+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FSW WORLDWIDE

henryle2802

Sep 28, 2023
Can anyone please explain French draw again loll? This IRCC is a real joke, what the point of French speaking over skilled labor force?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #270– October 25, 2023

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

French language proficiency (2023-1)

Number of invitations issued:
300Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 300 or above

Date and time of round: October 25, 2023 at 15:48:39 AM UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 486

Tie-breaking rule: September 30, 2023 at 04:22:17 AM UTC

If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #270– October 25, 2023

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

French language proficiency (2023-1)

Number of invitations issued:
300Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 300 or above

Date and time of round: October 25, 2023 at 15:48:39 AM UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 486

Tie-breaking rule: September 30, 2023 at 04:22:17 AM UTC

If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.
Not bad, cut-off is still 486, If some of the Anglophones are still complaining about their holy STEM streams being better than the French Speaking Stream I won't support them anymore personally. On the other hand keeping French cut-off so high won't make Lambdas study French for such a small score difference ;) they will find it hard to find even an ounce of motivation now on they rather flip burgers in McD or serve donuts in Timmies to get more points and money.

Reactions: Alysson

henryle2802

Sep 28, 2023
Not bad, cut-off is still 486, If some of the Anglophones are still complaining about their holy STEM streams being better than the French Speaking Stream I won't support them anymore personally. On the other hand keeping French cut-off so high won't make Lambdas study French for such a small score difference ;) they will find it hard to find even an ounce of motivation now on they rather flip burgers in McD or serve donuts in Timmies to get more points and money.
It is not just only STEM, it is not fairly divide for other categories and even general draw. It is comon sense.

Fasih Khan

Star Member
Dec 12, 2021
I just got ITA and my passport is about to expire in 5.5 months. I need guidance should I apply for the renewal of my passport and then apply for ITA or do I have to apply now with the same info that I have provided with my current passport which is about to expire in 5.5 months?
Kindly please guide me about this.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I just got ITA and my passport is about to expire in 5.5 months. I need guidance should I apply for the renewal of my passport and then apply for ITA or do I have to apply now with the same info that I have provided with my current passport which is about to expire in 5.5 months?
You have an ITA wouldn't it make sense to use the opportunity to apply now. Unless you have a very high CRS and are confident of getting an ITA again even if this one is rejected.

Once you have applied and have an AOR, you can still get your passport renewed and let IRCC know via a web form of the new passport number. Many have done this and is what I would recommend.

It might become too difficult to get your new passport in time to apply. It would be criminal to waste an ITA for this you never know when you might get it again.

Last edited:

001-Canada

Oct 16, 2023
ITA: July 7 2023 FSW outland
AOR: Aug 10 2023
MEP: Sep 7 2023 completed
BIO: Sep 13 2023 completed
Background Check: In progress
Eligibility: Not Started

Hi everyone
After biometrics, I got another update on tracker on 26th September but nothing has changed. Does anyone know what could this update mean?

BBnaija

Oct 26, 2023
Hi everyone, I hit OINP for FSW under the health category. My ECA says mom comparable to completed Canadian education credentials. It also says equivalent to three years of hospital study and training. Can I be refused ITA because of this?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Read the past forum threads here. You will be able to update your passport later if you read those. You can even go as far as sending a new passport after PPR too. But carefully read through those threads to understand potential limitations of doing so e.g. check if your validity of CoPR would be less as it can potentially be tied to your passport's expiry date.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi everyone, I hit OINP for FSW under the health category. My ECA says mom comparable to completed Canadian education credentials. It also says equivalent to three years of hospital study and training. Can I be refused ITA because of this?
Yes.

You might want to make your post clearer if you want more helpful answers...

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
Hello guys,
What are your views of people using Canada PR/ Citizenship as a way to get into or (H1B) backup for the US or another country?
Is it ethical or unethical?
On one hand, Canada PR and citizenship means that we make a promise to live and build a life in Canada permanently.
On the other hand, we get the PR and passport as economic transactions from our CRS points and tax contributions to the government during our working years.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hello guys,
What are your views of people using Canada PR/ Citizenship as a way to get into or (H1B) backup for the US or another country?
Is it ethical or unethical?
On one hand, Canada PR and citizenship means that we make a promise to live and build a life in Canada permanently.
On the other hand, we get the PR and passport as economic transactions from our CRS points and tax contributions to the government during our working years.
Not unethical. Just a life choice. At the end, no one will come to you/your family and feed you for your patriotism if things go south.

Reactions: Lord_Tony