+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Its amazing you forgot the left leaning paradise and God's own country Kerala in the list. Keralites are also at the forefront of emigrating. From what I hear they are way more progressive with almost 100% literacy for past 30 years or so and have very good infrastrucutre and not to mention very equal society. Why will people from such a utopia will be at the forefront of emigration?

The reason is same everywhere. Money and perceived quality of life. Both remain major motivator everywhere and those who are better off are at the tip of the emigration everywhere.

Its not an Indian thing. Its a human thing. People from Hong Kong had been at the forefront of immigration to Vancouver for quite sometime in the past. To the point some people used to joke Vancouver as Hongcover. Hong Kong has been pretty decently developed and expensive part of Asia. So why? Same motivations... perceived quality of live.

If Mallu and HongKongers have been running to these parts of the world, why will Gujju be behind?
You can add Kerala to the list as well. It’s because Kerala barely has any industries due to years of communist party rule. The exodus of young people from Kerala to the Gulf was because they couldn’t find any meaningful work at home. Software engineers educated in Kerala move to Bangalore and everyone else, moves to the Gulf. It is not because of some “perceived quality of life”.
Here’s an article for you to read:
https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/29/we-do-not-have-many-options-growing-unease-over-recruitment-of-indian-labourers-by-israel

Indians are fleeing to a country which is at war. India’s economic growth is overstated. 8% unemployment and 25% youth unemployment. With statistics like that, you would have to question who is actually benefiting from the so called stellar growth of India. The rich?

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
You can add Kerala to the list as well. It’s because Kerala barely has any industries due to years of communist party rule. The exodus of young people from Kerala to the Gulf was because they couldn’t find any meaningful work at home. Software engineers educated in Kerala move to Bangalore and everyone else, moves to the Gulf. It is not because of some “perceived quality of life”.
https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/29/we-do-not-have-many-options-growing-unease-over-recruitment-of-indian-labourers-by-israel

Indians are fleeing to a country which is at war. India’s economic growth is overstated. 8% unemployment and 25% youth unemployment. With statistics like that, you would have to question who is actually benefiting from the so called stellar growth of India. The rich?
Of course. I wonder how it will crash. They keep squeezing every penny from the poor. They don't have kids, the poor can't have kids. Human greed is leading to the extinction. I hope I don't have to live through that. But it seems it's coming sooner.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Emigration from HK is not primarily for QoL. It's because of more freedom in Canada and lack of political persecution as well as threat of seizure of assets in HK
The average house size in Canada and even in vancouver is certainly bigger than whatever is there in Hong Kong. Not to mention the sheer number of people. Having high population density makes life harder. Reverse is true as well.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

Actually, compared to the population size India's diaspora is rather small. Some 30 million (NRIs + PIOs) for a population of about 1400 million. About 2%.

Take Australian diaspora for comparision. 600 thousand for a population of about 25.6 million. Thats 2.34% already.
Or compare to USA herself. 9.4 million for a population of 330 million. About 2.8%.
Or Japanese diaspora. About 4.0 million for a population of 125 million. Thats 3.2%
Or Chinese diaspora, about 60.0 million for a population of same size as India. Thats twice by percentage.

Now are we to believe that ALL these places are worse off as compared to India because their diaspora size is much bigger than us? Because bigger fraction of people are moving out of them?

Hell no! People are seldom happy with their lots and move. Typically to countries where they can settle. Infact, if you look at the numbers, migration was much lower during 80s when unemployment was at peak and in double digits.

To be really honest, higher emigration is a sign of growing abilities and prosperity of a country. Because poors seldom move anywhere.

Even if you read the article that you linked to, here is what it says:

Right now I earn around 15,000 rupees (£150) a month,” said Rajat Kumar, 27, from the north Indian state of Haryana. Though he has a bachelor’s degree, for six years he had been unable to get any other job except construction, earning a salary he described as “peanuts”.
Earning 15,000 INR a month is not unemployment and certainly a middle class salary for a single person in India. As I said many times before, these are not poor. These are aspirational lower middle class people.

Or this one

Vikas Dhanda, 33, from Panipat in Haryana, said he had applied for a job as a plumber in Israel. Doing the same work in India earned him just 17,000 rupees (£170) a month, which he struggles to survive on.
17,000 a month is again a lower middle class salary in India. He aspires to earn more for his daughters education.

XYZ321123

Nov 9, 2021
Oversimplification of numbers could be misleading.

A good measure to determine how bad the situation in a given country/state/province could be, level of illegal immigration to other countries.

EU nations have free flow of human capital between nations, if 4% Estonians are spread out in other European countries doesn't mean the country is doing bad.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
A good measure to determine how bad the situation in a given country/state/province could be, level of illegal immigration to other countries.
This is misleading. It is much more expensive to immigrate illegally from say India or China to north america. Unless people have money or wealth in some form, illegal immigration is not really possible. Lots of illegal immigration from India comes from wealthy parts: Punjab and Gujarat while really poor parts like bihar is rather unrepresented.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/blogs/toi-editorials/wannabe-nris-there-is-too-little-understanding-of-whats-driving-the-surge-in-indians-opting-for-illegal-immigration/

Several communities, and districts, in Punjab and Gujarat are long-established immigrant hubs, both legal and illegal. It’s worth noting both are among India’s better-off states; Gujarat’s per capita income was Rs 2.5 lakh (2022), seventh highest among Indian states.
The Paris episode shines a harsh light on how little investigation has gone into understanding the many factors pushing Gujaratis and Punjabis to leave India by paying good money to human smugglers. In 2023 alone, two families were killed making the journey. Of 9 Gujaratis missing this year after reaching the Caribbean, only one’s family contacted Gujarat police. The deal to send the individual to the US was Rs 70 lakh.
FYI INR 70 Lakh is about 115K CDN.

Last edited:

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
EU nations have free flow of human capital between nations, if 4% Estonians are spread out in other European countries doesn't mean the country is doing bad.
Estonia is an eastern europe country. They are very much aspirational economic immigrants. Just like everywhere else.

Winner Man

Star Member
May 20, 2021
Yaounde, CMR
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
IRCC
NOC Code......
There has been some concerns raised first by Quebec about the decline of french. And Quebecers do fight religiously for their french language. And there was also a study from Statistics Canada confirming the overall decline of French in the country. So The feds have first introduced the new official language charter and now they try to bring new francophones into the country.
Not necessarily francophones, but people who can communicate in French (even as a 2nd or 3rd language).

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
Its amazing you forgot the left leaning paradise and God's own country Kerala in the list. Keralites are also at the forefront of emigrating. From what I hear they are way more progressive with almost 100% literacy for past 30 years or so and have very good infrastrucutre and not to mention very equal society. Why will people from such a utopia will be at the forefront of emigration?

The reason is same everywhere. Money and perceived quality of life. Both remain major motivator everywhere and those who are better off are at the tip of the emigration everywhere.

Its not an Indian thing. Its a human thing. People from Hong Kong had been at the forefront of immigration to Vancouver for quite sometime in the past. To the point some people used to joke Vancouver as Hongcover. Hong Kong has been pretty decently developed and expensive part of Asia. So why? Same motivations... perceived quality of live.

If Mallu and HongKongers have been running to these parts of the world, why will Gujju be behind?
I am from kerala it used to be an amazing state to live provided you have a job ,cost of living in trivandrum to live a very comfortable life may be max 700 CAD per month including food rent for a family of 3 even today ,if you are cooking at home will be still lesser .
The issue is lawlessness left leaning paradise I liked that word ,Kerala has turned really intolerant in the last decade look at the no of people moved to is is look at kids chanting death for followers of other religion.
The funny part is politicians support that.Then comes thugs of CPM (Communist party) you can't open a business in kerala unless you pay them bribe ,Quality of higher education in kerala is just garbage may be better than other states but no where near where it should be especially when we got a head start .
People they are really nosy they want to teach morality 101 to everyone kissing on public is bad but spittingis okay again better than many states but not where it should be .
Kids (above age 15 ) are leaving especially to EU because they can't deal with this misery.
Bullying in college, they killed a guy last week because he was not a part of CPM and he was popular.
That state has become a hell hole in last decade, even govt employees are not getting salary because of severe economic mismanagement.
Jobs yes other than IT there is nothing nut many people they just move to middle east ,I know it is rude to say this but UAE,qatar ,Saudi is just an extension of kerala for many people but now the issue is the std of living again increased so does the mindset of settling in the west and the things I mentioned above is a catalyst.
There is a joke in kerala where everyou go there will be a mallu ,infact it is right we are in 193 countries with the exception of North korea and pakistan (I am wrong because there is a samall population in pakistan which speaks malayalam),In 1980s the state was really in a bad shape no money nothing so they sated moving to middle east and most mallus are not at all enterprenurial now it is changing we have some outliers in middle east for eg LuLU group.
I am not saying kerala is a horrible place it is way better when compared to a lot of places in some aspects I will even say better than canada especially when it comes to health care (hospitals may not be super clean but you wont die without treatment for sure) and weather and homelessness(I have never seen a mallu begging on street in my life of 31 yrs-I mean almost 0 homelessness which I dont think canada will ever achieve) but it is dropping like a rock no one want to be a part of a losing team ,sometimes it sad when you see the place where you are born and raised is turning into a shit hole.

Last edited:
Reactions: GandiBaat

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I am from kerala it used to be an amazing state to live provided you have a job ,cost of living in trivandrum to live a very comfortable life may be max 700 CAD per month including food rent for a family of 3 even today ,if you are cooking at home will be still lesser .
The issue is lawlessness left leaning paradise I liked that word ,Kerala has turned really intolerant in the last decade look at the no of people moved to is is look at kids chanting death for followers of other religion.
The funny part is politicians support that.Then comes thugs of CPM (Communist party) you can't open a business in kerala unless you pay them bribe ,Quality of higher education in kerala is just garbage may be better than other states but no where near where it should be especially when we got a head start .
People they are really nosy they want to teach morality 101 to everyone kissing on public is bad but spittingis okay again better than many states but not where it should be .
Kids (above age 15 ) are leaving especially to EU because they can't deal with this misery.
Bullying in college, they killed a guy last week because he was not a part of CPM and he was popular.
That state has become a hell hole in last decade, even govt employees are not getting salary because of severe economic mismanagement.
Jobs yes other than IT there is nothing nut many people they just move to middle east ,I know it is rude to say this but UAE,qatar ,Saudi is just an extension of kerala for many people but now the issue is the std of living again increased so does the mindset of settling in the west and the things I mentioned above is a catalyst.
There is a joke in kerala where everyou go there will be a mallu ,infact it is right we are in 193 countries with the exception of North korea and pakistan (I am wrong because there is a samall population in pakistan which speaks malayalam),In 1980s the state was really in a bad shape no money nothing so they sated moving to middle east and most mallus are not at all enterprenurial now it is changing we have some outliers in middle east for eg LuLU group.
I am not saying kerala is a horrible place it is way better when compared to a lot of places in some aspects I will even say better than canada especially when it comes to health care (hospitals may not be super clean but you wont die without treatment for sure) and weather and homelessness(I have never seen a mallu begging on street in my life of 31 yrs-I mean almost 0 homelessness which I dont think canada will ever achieve) but it is dropping like a rock no one want to be a part of a losing team ,sometimes it sad when you see the place where you are born and raised is turning into a shit hole.
We need to vote for privatization of healthcare in Canada. I am very envious of Premier Danielle Smith in Alberta

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
We need to vote for privatization of healthcare in Canada. I am very envious of Premier Danielle Smith in Alberta
It need not be either or. It can be combination. Like Australia has. Very robust healthcare with a combination of public and private healthcare. Its seen in Europe too.

armitabbsn

Oct 6, 2020
Iran
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi all
One quick question
For French category express entry federal selection, CLB 7 in french is enough?
Or ielts minimum clb7 is required as well to meet eligibilty?