+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

JazzKang

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
T
Make it clear in your study visa app that if somehow your EE app is declined, you will abide by the law and leave Canada by the date indicated on your study visa.

If you have the ability to obtain LMIA, why not do it now? Can't that employer offer you a position, start the LMIA process, have you in Canada on a closed work permit?
And thnkxx for replying.

D

Deleted member 1050918

They applied once (last year)but got a mail from immigration to hire from within the country as that time pandemic just hit and borders were closed. So they had to take a step back so that we don't get it declined as that would be an issue afterwards to apply again. Till everything is not normalised over there, I don't want to take any risk. Once I get over there, I can get that over there. And moreover An accounting specialization diploma will help me in my further job perspectives. I'm just a bit sceptical about study visa acceptance rate right now.
The last thing I heard was IRCC is inclined to deny study visa apps if the student has the ability to start their program online. Not sure how true that is. If you're sure that diploma will help your career in Canada, by all means go for it. Also if it is guaranteed that you'll get your job offer and LMIA before finishing your program, then you probably won't have to live like a rat or a dog in Canada (most grad students literally live like dogs; personal experience) Will you be self-funding your studies? (I guess you will since most profs won't be willing to give you a stipend because you'll be employed by another company during your studies)

JazzKang

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
The last thing I heard was IRCC is inclined to deny study visa apps if the student has the ability to start their program online. Not sure how true that is. If you're sure that diploma will help your career in Canada, by all means go for it. Also if it is guaranteed that you'll get your job offer and LMIA before finishing your program, then you probably won't have to live like a rat or a dog in Canada (most grad students literally live like dogs; personal experience) Will you be self-funding your studies? (I guess you will since most profs won't be willing to give you a stipend because you'll be employed by another company during your studies)
Yes! I will be funding my studies on my own. My family will be helping with that.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Even if the Liberals survive this rigmarole, Trudeau won’t. His political career is very precarious right now, hanging on a string
This is just shocking. MM was also twitting to stop that anger and just vote I think people are just fed up at this stage with their government. It look like they will not recover from this

3L1C

Jul 26, 2021
My CRS is 473. CLB 9 on writing and CLB10 on the rest. Do you think I should take IELTS again and try to get 3 more CRS points? Or should I wait until the first FSW draw in September (if there is one), and see what the cutoff score is and number of invitations is like?

What would you do if you were me?

*already got 5 points deducted because of my age, CRS will not go down further until next August.

Reactions: Jaycejay

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
This is just shocking. MM was also twitting to stop that anger and just vote I think people are just fed up at this stage with their government. It look like they will not recover from this
It’s because they lied and achieved nothing. Calling the election at this time was manipulative and people don’t like to feel used

D

Deleted member 1050918

Yes! I will be funding my studies on my own. My family will be helping with that.
Sounds good. I suggest you look up how much apartments (1 bedroom or studio) cost in the city you are planning to move to on various websites. Rent is the biggest expense in Canada and your financial plans will revolve around how much rent you need to pay. By knowing how much rent you'd need to pay, you get a good idea on how much money you'd need in a month to live comfortably. If you're older than 28-29 I recommend against staying in a shared house. Canadian houses look so pretty from the outside but if it is a shared house, the inside is a totally different world. Get a studio or a 1 bedroom; save yourself the stress. Also go look up your tuition.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
My CRS is 473. CLB 9 on writing and CLB10 on the rest. Do you think I should take IELTS again and try to get 3 more CRS points? Or should I wait until the first FSW draw in September (if there is one), and see what the cutoff score is and number of invitations is like?

What would you do if you were me?

*already got 5 points deducted because of my age, CRS will not go down further until next August.
Don’t rewrite. Once FSW resumes you will definitely get invited after 4-5 draws of 5000

Reactions: Tristan-XI and 3L1C

JazzKang

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
Sounds good. I suggest you look up how much apartments (1 bedroom or studio) cost in the city you are planning to move to on various websites. Rent is the biggest expense in Canada and your financial plans will revolve around how much rent you need to pay. By knowing how much rent you'd need to pay, you get a good idea on how much money you'd need in a month to live comfortably. If you're older than 28-29 I recommend against staying in a shared house. Canadian houses look so pretty from the outside but if it is a shared house, the inside is a totally different world. Get a studio or a 1 bedroom; save yourself the stress. Also go look up your tuition.
Thankxx mate! Right now just want to get my visa approved as I’m planning to apply for offer letter in a few days now. Accommodation over there is all set up as I have friends over there. So just landing over there is the issue, everything else is sorted out. Just don't want both of these ( EE and student visa) to clash as it's been 3-4 years now since I have been planning (kind of struggling) to get there.