+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
If it'll be your first time landing in Canada with zero Canadian experience, it won't matter too much since the time frame you gave is only 3 months long. You'll most likely need to spend up to 6-12 months to find your first job. As you see, starting the job search sooner is always better. So land as soon as you can.

Also remember that some professions are regulated in Canada (like engineering), which means you're going to need a certificate from the corresponding Canadian body. For engineering, it takes at least 4 months (even for citizens) to get any sort of certificate and you're at a disadvantage until you get your certificate. Again, landing late will mean you get your certificate late. Land as soon as possible and start building your life in Canada. Also research what you can do without being in Canada to accelerate some of these processes.
The bloody thing is that even you cannot call yourself publicly a Software Engineer or Cloud Engineer without having an Engineering Certificate from the province. It does not mean you will not get a job :D Internally in the company you can call yourself how you want and no one would even care :D

D

Deleted member 1050918

The bloody thing is that even you cannot call yourself publicly a Software Engineer or Cloud Engineer without having an Engineering Certificate from the province. It does not mean you will not get a job :D Internally in the company you can call yourself how you want and no one would even care :D
This is really sector-dependent. Software isn't my field so I don't know much but I hear software engineers have easier time finding jobs in Canada. For non-software engineers, some jobs specifically require certification, many others say having a certification is a plus. Either way, it's probably always better to move to Canada as soon as possible if you really want to build a life there.

Reactions: dxdroid

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
This is really sector-dependent. Software isn't my field so I don't know much but I hear software engineers have easier time finding jobs in Canada. For non-software engineers, some jobs specifically require certification, many others say having a certification is a plus. Either way, it's probably always better to move to Canada as soon as possible if you really want to build a life there.
Exactly :) I was reading some article that they want to stop the soft landing thing

D

Deleted member 1050918

Exactly :) I was reading some article that they want to stop the soft landing thing
I wouldn't be surprised and if I were Canadian I'd actually support to stop soft landing. One of the major benefits Canada receives is that people bring a lot of cash (POF) and into Canada and spend them immediately, which helps the economy a lot. Soft landing eliminates this and hurts the economy.

I'm not Canadian though.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
I wouldn't be surprised and if I were Canadian I'd actually support to stop soft landing. One of the major benefits Canada receives is that people bring a lot of cash (POF) and into Canada and spend them immediately, which helps the economy a lot. Soft landing eliminates this and hurts the economy.

I'm not Canadian though.
I was dead serious about the whiskey...

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
I meant to ask you guys something. My gf was working in UK few years ago. We will need to get a PCC for it. We just realized that yesterday. I started doing my search, I have found out everything and there is one thing that I am confused as hell:

7. Endorser details - Your application must be endorsed by a suitable individual. We require your endorser’s full name, occupation, relationship to you (e.g. friend, employer etc. but NOT family), a telephone number, and their email address as we may send your passport photograph to them as part of our check. Click here for a list of possible endorsers.

Who the hell should we put there hahahah She does not have any friends there as she was living there for 5/6 months.

@Jaycejay @ImpatientKangaroo @Carmen01

Last edited:

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Honestly, this forum has become a toxic already. Speculate all you want but it won’t matter. Unless IRCC resumes FSW draws, your opinion doesn’t have a stand. I’ve been reading your speculations since last year but IRCC still hasn’t conducted any FSW draws. If September will come and IRCC still won’t conduct FSW draws, you will speculate in October, then Novermber, then December.
But we aren’t complaining and speculating is the only thing we can do.
Define toxic?

queencoxie

Oct 23, 2020
The endorser doesn’t have to be a UK resident. My friend in Nigeria was my endorser.
I meant to ask you guys something. My gf was working in UK few years ago. We will need to get a PCC for it. We just realized that yesterday. I started doing my search, I have found out everything and there is one thing that I am confused as hell:

7. Endorser details - Your application must be endorsed by a suitable individual. We require your endorser’s full name, occupation, relationship to you (e.g. friend, employer etc. but NOT family), a telephone number, and their email address as we may send your passport photograph to them as part of our check. Click here for a list of possible endorsers.

Who the hell should we put there hahahah She does not have any friends there as she was living there for 5/6 months.

@Jaycejay @ImpatientKangaroo @Carmen01