App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Paid crowd+Free food+ Fanatics. He is Rockstar (Or a better PR manager) in the north. But he is less popular down south.
I doubt it was a paid crowd it was mostly Indians -students, workers and Indo-Aussies, I stayed in the vicinity of the event grounds believe me even the Ricky Martin concert which happened a year or so before wasn't as crowded as this event. I went for a walk and saw his followers who were dancing like maniacs on the streets waving yellow flags, screaming their lungs out etc...initially I thought they were all drunk but it wasn't the case it seems it common in their culture to do that I got a pep talk from a policeman patrolman on foot who I complained to.

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I doubt it was a paid crowd it was mostly Indians -students, workers and Indo-Aussies, I stayed in the vicinity of the event grounds believe me even the Ricky Martin concert which happened a year or so before wasn't as crowded as this event. I went for a walk and saw his followers who were dancing like maniacs on the streets waving yellow flags, screaming their lungs out etc...initially I thought they were all drunk but it wasn't the case it seems it common in their culture to do that I got a pep talk from a policeman patrolman on foot who I complained to.
I was referring to Indians as the paid crowd. Free food for Indians Students. And of course there will be Fanatics. Modi has been going to several countries to show he is a strong global leader as election is coming up next year. So his overseas party members sees to that there are crowds for his event.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I have heard he only vegan food, he was in Sydney, Australia 2015, OMG I have never seen such a crowd ever even in local Aussie events. He is a rockstar I have heard.
I think these Hindu nationalist fanatics are going to be a big problem in the future once India starts becoming a more relevant world power. I mean every country has its share of blind stupid followers, but these Modi fanatics are something else. On Reddit, they were openly applauding the Indian government's assassination on foreign soil saying it was proof of their strength. If they are doing this now, imagine what they would do once they actually become a big economy.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Are you sure those developments you speak about are attributable to BJP government? Seems to me development was fast in India regardless of who was in power post y2k as it was driven by the outsourcing boom. I am not sure if any particular government really should get credit. It was the outsourcing pioneers that brought in all the wealth, the only thing the governments did perhaps was not actively stop them. The outsourcing companies probably had to do a lot of palm greasing to get the business up and running though. To me it is the early leaders of the IT/Ites sectors in India who are the real heroes, thankfully the government did not activley thwart their efforts. Once somebody else has done all the hardwork to bring in the money, anyone can build infrastructure with that is my opinion.
You reminded me of a comedy series called "Outsourced". I really loved that series and was quite upset when it stopped :D :D.

Reactions: alexross

RSub

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2021
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
I think these Hindu nationalist fanatics are going to be a big problem in the future once India starts becoming a more relevant world power. I mean every country has its share of blind stupid followers, but these Modi fanatics are something else. On Reddit, they were openly applauding the Indian government's assassination on foreign soil saying it was proof of their strength. If they are doing this now, imagine what they would do once they actually become a big economy.
They are everywhere. Its going to be a huge problem. I am more worried about Hindus who are not fanatics but will be seen as one. May be I should start getting a tattoo "I am not a Hindu Fanatic". Lol.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
They are everywhere. Its going to be a huge problem. I am more worried about Hindus who are not fanatics but will be seen as one. May be I should start getting a tattoo "I am not a Hindu Fanatic". Lol.
They are teaching Jay See Ram to a Filipino in Toronto remember ;)

Reactions: RSub

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
You need these strong leaders and Fanatics mans, may be the Rodrigo Duterte effect on my side. but without these strongmen and their fanatic followers nothing will get done e.g. look at Canada and JT, USA and Biden I can go on...

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
You need these strong leaders and Fanatics mans, may be the Rodrigo Duterte effect on my side. but without these strongmen and their fanatic followers nothing will get done e.g. look at Canada and JT, USA and Biden I can go on...
I personally can and have lived in a nation that has Hindu nationalism. I mean my ancestors left India to then (east) Pakistan during partition trusting Jinnah and had to escape that during 71. We arrived as refugees in India. Even in Modi my hope was that being a strong leader he will unite the fractured Hindu populace into a strong mandate and being a business first PM he will push for economic and legal reforms. He has to a non-insignificant extant.

But the amount of polarization and sheer hate that has come out of this process and from him and his own leaders is simply too toxic. Hindu-Nationalism in India has now become a literal synonym for anti-Muslim, anti-Sikh and anti-Christian movement. This was not necessary. This is just stupid. You can have a nation that is based on superiority of one faith and yet gives a tolerant space for other faiths to live peacefully. Nominally, many gulf nations are now Islamic nations but they do not practice anti-other-religion policies.

If he was a nationalist strong man, it would have been fine and perfect too. He and his party is more like "anti-others" first kind of ideology these days.

Hopeful007

Feb 16, 2019
I guess they can become a bit of more of what China is right now at maximum, they cannot reach the US level though in the near future to cause much harm, by the time they reach, they would go through huge transformation just like western civilizations.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I personally can and have lived in a nation that has Hindu nationalism. I mean my ancestors left India to then (east) Pakistan during partition trusting Jinnah and had to escape that during 71. We arrived as refugees in India. Even in Modi my hope was that being a strong leader he will unite the fractured Hindu populace into a strong mandate and being a business first PM he will push for economic and legal reforms. He has to a non-insignificant extant.

But the amount of polarization and sheer hate that has come out of this process and from him and his own leaders is simply too toxic. Hindu-Nationalism in India has now become a literal synonym for anti-Muslim, anti-Sikh and anti-Christian movement. This was not necessary. This is just stupid. You can have a nation that is based on superiority of one faith and yet gives a tolerant space for other faiths to live peacefully. Nominally, many gulf nations are now Islamic nations but they do not practice anti-other-religion policies.

If he was a nationalist strong man, it would have been fine and perfect too. He and his party is more like "anti-others" first kind of ideology these days.
I get it, it is not very different from Trumps race baiting and resulting aggression and toxicity, I had a fight with my uncle who is a crazy MAGA guy.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I guess they can become a bit of more of what China is right now at maximum, they cannot reach the US level though in the near future to cause much harm, by the time they reach, they would go through huge transformation just like western civilizations.
My understanding is even as a economy if India becomes the third or second largest global GDP in 2050 AD or whenever their time comes. Only the top 10% of their population will supposedly benefit. The rich become richer and the poor and folks who live within a dollar a day expenses, might still keep struggling with creeping cost of living and other needs etc in 2050. The distribution of wealth in India is right now very poor and they will find that scenario challenging, wont become any better unless they get a dictator or have a revolution like China. The curse of being a democracy, needs collective decision making.

Reactions: RSub and imransyed

imransyed

Feb 26, 2020
Category........
FSW
My understanding is even as a economy if India becomes the third or second largest global GDP in 2050 AD or whenever their time comes. Only the top 10% of their population will supposedly benefit. The rich become richer and the poor and folks who live within a dollar a day expenses, might still keep struggling with creeping cost of living and other needs etc in 2050. The distribution of wealth in India is right now very poor and they will find that scenario challenging, wont become any better unless they get a dictator or have a revolution like China. The curse of being a democracy, needs collective decision making.
Very similar to China then.
The middle class will grow but their growth won't match the top 10%'s wealth growth. I think its basically how it is everywhere in the world. No place is fair in that regard.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Very similar to China then.
The middle class will grow but their growth won't match the top 10%'s wealth growth. I think its basically how it is everywhere in the world. No place is fair in that regard.
China I believe the wealth is more evenly spread inline with their communist principle. But the problem is we can't believe what they publish in their media and neutral media doesn't have access to the ground reality.