+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
How do you know if PCC is expired?
There is no validity mentioned in my PCC files.
It's usually valid for 6months pre-AOR and stays valid for another 1year post AOR. If you submitted your application in 2019, there are chances that they're going to request for a new one. It's been two years so there are chances that some would have been convicted for one crime or another. They have to ensure that you stay admissible to enter Canada, except they want to be magnanimous due to the long wait time we have experienced.

Reactions: shank15

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
This is solid advice. I Remember saying on the old thread a few months back that I had no intention of landing in Canada this year, especially not in a snowy winter I am not accustomed to...but at the rate at which things have gone and are going I just cant take that chance anymore. Soon as I get a COPR im outty! Perhaps a soft landing is a better option to consider...thats if its still permissible by IRCC during these unpredictable times? Maybe somebody on here can confirm this...And then still, you risk not being allowed back into Ca. with your PR status come spring time. Screwed either way. Itll have to be a one way ticket I suppose.
If they allow tourists to come and go, soft landing should also be allowed.

Reactions: Hokage and shank15

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Thank you very much for your advice! Super grateful :) :)

Noted on 1,2 and 3. This is very helpful!

Question 4 was only in case i realised there's a mistake AFTER i have made my submission. My PNP is valid for 5 months only now, and if my application gets rejected after those 5 months, that's the end of it for me. Therefore, i wondered what would happen if I made a mistake in my application (obviously I will be VERY careful, but just super worried and thinking of worst case scenarios) and if i will be given the chance to correct it.
Check your application very well before you submit to IRCC. Keep a checklist of things you are inserting in the application and ensure the documents meet program delivery standards. You won't have a problem if you are careful.

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
I think it was a Covid-induced leave of absence and not a vacation.
Thats old news bro
It's usually valid for 6months pre-AOR and stays valid for another 1year post AOR. If you submitted your application in 2019, there are chances that they're going to request for a new one. It's been two years so there are chances that some would have been convicted for one crime or another. They have to ensure that you stay admissible to enter Canada, except they want to be magnanimous due to the long wait time we have experienced.
desperate times call for despereate measures. iRCC can atleast show liniency with such things. Also considering the world was under lockdown last year, so chances r less of people going out to commit crimes even though u never kno. Still, people with high level of education with good crs scores to be eligible to immigrate to Canada, the chances of such people committing crimes go down drastically. But IRCC gotta do wat they gotta do

shank15

Mar 3, 2020
Regarding PCC... how sure are you about the 1 year validity Post-AOR?

immicow

Jan 9, 2020
This is solid advice. I Remember saying on the old thread a few months back that I had no intention of landing in Canada this year, especially not in a snowy winter I am not accustomed to...but at the rate at which things have gone and are going I just cant take that chance anymore. Soon as I get a COPR im outty! Perhaps a soft landing is a better option to consider...thats if its still permissible by IRCC during these unpredictable times? Maybe somebody on here can confirm this...And then still, you risk not being allowed back into Ca. with your PR status come spring time. Screwed either way. Itll have to be a one way ticket I suppose.
I am concerned about the job market in winter months especially November and December. I have to find something to pay my bills soon. Cold weather is least of my concern. I have been through a lot mentally being stuck. I want to throw myself in the job market and get busy searching for something. At least I will know where I stand.
Ill pack some thermals and buy one leather jacket to tackle the cold weather.

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
I’m hopeful that we will begin to see many people being issued their PPRs from September for 2 possible reasons:

1. Assuming the Memo containing the information regarding the Pause in processing of outland applications was renewed for another 90days, then it’s bound to expire at the end of August

2. This will coincide with the possible opening of the borders to all international travelers that meet the entry criteria in early September

I’m hoping the epidemiological situation remains favorable by then.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
I’m hopeful that we will begin to see many people being issued their PPRs from September for 2 possible reasons:

1. Assuming the Memo containing the information regarding the Pause in processing of outland applications was renewed for another 90days, then it’s bound to expire at the end of August

2. This will coincide with the possible opening of the borders to all international travelers that meet the entry criteria in early September

I’m hoping the epidemiological situation remains favorable by then.
It all depends on how they start reporting covid now. If they keep treating cases as the measure, then they will still be in fear. The country, now that will be one of the highest fully vaccinated, needs to start evaluating covid crisis by hospitalization.

Alysson

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2019
M
‘Be ready for Aug. 8’: some senior Liberals expect to kick off federal election campaign in a week

With politicos across the country caught in election fever, Liberal MPs, candidates, and campaign managers are preparing for an election campaign to get started on Aug. 8 or Aug. 15, with the election date set to be Sept. 13 or Sept. 20.

Well..well..well...well.....!!!!
it’s expected, they will try to cash in what they did during covid. What worries me is if they will resume immigration before or after the election.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Regarding PCC... how sure are you about the 1 year validity Post-AOR?
It's not written in stones but I have seen many requests for PCCs from folks with expired COPRs. If they can request such from them, what's stopping them from requesting from people whose applications aren't finalized yet?

Reactions: shank15

Lonwolf

Star Member
Feb 27, 2019
‘Be ready for Aug. 8’: some senior Liberals expect to kick off federal election campaign in a week

With politicos across the country caught in election fever, Liberal MPs, candidates, and campaign managers are preparing for an election campaign to get started on Aug. 8 or Aug. 15, with the election date set to be Sept. 13 or Sept. 20.

Well..well..well...well.....!!!!
Geez!, I thought the news was about Federal Skilled Worker .... totally missed out Federal "Election Cmapaign"... Saw the word "Federal" and my heart skipped a beat!

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I am concerned about the job market in winter months especially November and December. I have to find something to pay my bills soon. Cold weather is least of my concern. I have been through a lot mentally being stuck. I want to throw myself in the job market and get busy searching for something. At least I will know where I stand.
Ill pack some thermals and buy one leather jacket to tackle the cold weather.
I honestly don't see any point delaying landing due to the weather. You'll witness winter any which way; if not this year then next year.

It's a good idea to want to hit the ground running in terms of job search. The bills don't stop once you step a foot in Canada.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
M

it’s expected, they will try to cash in what they did during covid. What worries me is if they will resume immigration before or after the election.
I hope not. I don't think IRCC has anything to do with the election and should continue to process applications like usual. If they use it as an excuse to further delay more applications then we should all stop expecting anything from them.

Psyoptica

Champion Member
Feb 20, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-04-2020
It's not written in stones but I have seen many requests for PCCs from folks with expired COPRs. If they can request such from them, what's stopping them from requesting from people whose applications aren't finalized yet?
They have been asking for PCCs from people who are yet to be finalized. I'm one of those people.

Reactions: Timbuktu_14

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
It all depends on how they start reporting covid now. If they keep treating cases as the measure, then they will still be in fear. The country, now that will be one of the highest fully vaccinated, needs to start evaluating covid crisis by hospitalization.
Alberta is going to treat Covid like common flu going forward. They are trying to eradicate the need to quarantine for positive cases.