+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

asksharelearn

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Express Entry applications
Last updated: August 3, 2021
Canadian Experience Class applications
We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
November 15 and 21, 2020 ?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.
All other Express Entry applications
  • We have limited capacity to process applications and you may experience a delay.
  • If your application was approved on or before March 18, 2020, and your COPR has expired, you must follow these instructions.
I am sure in a month or two they are going to run out of the CEC applications and this message will say, "we are actively sending agents into the future to bring back CEC applications as We're working at full capacity to process applications and we do not have enough CEC applications"

We tried to tell this to you a couple of months back with a 404 CEC not found CRS cutoff.

And All other Express Entry applications
  • We already sent your applications into the future with the agents that went to fetch the CEC applications.

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
CRS score is a profiler. It gives direct information about a candidate's age, language abilities, education, professional experience. Employers do care a lot about how young one is and how skilled one is. The younger the better if the candidate has similar experience/skill. No CRS350 can take the job from a CRS450+ because the latter is almost always younger with far better education and language skills, also similar experience/skill.

Which is exactly why IRCC has built the CRS system in this way in the first place. It's not like we made it up.
Yes, it is a profiler... for IRCC.

I was referring to after, once immigrants have landed.

I have never heard any of the many YouTubers dealing with Canadian immigration telling us that we should put the CRS in bold letters on our CV. To the contrary, it's more to the tone of "you have to be ready to become a nobody and start from scratch".

D

Deleted member 1050918

Yes, it is a profiler... for IRCC.

I was referring to after, once immigrants have landed.

I have never heard any of the many YouTubers dealing with Canadian immigration telling us that we should put the CRS in bold letters on our CV. To the contrary, it's more to the tone of "you have to be ready to become a nobody and start from scratch".
I see your point. But I must say, while I agree it'd be very silly to literally put your CRS on your CV, you actually always put your CRS on your CV but just indirectly. Your work experience and education are on your CV. Once you go into the interview your language abilities are being tested. And as soon as the employer sees you, your age secretly gets considered. I hope you don't take all the CEC jokes seriously, there's really no need to take them personally. We're just passing the time.

sgoldsmith

Nov 20, 2020
I see your point. But I must say, while I agree it'd be very silly to literally put your CRS on your CV, you actually always put your CRS on your CV but just indirectly. Your work experience and education are on your CV. Once you go into the interview your language abilities are being tested. And as soon as the employer sees you, your age secretly gets considered. I hope you don't take all the CEC jokes seriously, there's really no need to take them personally. We're just passing the time.
I am too old to get offended on forums ;-)

I agree with you that in the end, your CRS will translate in the real life, as in your example with the job interview.

We just have to be careful not to judge the quality of people we don't know simply based on a number.

A candidate with truck driving experience, secondary education and the minimum level of English will have a lower CRS than someone with a master's in technology and high IELTS band. Yet, to the truck company owner that needs to move goods across the country, that candidate with the lower CRS will be more valuable.

Caprio

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
Hi guys!

I just logged into my profile and when I clicked on “Check Full Application Status”, it was taking a while to load. So I had to cancel and reload. Then the “Submitted” changed to “Application Updated”. Then I clicked on check full application status and it loaded. Went back to the homepage and it changed back to submitted.

Can this be a Ghost Update or a Glitch?

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
The only thing I can agree with him in regards to CRS vs employment is that IRCC gives a higher weight to age, because someone who could retire earlier is worse for them, while a company can just hire someone else and not be affected by it much.

D

Deleted member 1050918

A candidate with truck driving experience, secondary education and the minimum level of English will have a lower CRS than someone with a master's in technology and high IELTS band. Yet, to the truck company owner that needs to move goods across the country, that candidate with the lower CRS will be more valuable.
Absolutely. There's the Federal Skilled Trades stream for people with different professional skills. I also think that IRCC should create more streams for, say, truck drivers if Canadian employers need more truck drivers. This would be perfectly fine. The FSW folk are reacting to the situation with their jokes and whatnot because IRCC has been harming the immigration system by giving preference to candidates with different skills and experiences in a stream that they don't belong.

The FSW and CEC streams were created for a different branch of candidates and now when IRCC completely ignored that, people understandably got mad. The jokes never mean people of X or Y occupation are less worthy than people of Z occupation. It is IRCC's mistake that they got streams mixed up.

bluehorse

Dec 1, 2017
USA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO - Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2021
AOR Received.
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
17-01-2022
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Hi guys!

I just logged into my profile and when I clicked on “Check Full Application Status”, it was taking a while to load. So I had to cancel and reload. Then the “Submitted” changed to “Application Updated”. Then I clicked on check full application status and it loaded. Went back to the homepage and it changed back to submitted.

Its a Ghost ...

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi guys!

Ghost update

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I am too old to get offended on forums ;-)

I agree with you that in the end, your CRS will translate in the real life, as in your example with the job interview.

We just have to be careful not to judge the quality of people we don't know simply based on a number.

Well said

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Just noticed IRCC twitter has started replying to several questions asked by users in the past weeks. Noticing a slight attitudinal change from them lately. I will be more impressed when I see actual progress in terms of working on applications and conducting all program draws

Last edited:

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Just noticed IRCC twitter has just started replying to several questions asked by users in the past weeks. Noticing a slight attitudinal change from them lately. I will be more impressed when I see actual progress in terms of working of applications and conducting all program draws
Maybe the media coverage of the delays is drawing some heat on them, Twitter has been full of IRCC bashers for a long time now.