IRCC can do fine if from here on there's only biweekly PNP draws. Thats it for this year, folks...
Another misconception of ITA vs. landed immigrants. lol.

Reactions: Haku13

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Last edited:

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Still makes no difference on the misconception. Last year they were way below their target landings.
Last year was def an outlier. BUT it's not uncommon for ITAs to fall way below the targets, rather than the other way round... If I were IRCC I'll look at the enormous difference (thar chart for example) and give myself a pat on the back for doing such a great job lol

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
The high number of ITAs already this time of year is due to the big CEC draw. That draw was done to cover lack of demand in other categories. Last quarter ITAs are almost always for landings on the following year. If you ignore the big CEC draw, then we are behind in express entry ITAs. You need to stop trying to fit pre pandemic processing into pandemic processing. Their total target is over 400k and not 100k. They will not make that target if they try to keep the regular distribution, because other categories are lacking. 27k draw and TR to PR were attempts to cover that gap, so they are exceptions.

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Well, I'm not sure if there's spillover rules for CAN immigration like US' green card country caps...Can't tell at least from the bar/line chart. I certainly hope I'm wrong but again, I'll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: Lc4life

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
Well, I'm not sure if there's spillover rules for CAN immigration like US' green card country caps...Can't tell at least from the bar/line chart. I certainly hope I'm wrong but again, I'll believe it when I see it.
It won’t use spillover. The PR distribution is not set in stone, it’s an attempted distribution, that they failed. An example of this is that they created the 2 exceptions to try to meet the target landings. The only real PR numbers is the total yearly cap of 400k, which in 7 months they haven’t even distributed half of that. It’s not like the US GC system where there are different pools and the numbers only go to a different pool if they aren’t used in the year. Canada has one big pool, and they can mix and match to reach it.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Source: https://www.cicnews.com/2021/09/express-entry-canada-invites-635-pnp-candidates-0919052.html

Also check out the chart. Oh, this one as well for a better perspective...
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/11/express-entry-4500-itas-issued-in-new-draw-1116152.html

What makes you think the no. of ITAs will significantly exceed that of annual targets, be it landed immigrants or not?
Dude if I don't get ITA this year, you won't get your ppr as well. Just saying.

za_skrub

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
It won’t use spillover. The PR distribution is not set in stone, it’s an attempted distribution, that they failed. An example of this is that they created the 2 exceptions to try to meet the target landings. The only real PR numbers is the total yearly cap of 400k, which in 7 months they haven’t even distributed half of that. It’s not like the US GC system where there are different pools and the numbers only go to a different pool if they aren’t used in the year. Canada has one big pool, and they can mix and match to reach it.
I struggle to see why they'd be so dead set on actually reaching the goal, even more so w/ needing to redistribute the quotas...But yeah, having some hope helps.