+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
The way I calculate it is about 20k for school and 30k for life expenses per year, so 50k/year. I assumed MSc, which is 2 years so it's about 100k. You can do it much cheaper if you're able to find a prof who's willing to employ you as a grad research assistant. You get paid some amount, you add your own money on top of that to not live like a stray dog (it's very probable to end up living like a stray dog in Canada if you don't have enough money).

But think long term. If you're getting that 1 year diploma just for CEC and CRS, ask below:

- What is the job market like in my field in Canada? Will I have many options?
- Will I be faced with the infamous "hm but do you have Canadian experience?" or will I have made a good network at school?
- How soon after graduating will I be able to find a good job?

The education path is only safe if you were gonna take that route anyway; like some people really do wanna do a master's. But if you're planning to do it just for immigration purposes, be very careful.
Well, Actually I was planning to do a Master's or study something else once I landed in Canada, but as a PR and paying PR prices... I really don't like to even have to make an immigration plan about studying, I already did enough to meet their high standard requirements by doing everything to have this high CRS.

Reactions: Timbuktu_14
D

Deleted member 1050918

Well, Actually I was planning to do a Master's or study something else once I landed in Canada, but as a PR and paying PR prices... I really don't like to even have to make an immigration plan about studying, I already did enough to meet their high standard requirements by doing everything to have this high CRS.
As a PR paying PR prices, AND as someone who's employed in Canada, getting an actual salary. I DO NOT recommend being just a student in Canada. It's a shitty life trust me.

Unless you have saved up at least 50k CAD for each of those student years of course.

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
As a PR paying PR prices, AND as someone who's employed in Canada, getting an actual salary. I DO NOT recommend being just a student in Canada. It's a shitty life trust me.

Unless you have saved up at least 50k CAD for each of those student years of course.
Oh, no, my plan has never been to be a PR student, I was planning to prioritize my job, and take my time with my studies, like, I wouldn't need to rush and pass everything, just do a few subjects a year and eventually graduate. That's the good thing about being PR, no IRCC telling you when you have to pass your exams if you want a PGWP

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Actually, last year he said that draws will happen and he predicted that they will happen in the upcoming 2 or 3 months, but it happened in a few hours. So, not a reliable source :)
Best of the lots is Kubeir because he doesn't speculate anything. He's based most of his predictions on logic and not some lawyer saying it's this or that without an iota of truth. Every second, Mark refers to one document he is written or "book a consultation" blah blah. When the going was good, they came correct by advising clients intelligently as regards technical issues but this days, it's always "book a consult". Balderdash.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I'd say Sept-Oct is just too soon to make that call. I'd wait until this year is through. If there's anything new we'd most likely see it in the beginning of 2022 especially with the new government. No matter the scenario, as I've joked about a bit, one should probably think very, very carefully about the Canadian education path. Canada is the bomb if we're talking about outland pathways. For education pathways, I'd suggest you research what other alternatives you might have and also I'd suggest you think about long term benefits.

Said it before, will say it again; Canada has a poor job market for STEM people. If you believe your degree will gain you a strong network in Canada that possibly lands you a decent job after, go for the degree. Otherwise, you're probably wasting your money by buying a Canadian PR for 100k CAD. Research your alternatives first and if you so wish to be in Canada regardless of the cost you have to pay, go for it.
Europe is much better for STEM-related opportunities. Personally, if I am going to leave my country to study with the hope of staying back, Canada won't be my first choice. I will take the UK instead.

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
Best of the lots is Kubeir because he doesn't speculate anything. He's based most of his predictions on logic and not some lawyer saying it's this or that without an iota of truth. Every second, Mark refers to one document he is written or "book a consultation" blah blah. When the going was good, they came correct by advising clients intelligently as regards technical issues but this days, it's always "book a consult". Balderdash.
when the june 21 announcement was made. Kubeir tweeted about it maybe 30 mins earlier I guess.
Now his prediction is PPR for Outland will be issued starting September but mostly in 4th quarter of this year.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I wasn't actually going to expend 100K, I don't have that kind of money, but I was thinking about a 1 year diploma..
My plan B was OINP Tech draws.... I should've been chosen in the February draw, but I wasn't because my score was too high....
By this day I would have had my nomination and an ITA.
Even Outland PNP files aren't getting finalized buddy. I have passsed all stages except Security since March 2nd but no PPR till now. Also, I know a few people that have been waiting for PPR since 2019. It's crazy how they do this but Marco's gotta do what Marco's gotta do.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
when the june 21 announcement was made. Kubeir tweeted about it maybe 30 mins earlier I guess.
Now his prediction is PPR for Outland will be issued starting September but mostly in 4th quarter of this year.
Everything is based on logic; he's never claimed to know what IRCC is going to do. I remember he started a campaign against IRCC to finalize outland applications sometimes last month. People could argue that he did that because most of his clients are outlanders but that's not true. He's got many clients in Canada and I know about two. What IRCC is doing just doesn't make sense to him and he is doing everything to ensure they hear him. Crazy times.

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Everything is based on logic; he's never claimed to know what IRCC is going to do. I remember he started a campaign against IRCC to finalize outland applications sometimes last month. People could argue that he did that because most of his clients are outlanders but that's not true. He's got many clients in Canada and I know about two. What IRCC is doing just doesn't make sense to him and he is doing everything to ensure they hear him. Crazy times.
I started watching Kubair's YT channel some time ago and he seems to be a good guy and as you have said it he is just logically thinking about the situation and gathers the facts. I do understand why Mark is asking to book a consult, a lot more people started watching his channel, there is a lot more questions etc. He is sharing a lot of info. However as I said it, everyone are just speculating about it.

What I am surprised the most is the quietness around FSW program itself. I mean since they have stopped doing the draws, not even a one person from IRRC or government mentioned FSW applicants for any draws. It was dead quiet and still it is. It is highly unlikely that they would stop the program now, however the next question is how long we will have to wait to get our application processed if we will get ITA we say end of this year.

My only hope is that more and more things will come back to normal and we will start a little bit of our lives back. I am not getting younger same as few people here. My gf is turning 28 this year I am turning 29 so in theory we have another 2 years, however it feels like it is a lot of time, I think it will just fly by.

If draws will not start happening this year, I think we will try to figure out if she can get a PR as a nurse somehow. If not, I will try to get an internal movement from the company where I am working based on a working VISA or something. I will try to figure out something. It is hard to believe though that they will just lose the intrest in highly skilled immigrants.

Reactions: OneStepAtATime

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I started watching Kubair's YT channel some time ago and he seems to be a good guy and as you have said it he is just logically thinking about the situation and gathers the facts. I do understand why Mark is asking to book a consult, a lot more people started watching his channel, there is a lot more questions etc. He is sharing a lot of info. However as I said it, everyone are just speculating about it.

What I am surprised the most is the quietness around FSW program itself. I mean since they have stopped doing the draws, not even a one person from IRRC or government mentioned FSW applicants for any draws. It was dead quiet and still it is. It is highly unlikely that they would stop the program now, however the next question is how long we will have to wait to get our application processed if we will get ITA we say end of this year.

My only hope is that more and more things will come back to normal and we will start a little bit of our lives back. I am not getting younger same as few people here. My gf is turning 28 this year I am turning 29 so in theory we have another 2 years, however it feels like it is a lot of time, I think it will just fly by.

If draws will not start happening this year, I think we will try to figure out if she can get a PR as a nurse somehow. If not, I will try to get an internal movement from the company where I am working based on a working VISA or something. I will try to figure out something. It is hard to believe though that they will just lose the intrest in highly skilled immigrants.
The silence is the major issue for many. I mean, it's going to be easy to just focus on other things if they come out to say something. Australia said it and people understood; nobody is bashing them online or having false hopes ignited by speculations, it's like they just left us to feed on tatters which isn't great at all.

Anyway, it's the same thing we've been saying all along. At this point, I have chosen not to even expect anything. When they're ready to welcome us, they will let us know and if we feel it's affecting our lives somehow, we will seek alternatives. I'm tired.

Reactions: HA1986

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
The silence is the major issue for many. I mean, it's going to be easy to just focus on other things if they come out to say something. Australia said it and people understood; nobody is bashing them online or having false hopes ignited by speculations, it's like they just left us to feed on tatters which isn't great at all.

Anyway, it's the same thing we've been saying all along. At this point, I have chosen not to even expect anything. When they're ready to welcome us, they will let us know and if we feel it's affecting our lives somehow, we will seek alternatives. I'm tired.
Did Australia mentioned about some plans to resume immigration?

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Not sure, I haven't read any news about Aussie immigration for some months now.
Lets see what will happen in Canada. I mean they need people and they are competing with US. Same as you, we do not have high expactations for now. I am really angry on how covid complicated a lot of things for a lot of people :(

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Telecoms in Canada are generally behind the rest of the developed world because of a lack of competition.
3 big companies dominate the telecom space - Rogers, Bell, and TELUS. Most of the smaller providers are owned by them. As such, there’s not much incentive for them to innovate or compete, especially on price. And customer service is… not great.
It is not just because of limited competition. The main reason is that the country is huge but subscriber base is too low to have a large pool of competitors. The population of Canada is ~37M and that of USA is ~350M almost 10 times. Telecom is highly capital intensive business. Even if hypothetically one telecom company could get 100% of customers in Canada that is still only 37M subscribers. They can get those many in just 5 cities in USA and 2 cities in countries like India. The cost of infrastructure is almost the same in all countries. There is just not enough economies of scale for telecom costs to come down in Canada. On top of that big metro areas like GTA possibly subsidize the cost of telecom in more rural parts of Canada. Also, Canada can't do business with companies like Huwaei which sell telecom equipment much cheaper than competition.

But given all that these companies really shouldn't have any excuse for shitty customer service but they know no outside company will challenge them because no one wants to build massive infra just to compete for 37M subscribers. Just doesn't make economic sense.