+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Future enrollment yes, but never to this degree. Nobody thinks "oh, they are making videos on us, lets stop moving to Canada". It is very evident on just how bad things are for middle class students in Canada and they are avoiding coming here.

Remember - at the end of the day, those who invited these students were Canadians, those who exploited them were Canadians too. The same Canadians fucked over other Canadians while doing so.
What you mean how bad things are? The problem is these fake students expect to cover their entire cost by working part time. Students are expected to have enough money for their education and cost of living. The Chinese students aren’t living hand to mouth only these Indians are. Is it really exploiting when a simple google or YouTube search will give you the full situation online? Normally you are logical but your bias here is showing

Maria Odette

Star Member
Jan 19, 2022
The horse is out of the barn. Even the mainstream media is now ringing the alarm bells on the Liberal's immigration policy. Winter is coming for the fake students, whether they like it or not.

Also, the issues with the fake students is at colleges, not universities. The vast majority of indians are not enrolled in universities.

Reactions: carla_1109

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
What you mean how bad things are? The problem is these fake students expect to cover their entire cost by working part time. Students are expected to have enough money for their education and cost of living. The Chinese students aren’t living hand to mouth only these Indians are. Is it really exploiting when a simple google or YouTube search will give you the full situation online? Normally you are logical but your bias here is showing
> how bad things are for middle class students in Canada
I specified middle class students. Excluded rich ones.

Middle class should've never been here(as they can't afford!). You and I, we both agree on that. Now this existing middle class cohort is talking negatively about their experiences that's discouraging other middle class from coming in.

The current economy is impacting middle class students from every single developing nation. Be it from India, Pakistan, Filipino, etc, any middle class student from a developing nation wouldn't find life easy here. Reduced PR prospects make it even less lucrative for so many.

• Sad
Reactions: Lord_Tony

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
Listen, you are right. These students try to cover their cost by working part time.....which is as per plan of the Government of Canada.
The expectation on paper is correct, you should have enough money to support yourself, but even the every day Canadians know what the true cost of living in this country is and what the motive behind bringing so many TFWs to Canada really is. You know it too, all this is by design.

The financial and economic value of working part time is greater than just bringing enough money to not work during the course of your study. This is my opinion.

And PR was a major incentive for people to want to come to Canada as students too. It isn't anymore. Like @iSaidGoodDay says, the PR prospect is the last thing that kept them going, take that away and not many will come here. I believe this is what happened in Australia around 2018 or so.

Now some of my acquaintances who know they won't be able to get a PR in Canada or anywhere else for that matter, go to the US. Their plan is to make as much money as possible before getting kicked out.

Last edited:

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Listen, you are right. These students try to cover their cost by working part time.....which is as per plan of the Government of Canada.
The expectation on paper is correct, you should have enough money to support yourself, but even the every day Canadians know what the true cost of living in this country is and what the motive behind bringing so many TFWs to Canada really is. You know it too, all this is by design.

The financial and economic value of working part time is greater than just bringing enough money to not work during the course of your study. This is my opinion.

And PR was a major incentive for people to want to come to Canada as students too. It isn't anymore. Like @iSaidGoodDay says, the PR prospect is the last thing that kept them going, take that away and not many will come here. I believe this is what happened in Australia around 2018 or so.

Now some of my acquaintances who know they won't be able to get a PR in Canada or anywhere else for that matter, go to the US. Their plan is to make as much money as possible before getting kicked out.
Lets make FSW great again. All of this started in 2016 when they started giving CRS points for diplomas.

By the way, Did your friends do a diploma ?

I think one with a (Canadian master+ 1 year Canadian experience) or a Canadian bachelor degree + 2 years of Canadian experience) would still have a good probability of getting a PR in the next 2-3 years. Nobody is getting a PR through general category with only Canadian experience nowadays, you need both Canadian and foreign unless you speak French.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
However for folks for India it is a long waiting time to get Green Card and hence very few seem to want to go they say, it is true?
GC is a lure. Lot of people just stay on non permanent status for long time.

primestudio

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
I hope African nations don't fall for this scam. Only ~100k PGWPs are expiring between Jan 2024-May 2024 though. Others got an extension of till 2025. Logically, interest rates + less number of TFWs should stress housing market even more.
Where did you get the number ?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
The Chinese students aren’t living hand to mouth only these Indians are.
How long have you lived in Richmond? Chinese run a parallel "Canada" there complete with banks, jobs, services, news papers, "public" housing, "taxes" and "police" and what not.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
How long have you lived in Richmond? Chinese run a parallel "Canada" there complete with banks, jobs, services, news papers, "public" housing, "taxes" and "police" and what not.
No wonder during my last Vancouver trip, I felt as if I was in Beijing or Seoul. Before travel a lot of Air BnB hosts in Richmond kept rejecting me giving weird reasons like repairs or sudden friends bla..bla.., now if I think of it even short term rentals I think they give only to their own elk. Lucky for me finally a guy with a Jewish sounding name rented his place to me, it was a little pumped up price though, after 4-5 rejections I paid the premium.

Also while visiting I found all tourist spots, parks, those rope bridges all filled with Asian folks, funnily even some school trips was 100% all Asian kids (no Indian or Arabic or even south east Asian, but all Chinese, Korean, Japanese etc.. )

Last edited:

PRANIT01

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2021
No wonder during my last Vancouver trip, I felt as if I was in Beijing or Seoul. Before travel a lot of Air BnB hosts in Richmond kept rejecting me giving weird reasons like repairs or sudden friends bla..bla.., now if I think of it even short term rentals I think they give only to their own elk. Lucky for me finally a guy with a Jewish sounding name rented his place to me, it was a little pumped up price though, after 4-5 rejections I paid the premium.

Also while visiting I found all tourist spots, parks, those rope bridges all filled with Asian folks, funnily even some school trips was 100% all Asian kids (no Indian or Arabic or even south east Asian, but all Chinese, Korean, Japanese etc.. )
Yeah when it comes to racism east Asians are not behind when it comes to racism you shouldn't be surprised by that .Only exception I saw was Filipinos in US but In canada they are also not far.

When comes to indians lol we have our own ways .so none is better .
I an not gonna talk about white folks because they are guys who get blamed for being racist the most .

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
My point was that a lot many things about Chinese Students remain hidden because they work in their own bubble. they have their own debt system, their own "banks" to transfer money, their own "jobs" which are not advertised anywhere but in their own "news papers".

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
I do believe that without students, housing, education and at least 3 other billion dollar industries would be at risk.

At the end of the day, Canadians don't innovate they are overinvested into things that are primarily fueled by students. A leveraged industry can only perform if the need exist(e.g. oil) - Canada is overinvested into something that's going downhill.

Student numbers are already down(80% reduction), the backlash had nothing to do with it.
And this is one of the fixes for that. Businesses won’t innovate or invest if they’ve given access to an endless supply of a temporary underclass of low wage workers. Cut down that supply and viola, they have to either shut down or look for alternatives/solutions. A healthy economy involves the failure of unproductive businesses.

Last edited:

abhiram.kumar

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
Looks like this is happening in many universities:

https://www.sfu.ca/human-resources/managers-supervisors/hiring-freeze-faqs.html

SFU currently faces a financial shortfall in the 2023/24 fiscal year due to lower international enrollments and increased cost pressures. We expect that SFU's budget is likely to remain tight over the next few years.

I have read the same thing about McGill, Queens, not sure how many more are there.
Considering recent events, I truly believe that this is a good thing. Western universities have turned out to be garbage! You have Ivy League universities in the US and the top institutions in Canada openly promoting antisemitism. What sort of “education” are people actually gaining in these institutions? To hate Jews? What is Canada actually losing when these institutions fail.