Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
I wanna go back to the time when people sharing the news about getting PPRs and predicting the next draw score was the norm. When people could travel anywhere freely not having to worry about whether they will be able to see their families again due to lockdowns. When people could make vacation plans.
Covid really sucks. It's given everyone the opportunity to use it as a political tool to control people and their freedom.

D

Deleted member 1050918

I wanna go back to the time when people sharing the news about getting PPRs and predicting the next draw score was the norm. When people could travel anywhere freely not having to worry about whether they will be able to see their families again due to lockdowns. When people could make vacation plans.
Covid really sucks. It's given everyone the opportunity to use it as a political tool to control people and their freedom.
Many people love this fake post-apocalyptic nonsense as it gives their meaningless lives a false sense of purpose. "Wear a mask, save lives" yeah you totally save lives by wearing a mask and posting tweets. And then there are "essential workers", gotta be my favorite.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Many people love this fake post-apocalyptic nonsense as it gives their meaningless lives a false sense of purpose. "Wear a mask, save lives" yeah you totally save lives by wearing a mask and posting tweets. And then there are "essential workers", gotta be my favorite.
truth

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
My friend got a job before applying too. He got to Canada in December but was already working with VanHack to secure a role since around October. He got the offer in November, moved by first week of December but only resumed the job in January. He applied for the US Visa in March and got it within 5days of application - shortly before the lockdown.

He's into UI/UX so it was relatively easy for him to secure the role from outside Canada but he disclosed to VanHack that he already has PR and only need to land to activate it.
glad things worked out for your friend.
Was it a Visitor Visa?

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
My friend got a job before applying too. He got to Canada in December but was already working with VanHack to secure a role since around October. He got the offer in November, moved by first week of December but only resumed the job in January. He applied for the US Visa in March and got it within 5days of application - shortly before the lockdown.

He's into UI/UX so it was relatively easy for him to secure the role from outside Canada but he disclosed to VanHack that he already has PR and only need to land to activate it.
I work remotely for my clients based in USA. I wonder if I need to register a business in Canada so that it will improve my chances of getting a US visa from there as I'm not looking to get employed in Canada.
I have never applied for a US visit visa before so I don't really know how they see remote employment of a person applying from outside their country of citizenship.

Last edited:

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
glad things worked out for your friend.
Was it a Visitor Visa?
Visitor to the US, yes. He's a PR in Canada. He wanted to go to the US to buy a Car hence the visa request. He could not make it because of Covid so he ended up picking one at a dealership in Toronto.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I work remotely for my clients based in USA. I wonder if I need to register a business in Canada so that it will improve my chances of getting a US visa from there. I'm not looking to get employed in Canada.
I have never applied for a US visit visa before so I don't really know how they see remote employment of a person applying from outside their country of citizenship.
When you get to Canada as PR, applying for visa to visit the US is not a big deal. They will give it to you and it's usually 10years validity for many. According to my friends, the counterfoil will state that you're a PR of Canada.

Reactions: Psyoptica

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Visitor to the US, yes. He's a PR in Canada. He wanted to go to the US to buy a Car hence the visa request. He could not make it because of Covid so he ended up picking one at a dealership in Toronto.
Please tell me more about this. I can buy a car from a US dealership and bring it to Canada? Is it common for people to do this?

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Please tell me more about this. I can buy a car from a US dealership and bring it to Canada? Is it common for people to do this?
Yes, you can buy from a dealership in the US and drive back to Canada through the land borders. You will need to pay necessary duties and all but according to him, it's cheaper all round to buying the particular car he wanted in Canada.

Modified: He advised that if you're sure of your landing, you can buy before entering then declare it as part of your goods to follow upon landing to avoid paying taxes/import-duty.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
Yes, you can buy from a dealership in the US and drive back to Canada through the land borders. You will need to pay necessary duties and all but according to him, it's cheaper all round to buying the particular car he wanted in Canada.
great, thanks!

Reactions: Timbuktu_14

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Canadian business community largely supportive of vaccine passport system
The Canadian business community appears to be largely supportive of the Quebec government's move to impose the country's first vaccine passport system.

The Canadian Chamber of Commerce says vaccine passports or digital vaccination certificates would help to prevent future waves of the pandemic from forcing a resurgence of financially disastrous lockdowns by enabling those with low risk to participate in events, move freely and go about their daily lives.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I don't really care that Canada is going to hurt badly in long term by accepting a bunch of oldies/low-skilled immigrants. I don't care where they import their immigrants from or if they stop doing it altogether. What infuriates me really is all the lies told by the government and IRCC that prompted people to leave jobs, sell houses make compromises on opportunities in the hope of having a future in Canada.
Kind of like being in a committed relationship with someone you're going to marry and all of a sudden you start hearing lame excuses and eventually stop seeing and hearing from them.
It's a matter of principle regardless of what challenges are faced by them. When will they realize they are ruining lives because of petty politics over immigration? When will they stop lying and giving people false hope?
Let me give you a perspective from someone who is in Canada and is living here for past almost 4 years now. At the beginning of pandemic, a massive lockdown was announced and it was a death call for a number of businesses in Canada. Around me there are a long list of store, restaurant etc which closed. Now, with economy reopening there is another trouble for businesses. There are not enough "low skilled" employees. Its really hard for them to recruit cashiers, farmworkers, store keepers, chefs, servers and what not. Many businesses are facing this crunch. It will settle down but it is another problem for Canada. Politically, it is VERY hard to allow people en masses right now from outside after seeing what is happening in US and UK right now. I know many folks who got their relatives into Canada via alternative paths but that is attracting a lot of criticism. I have never seen an iota of racism in Canada but I see frowns when people talk about people from places hit hard by delta version coming here.

What do you think government will do? It will hold on to ALL the low skilled labor which is in Canada. Most of the time, the so called low skilled labour is ESSENTIAL for survival of the society. The highly skilled workers help economy grow, the low skilled people keep the society alive and chugging along. This is why such a huge flurry of CEC accepts with really low numbers. These folks are here, they are doing a lot of jobs which are essential for survival of the Canadian society. Jobs like reciving cash, jobs like harvesting produce, jobs like inspecting meat, jobs like butchering cattles for meat, jobs like delivering groceries to elderly population.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Let me give you a perspective from someone who is in Canada and is living here for past almost 4 years now. At the beginning of pandemic, a massive lockdown was announced and it was a death call for a number of businesses in Canada. Around me there are a long list of store, restaurant etc which closed. Now, with economy reopening there is another trouble for businesses. There are not enough "low skilled" employees. Its really hard for them to recruit cashiers, farmworkers, store keepers, chefs, servers and what not. Many businesses are facing this crunch. It will settle down but it is another problem for Canada. Politically, it is VERY hard to allow people en masses right now from outside after seeing what is happening in US and UK right now. I know many folks who got their relatives into Canada via alternative paths but that is attracting a lot of criticism. I have never seen an iota of racism in Canada but I see frowns when people talk about people from places hit hard by delta version coming here.

What do you think government will do? It will hold on to ALL the low skilled labor which is in Canada. Most of the time, the so called low skilled labour is ESSENTIAL for survival of the society. The highly skilled workers help economy grow, the low skilled people keep the society alive and chugging along. This is why such a huge flurry of CEC accepts with really low numbers. These folks are here, they are doing a lot of jobs which are essential for survival of the Canadian society. Jobs like reciving cash, jobs like harvesting produce, jobs like inspecting meat, jobs like butchering cattles for meat, jobs like delivering groceries to elderly population.
Well said, very well said. I feel there needs to be a balance though; where people whose lives have been on hold because of the commitments they made towards achieving the Canadian dreams aren't completely ignored. As I have mentioned here a while back, once you start this journey, you're 100% committed to it. How about understanding this and somehow, find a way to do what works for all the parties involved? A pause of almost two years for some isn't considerate. Funnily, many of these so called "high-skilled" immigrants settle for these survival jobs in their first year - thereabout. So you aren't exactly losing anything by bringing them into the country to fill these shortages, gaps or what have you in the "low-skilled" realm on a temporary basis. I believe this would give most the needed "Canadian experience" which is kind of important to most employers within Canada.

People aren't against making the people who's found their ways into the country to stay, we are just agitated that they are staying at the detriment of our own arrivals. I personally don't care how many of the "low skilled" immigrants get to become PR, I just want to get this PR journey sorted so I can start the next phase of my life.

Hope you understand the sentiments?

thaipham

Star Member
Aug 5, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
Oct 2020

I think a lot of people here aren't too frustrated about low-score CEC invitations, they're angry about how IRCC handles communication. We are all left in the dark and we have no idea what the future looks like. I'm among the fortunate ones that still have a job during the pandemic so I can ride it out, but I can't imagine the lives of other applicants, especially people who received COPR before March 2020 and couldn't travel to Canada even though they had left their jobs and sold their houses.
IRCC doesn't even update anything on GCKey accounts for Outland application. I ordered GCMS note and it shows that my application has been approved, but everything on my GCKey account still has question marks, even eligibility. I had no idea where my application was at before I received my GCMS.

The least they could have done would be saying "look, we're still processing outland applications, but border is close right now so we can't send out PPR. We will do right away when the pandemic is over," and they could update our online account step by step (e.g., we shouldn't need to order GCMS notes to know that our criminal background check has passed).

Last edited:

boilercat

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
I think a lot of people here aren't too frustrated about low-score CEC invitations, they're angry about how IRCC handles communication. We are all left in the dark and we have no idea what the future looks like. I'm among the fortunate ones that I still have a job during the pandemic so I can ride it out, but I can't imagine the lives of other applicants, especially people who received COPR before March 2020 and couldn't travel to Canada even though they had left their jobs and sold their houses.
IRCC doesn't even update anything on GCKey accounts for Outland application. I ordered GCMS note and it shows that my application has been approved, but everything on my GCKey account still has question marks, even eligibility. I had no idea where my application was at before I received my GCMS.

The least they could have done would be saying "look, we're still processing outland applications, but border is close right now so we can't send out PPR. We will do right away when the pandemic is over," and they could update our online account step by step (e.g., we shouldn't need to order GCMS notes to know that our criminal background check has passed).
Do you mind to share where you applied from and when did you get your GCMS?