+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

lokidoki

Star Member
Aug 20, 2021
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2021
there's also tons of accounts on twitter, some of them even trying to sign petitions to resume FSW draws.
i think all of these groups and forums are no more than just a means of killing the waiting time - no new information there.

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Copied from FB group. because I feel lazy to post pictures here. Check out this FB group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1224891921290179/
"Hello all - hope you're staying safe during these uncertain times.
I am migrating using an agent, and he provided me some news that might hearten all of you.
The government has told the IRCC to process all outland backlogs as soon as possible and provide 200,000 COPRs by the end of this year.
Secondly, Canada wants 500,000 migrants by 2023, so there will be a speeding up of immigration efforts by the government, irrespective of the election results.
Thirdly, the main reason there are no FSW draws right now is not primarily because of the pandemic. It is because the existing backlog has to be cleared before new ITAs and draws for FSW candidates can be issued.
Chin up, people! The light is at the end of the tunnel. Let us all wait and be grateful for all we have, because there are people in a far worse situation than ours."
I fail to see the point of having no draws due to backlog issues when CEC/PNP draws are still happening every 2 weeks (ok they are inviting less grandpas each draw but still...)

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
I fail to see the point of having no draws due to backlog issues when CEC/PNP draws are still happening every 2 weeks (ok they are inviting less grandpas each draw but still...)
Ah that reminded me of February 13 CEC draw of this year. The minimum score was 75 and basically everyone in Canada got an ITA at that time. I want to write rest of this post as how cicnews.com would have written it. So here you go:

Who was invited?
Here is a hypothetical example of someone who may have been invited in the new Express Entry draw.

Eduardo is a 51 years old with a primary school diploma and he had been working as a cleaner until his boss fired him for constantly sleeping at his job, and not showing up on some days of the week. He wrote the IELTS and scored a 3.5 in listening and a 2.5 in every other category. He doesn't work nowadays, and still using the pandemic aid paid by Canadian government. Eduardo entered the Express Entry pool with a score of 120, and after getting his ITA on February 13 draw he concluded that he's over qualified for Canada since the minimum score was 75. However he is happy with the recent changes in the immigration system as he doesn't need to leave his basement for his landing process anymore. He thinks borders should be kept closed for a few years so that all those doctors, engineers, accountants, developers can stay out of Canada. After all, we're in a pandemic and Eduardo doesn't want those qualified people to take all the jobs in Canada. He says: "IRCC should prioritize who're already in Canada, since we're paying taxes and all those outlanders won't pay any taxes when they make it to Canada!... uh .. they do pay taxes as well? ¡Esto es una mierda! "

HopelessBR

Star Member
Mar 18, 2020
Brazil
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
From the liberal party platform released today : https://liberal.ca/wp-content/uploads/sites/292/2021/09/Platform-Forward-For-Everyone.pdf

(Page 32)

A re-elected Liberal government will:
• Reform economic immigration programs to expand pathways to Permanent Residence for temporary foreign workers and former international students through the Express Entry points system.
looks like those pathways they created this year will be permanent... most likely open from time to time

Reactions: Lc4life